New to Stitching
676 3 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

Since the P4P now offers pano photos, I started taking many pano shots of the area.  
When I transfer the images, I notice that they do not transfer as one stitched photo as is shown in the DJI Go app when I look it it, rather remains transferred in individual photos.  I have heard of others suggesting using other software online for stitching such photos back together once on my hard drive.
Can anyone recommend which software to use for this so I can share them in their pano mode?  Thank you.

Philippine Sunset

Philippine Sunset
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, do you mean that when you check the pictures on the SD card, there is no Pano in it? If so, please note that the Pano is stitched on the DJI GO 4 app and it will only store on the app, the pictures on the SD card is the original version that uses for stitching.
DJI Media Maker can stitch the Panos (except for Sphere panorama ), but the panorama effect of DJI Media Maker is different from that of DJI GO 4. So if you are interested in, you can go to this page to download it. Also, some others professional software will also do the work, hope other users might help to provide you with some info.
2018-1-5
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
Philippines

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-5 22:37
Hi, do you mean that when you check the pictures on the SD card, there is no Pano in it? If so, please note that the Pano is stitched on the DJI GO 4 app and it will only store on the app, the pictures on the SD card is the original version that uses for stitching.
DJI Media Maker can stitch the Panos (except for Sphere panorama ), but the panorama effect of DJI Media Maker is different from that of DJI GO 4. So if you are interested in, you can go to this page to download it. Also, some others professional software will also do the work, hope other users might help to provide you with some info.

Yes, thats what I was referring to.  I heard some people mention professional websites or programs that do stitching.  I'm just not that knowledgeable about this yet.  I guess its time for me to learn something new.
2018-1-6
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

Kuya Kano Posted at 2018-1-6 07:08
Yes, thats what I was referring to.  I heard some people mention professional websites or programs that do stitching.  I'm just not that knowledgeable about this yet.  I guess its time for me to learn something new.

I’m stuck with a particular workflow that evolved out of ground based 360s and don’t have access to DJIs own methods since I have the original P4 that does not have this mode yet. Instead I shoot/expose shots manually and stitch using Kolor Auto Pano Giga.  It’s rather expensive and having used it for nearly a decade it is giving me flexibility and results.

There are others available like PTGui  (demo available) and Microsoft ICE (free) to name two. It might be worth giving those a try to see how you get on. I didn’t have much success with Microsoft ICE as it didn’t offer much in the way of influencing how images are stitched which can be an issue if parts of the panorama don’t have enough detail or are full of repeating patterns.

It might be worth your while trying out a demo of Kolor Autopano/PTGui or the free Microsoft ICE to see how you get on with them.

The better the image you feed in the better the result – I generally shoot RAW and then tweak the exposure as necessary and export to tiff for feeding into the stitcher.
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules