Training/Classes for Spark
1991 7 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0zFEH7D
New
United States

Hello!  I am a new drone user, just bought the Spark.  I was wondering if anyone could suggest training and/or classes for a new user?  Mostly looking for training for the Spark itself, functions, how to, etc, what to do in case of.... I've watched the online videos but looking for additional training. Does DJI offer anything like that (aside from the 1 hour free training)? If anyone can suggest a training or class I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you!
2018-1-5
Use props
dj_dread
First Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

Hi there!
I am not sure i totally understand your question. But,
- if you are talking about training on piloting your Spark, then i would suggest trying the Simulator in the DJIGo4 app. That will help you get more familiar with controlling and flying your drone.
- for the Spark features, the same app has an "Academy" section where you can go through different training materials and movies that explain the features and functions
- you can find on Youtube a lot of demonstrations and explanations (some of them very good, others very bad). With time, you will know what to watch
- then it's learning by doing and that means taking your drone out and test the different features. Make sure you are in a wide open space, away from people, buildings, etc. I've done the same when trying the different gesture control moves with my Spark. It takes a bit of time until you get familiar with the gestures
- if you are looking for training on taking shots/filming then i suggest some specialized reading. Also Youtube may help you with some good tutorials from various aerial photographers. Then again, it's about practicing.

Please make sure you practice in the simulator for several hours, even days. Then try not to brake any distance record but keep it in sight until you get familiar with the stick. By the way, it's better to control it via a RC. And make sure you read the operating manual couple of times.

Then, it's this great community hear who can help you, answer questions and share thoughts and experience!

As for the DJI training part, i'll leave this to them

I hope the above helped a bit. Take care!
2018-1-6
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum and to the hobby! I can't add much to the previous post by dj_dread, there's a bazillion YouTube videos out there. Billy Kyle has some really good ones.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, welcome to join the Spark Group. I'm sorry that we do not have extra free training class for now. Practice makes practice. With more hands-on experience, I believe you will be more and more confident. Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_0zFEH7D
New
United States

Great!  Thank you everyone for the feedback.  
2018-1-13
Use props
fansa14e9563
New
United States

On the Spark I programmed the Fn button to map view but it does not seem to work. Are maps something I must download or just shown when gps identifies the location?
2018-1-13
Use props
Supong
lvl.4
Thailand

Well, Spark is a great simple product. You do not need any training class to fly. Watch DJI tutorial video and try one by one. Strictly follow the pre-flight check lists and safety precautions. Get used to takeoff and landing, moving up down left right in beginner mode. Read the manuals for Spark controls and DJI Go 4, just do not be lazy. You can start flying within an hour and become novice in days.
2018-1-13
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

I was going to ask a similar question.  Been looking through numerous videos, have run the simulator, and am now practicing indoors using the controller to get comfortable with it. I have enough space to do it safely with the prop guards on. I am in no hurry to get outdoors yet because it's too cold to fly per DJI's recommendation and it's been windy of late. Don't want to let my inexperience get me in trouble. The material on preventative measures is great but the OP brought up a good point on "what to do in case of" material. Is there anything on line or even on this forum that offers rules on what to if your Spark begins misbehaving during its flight so you don't panic?  For example: Step 1 - do something, Step 2 - do something , etc.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules