Cendence complaints
2344 20 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tangaroa
lvl.1
Chile

Hi all,
I acquired a cendence recently. I have read many complaints, and I am going to add some more.

firmware
Inspire 2  V01.01.0300
cendence V02.00.0030
Cristalsky V02.04.06.00
App Shows in i2 RC: V4.1.22 and Cendence: V4.1.18 ( check for update and both says its latest firmware)(  I'm not sure if this has anything with these troubles)
Cendence as Slave
Master its i2 RC

1.-The focus wheel dont work.

2.-the Pan and Yaw dials dont work.

3.-In the Screen "Remote controller Calibration", shows The dial Calibration all way to left. (without touching the dial); In the lever Calibration shows both all down.

4.-repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly shows an annoying warnings:  " Button customization has been configured to Custom 0. Slave Settings "

5.-Try to save adjustments and say " Save 20180105_1902_54.json failed. Please check your App storage permission."

Im attach some photos of these problems

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english.

2018-1-5
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

How are you going to resolve it with DJI? I won't be too happy if it does not work as advertised given so much hype on it from DJI.
2018-1-5
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have no issues with mine, everything works as advertised. The focus and camera pitch and yaw are very precise. Try rebinding your Cendence to your I2.
2018-1-6
Use props
Tangaroa
lvl.1
Chile

Thanks for the answers. I did what you said Rodger8, no luck. Just want to know, if is it a firmware issue or a real problem whit my cendence. I saw other people with the same problems, and moderators here, say "Sorry for the inconvenience, wait to next firmware (from Two updates ago).
2018-1-6
Use props
ICarrascosa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3356 ft
Spain

the same thing happens to me, and the calibration comes out exactly like yours. I think the solution is to go back to the previous version of firware and reinstall the new one by moving the dials at the same time it is updated.
2018-1-6
Use props
sebfly11
lvl.1
Flight distance : 313963 ft
Austria

Tangaroa Posted at 2018-1-6 13:03
Thanks for the answers. I did what you said Rodger8, no luck. Just want to know, if is it a firmware issue or a real problem whit my cendence. I saw other people with the same problems, and moderators here, say "Sorry for the inconvenience, wait to next firmware (from Two updates ago).

have you tried to set cendence as a master? same then?
2018-1-6
Use props
Tangaroa
lvl.1
Chile

sebfly11 Posted at 2018-1-6 14:56

Yes, a while ago I did it. Pand and Yaw dials in cendence works fine. The focus knob, now make a zoom and, just displace in to a closed focus (not working). Im forget to say that the lens is Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6, and the camera is x5s. I dont have right now another lens ( I have to try another lens).
After this, im took the cadence as a slave again, and keeps on the same problems. The most annoying is the repeatedly warnig that indicate in point 4.

thanks for your concern
2018-1-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sebfly11 Posted at 2018-1-6 14:56

Great thought
2018-1-7
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tangaroa Posted at 2018-1-6 15:55
Yes, a while ago I did it. Pand and Yaw dials in cendence works fine. The focus knob, now make a zoom and, just displace in to a closed focus (not working). Im forget to say that the lens is Panasonic Lumix 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6, and the camera is x5s. I dont have right now another lens ( I have to try another lens).
After this, im took the cadence as a slave again, and keeps on the same problems. The most annoying is the repeatedly warnig that indicate in point 4.

Why are you setting it to slave when it works fine in Master? Mine is set as a Master and everything works fine.
2018-1-7
Use props
Tangaroa
lvl.1
Chile

because for that I think they create the Cendence, so that the camera operator has all those buttons available or in this case some ones.
2018-1-8
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

This is what I will do too for a 2 man team. All these customised buttons are more for operating camera and gimbal for shooting the best video.
2018-1-9
Use props
JeffP
lvl.3
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-9 03:34
This is what I will do too for a 2 man team. All these customised buttons are more for operating camera and gimbal for shooting the best video.

I lost the ability to focus on my Inspire 2 and Matrie 210 after the firmware update.  I have to use my ipad now istead of the Crystalsky.  
2018-1-9
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

Dji probably will need to replace your cendence in that case if it doesn't work as a slave controller.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Tangaroa, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with Cendence.
For the second problem, the PAN and Yaw don't work, may I know if you have get the gimbal control? Is there any error message in APP?
As for the reset of issues, I have confirmed with engineers, we will get them all fixed in next version, it will be released very soon, appreciate your patience.
We apologize again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-1-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mind you, do you have any firmed date of next firmware release. I can't believe that there are still things not working at all not properly disclosed to potential buyers.
2018-1-10
Use props
MadProps
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-10 03:40
Tangaroa, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with Cendence.
For the second problem, the PAN and Yaw don't work, may I know if you have get the gimbal control? Is there any error message in APP?
As for the reset of issues, I have confirmed with engineers, we will get them all fixed in next version, it will be released very soon, appreciate your patience.

Has it been determined that the patch antenna issues are FW related or is it the fault of the antenna itself?
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DTK Posted at 2018-1-10 04:34
DJI Mind you, do you have any firmed date of next firmware release. I can't believe that there are still things not working at all not properly disclosed to potential buyers.

DTK, I fully understand the inconvenience caused, very sorry about it. I do not have the approximate date yet, but what I got from our engineers is it will come very soon. Please note the release announcement in Forum. Thank you.
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MadProps Posted at 2018-1-11 00:57
Has it been determined that the patch antenna issues are FW related or is it the fault of the antenna itself?

Please refer to this post, we have made it clear here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-128600-1-1.html
Sorry for the inconvenience cause.
2018-1-12
Use props
STKNRUD
lvl.2
United States

If you are having issues with button assignments and/or functionality of the Cendence while using a Crystalsky, replace the CS with another device and see if the problem persists.  I had some of these problems but when I switched to an iPad Pro, no issues.  I think the CS itself has lots of problems including it’s Android OS and interface with the Cendence.
2018-1-24
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft
United States

Mindy, I just got the Cendence and CrystalSky. I tried using my focus wheel and nothing. Are you telling I paid all this morning eyes and it's not going to work?
2018-4-13
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tangaroa Posted at 2018-1-6 13:03

If that is the case, I would send it in for a checkup. The only thing that I have had happen to mine is to do a Reset on its own. Then I had to reassign my landing gear button. Other than that, no issues at all. You should have DJI take a look at it. It is a great controller and to nice to not have faith in it and let it sit around. It is such a joy to use.
2018-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules