Map caching question
718 3 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
administrator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 824094 ft
Netherlands

hello inspire flyers, i was wondering about the pilot app caching.

1. Does it allow for a infinite amount of caching? Will it automaticly be removed at some point? Maybe over time or over a specific amount of MB limit?
2. When i turn off the caching feature will the saved cache be purged or kept?

Just wondering how reliable it is.
2015-4-21
Use props
Scotflieger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26875098 ft
Italy

I have used map caching when I go out in the field due to limited 3G coverage in my area. I usually try to load an area about 2km radius around area I plan to fly at. There are about 3 levels of zoom on Google maps that you have to scroll around ensure full coverage. This can take about 10 minutes with my slow broadband wifi. I have noted but not quantified that some of my older caching may have been dumped. I have not tried turning the map caching off but the cache did survive the last app update.
2015-4-21
Use props
administrator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 824094 ft
Netherlands

thanks thats already some nice useful information
anyone else can please give some more?
2015-4-21
Use props
bvh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2669265 ft
United States

Before flying in a new area that lacks any cell service, I use the app to explore the area using the map.  When I get a large area mapped around the flight location - it will remain.  Later when visiting the location, all of the map information is present and I do not need to worry about downloading anything or missing out from lack of map information.  
2015-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules