Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I1 or I2... Why?
1939 29 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

Which would you choose? And why? I am in the market for a "professional system" and am an experienced pilot. Do I need to spend the extra $1K for sensors if I know how to fly? Is it worth the extra $1K for an additional 5-10 minutes of flight time? Please leave comments backing up your vote....
I look forward to hearing from you!

Check us out on Facebook at Aero-Drone Imagery and visit our website at Aero-Drone Imagery

Single SelectVote, Total 16 people participate in voting
12.50% (2)
87.50% (14)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-1-5
Use props
fansdb6ff1f7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1998786 ft
United Kingdom

If you intend investing in the I2 for professional use I would strongly advise looking through this forum first. Particularly posts relating to the latest  Firmware issue.
2018-1-5
Use props
Keule
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If you are involved in thermal imaging and FLIR cameras such as the Zenmuse XT, get the Inspire 1.
Looking for high quality photography and/or video production / longer flight time etc., get an Inspire 2 with at least X5S or X7.

2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Sir, I think besides the flight time and the obstacle avoidance function, the most important revelation of Inspire 2 is its all-new image processing system which can record at up to 5.2K in CinemaDNG RAW, Apple ProRes and more. It is more important for photographer.
In addition, we have increased intelligence adds multiple intelligent flight modes, including Spotlight Pro, giving even single pilots the ability to create complex, dramatic shots.
An upgraded video transmission system is now capable of dual signal frequency and dual channel, streaming video from an onboard FPV camera and the main camera simultaneously, for better pilot and camera operator collaboration.
All these info can be found in our website and hope it helps to make your own decision.
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

It seems that you are using it as a tool. You should probably get I1 which is thoroughly tried and tested by now. No surprises unless, of course, if you update your FW. For I2, its selling points are all the improvements on I1 but you definitely need 1 + 1. Having a backup will save your life.
2018-1-6
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both and I find myself using the I2 much more. It is very responsive and the flight time is much more enjoyable. The Video with the CINNSSD card is a great feature as well. Take a look at the Cendence as well. It is the best RC that is on the market.
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

Also check out all the new features of I2 and make it actually work. Some people who bought for a feature and now complain that it is missing. DJI' response - it will come the next update.
2018-1-6
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-6 05:12
I have both and I find myself using the I2 much more. It is very responsive and the flight time is much more enjoyable. The Video with the CINNSSD card is a great feature as well. Take a look at the Cendence as well. It is the best RC that is on the market.

It may be the best DJI RC on the market, but I could purchase a MUCH better off-brand RC for half the cost...
2018-1-6
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-6 18:05
It may be the best DJI RC on the market, but I could purchase a MUCH better off-brand RC for half the cost...

Could you be more specific, please?
2018-1-6
Use props
Upper Limit Fil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

I would highly recommend the inspire 2 over the inspire 1 having owned both the differences are drastic and the extra 5-10 min may not seem like much, but it feels like a lot more in the actual situation compared to the inspire 1.

https://store.dji.com/guides/52-ways-inspire-2-betters-inspire-1/

hope this helps
matt
2018-1-6
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Upper Limit Fil Posted at 2018-1-6 23:04
I would highly recommend the inspire 2 over the inspire 1 having owned both the differences are drastic and the extra 5-10 min may not seem like much, but it feels like a lot more in the actual situation compared to the inspire 1.

https://store.dji.com/guides/52-ways-inspire-2-betters-inspire-1/

Thank you for the input... As much as I don't want to, I am leaning more towards the I2.
2018-1-6
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-6 22:56
Could you be more specific, please?

I was refering to the DJI Cadence RC. Though the DJI Cadence may be nicer than the standard RC's that come standard with Inspire series aircraft, there are much nicer RC's on the market that cost considerably less than the DJI Cadence....
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

The transmission between AC and RC is on proprietary protocol, lightbridge. That is why you cannot be any third party RC no matter how good they performed.
2018-1-7
Use props
fansd845e849
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1495906 ft
Philippines

The difference in flight time is 4-5 minutes based on hover tests and regular tests.
I2 lasts 21 minutes to 10% and I1 lasts 17 minutes to 10%.

Sensor is important to get shots as low as possible but it may destroy your inspire since it can fail to do so.

2018-1-7
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-6 18:05
It may be the best DJI RC on the market, but I could purchase a MUCH better off-brand RC for half the cost...

I don't know about that. It seems to me that you don't want to buy anything. You asked for suggestions and then you disagree with the answers. The collision avoidance sensors can save your neck some day and the extra flight time gives you more time on station with time to RTH.
2018-1-7
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:59
I don't know about that. It seems to me that you don't want to buy anything. You asked for suggestions and then you disagree with the answers. The collision avoidance sensors can save your neck some day and the extra flight time gives you more time on station with time to RTH.

I was refering to the DJI Cadence remote control (RC), not the aircraft. Why would I stick a poll asking for suggestions on the two aircraft on here if I didn't want to purchase one of them? I just want to get as many opinions to help me make up my mind before I go and drop $5000. Perhaps you have the luxury to just go and drop that kind of money without putting any thought in to it, but on my Military budget, I sure don't. Thanks for your input...
2018-1-7
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-7 02:42
The transmission between AC and RC is on proprietary protocol, lightbridge. That is why you cannot be any third party RC no matter how good they performed.

I get that, just think that DJI got a little greedy asking that kind of money for a RC.
2018-1-7
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansd845e849 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:57
The difference in flight time is 4-5 minutes based on hover tests and regular tests.
I2 lasts 21 minutes to 10% and I1 lasts 17 minutes to 10%.

I gotcha, am starting to lean more toward the I2 at this point. Plus I have seen that DJI may be stopping the manufacturing of the I1...
2018-1-7
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

They are there to make the maximum profit, no doubt about that. For you, you only make sure you are buying what you want. Consider the features you want, make sure it works. Buy from local brick and mortar store, you sure will need it as their QC and subsequent FW update is a mess. Take time to frequent this forum and learn what others say about the products and what issues do they have. Afterall you are not buying a one off product, you need continous support and services from the supplier.
2018-1-7
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Im a newie when it comes to Inpsire, i feel that I1 is good enough for me for taking aerial photos I feel like the I2 are for more pro grade which I am not.
2018-1-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-6 23:29
I was refering to the DJI Cadence RC. Though the DJI Cadence may be nicer than the standard RC's that come standard with Inspire series aircraft, there are much nicer RC's on the market that cost considerably less than the DJI Cadence....

Presumably you're talking about features and specifications, not about aesthetics. Your statement may be true or not, I have absolutely no experience on this field. Yet, the Cendence controller was tailored to seamlessly "click" with particular  DJI-specific equipment, therefore the reliability and ergonomics of such combination seems to be naturally optimal, IMHO.   
2018-1-7
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-1-7 16:09
Im a newie when it comes to Inpsire, i feel that I1 is good enough for me for taking aerial photos I feel like the I2 are for more pro grade which I am not.

Inspire 1 Pro for aerial photography is probably more than you'll ever need, indeed. Video is a different story, where I1P can not compete with I2 on professional level.
2018-1-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-6 23:29

My Futaba 18MZWC was $3.000  with tons of features and programmability, but this radio does not have any ability to communicate with video streaming on any other frequency's. Is the Futaba a nicer radio? Yes, but is it suited for drones? No

So what Rodger8 is saying,   is the Cendence is a very solid and professional drone radio very much worth the $1000. It really takes the workload off the single operator that can make a difference in getting the shot.  The standard remote will do the job, if you need to save the money.

I have both the Inspire 1 and the newer Inspire 2. I have thoroughly enjoyed these aircraft.

>> The advances on the new Inspire 2 make all the difference in providing your confidence in getting the shot you are looking for. It is really more for the professional and is unfortunately priced as such.  

>> The Inspire 1 when it was first released, had the latest technology at the time had everything needed to get the job done.  The Inspire 1 is still a great aircraft to use.  But like a old computer, technology keeps out pacing us every year. So, I prefer to fly the Inspire 2 using the improved abilities and features.  I really need to sell the Inspire 1 because it is not getting used anymore (but can seem to part with it)

Only you, know your budget and situation.

>> If you require the latest technology for a professional environment, then Buy the INSPIRE 2.  

>> If you can get by with less technology options, then Buy a INSPIRE 1

PS: Thank you for your service to our country!
All the best
Rich
2018-1-8
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-8 08:58
My Futaba 18MZWC was $3.000  with tons of features and programmability, but this radio does not have any ability to communicate with video streaming on any other frequency's. Is the Futaba a nicer radio? Yes, but is it suited for drones? No

So what Rodger8 is saying,   is the Cendence is a very solid and professional drone radio very much worth the $1000. It really takes the workload off the single operator that can make a difference in getting the shot.  The standard remote will do the job, if you need to save the money.

That was exactly the kind of reply that I was looking for, thank you. As I am not too sure about shooting many videography flights, leaning more towards inspection / survey, I am starting to look at the Matrice series aircraft. Again, I appreciate your input...
2018-1-8
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

if your looking for just photos, the inspire 1 pro is plenty good enough, the camera stills aren't that different between the I1 and the I2

if its for video, the inspire 2 is a much better option, theres a large improvement
2018-1-9
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-8 20:27
That was exactly the kind of reply that I was looking for, thank you. As I am not too sure about shooting many videography flights, leaning more towards inspection / survey, I am starting to look at the Matrice series aircraft. Again, I appreciate your input...

You are welcome Aero-D ....   Sincerely hope this helps

All I can add is, you really cannot go wrong with either Inspire aircraft.  The Matrice is a much higher level from DJI....  huge increase in possibilities for inspection work!

All the best and let us know what you decide
Rich
2018-1-9
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-9 17:10
You are welcome Aero-D ....   Sincerely hope this helps

All I can add is, you really cannot go wrong with either Inspire aircraft.  The Matrice is a much higher level from DJI....  huge increase in possibilities for inspection work!

Though my budget is $5000, I have started looking in to the Matrice 210. Takes me over budget by a $1000 with the camera that I would want to install. Again, thanks for your input!
2018-1-10
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-7 07:29
I was refering to the DJI Cadence remote control (RC), not the aircraft. Why would I stick a poll asking for suggestions on the two aircraft on here if I didn't want to purchase one of them? I just want to get as many opinions to help me make up my mind before I go and drop $5000. Perhaps you have the luxury to just go and drop that kind of money without putting any thought in to it, but on my Military budget, I sure don't. Thanks for your input...

Actually I put a lot of thought into it and waited a year for them to get things straight. I am on a Social Security budget and paid for it out of savings.
2018-1-10
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
United States

Seeing so many issues that are unanswered, I would only spend my money for a second hand I1 since I am not expecting any support from DJI. I1 is also well tested and stable, just don't do any update to create any potential issues.
2018-1-10
Use props
Mike9129
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

if you are planning on going for an Inspire 1 pro second hand, i have one that I'm thinking of selling atm seeing as ive gone and bought the inspire 2.

the drone, x5 camera, original 15mm lens, 4 TB48's and 1 TB47. dual controllers,

if its of interest you can let me know and i can send on photos and we can talk about price and stuff.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules