Camera Distortion and freezes
1254 8 2018-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt218
lvl.2
Australia

Hi can someone offer some assistance please, I've got a P4P and I use an Ipad mini 2. Up until last weekend all was fine, then I did the update and now the drone is unusable. The drone is still responsive to the controller but the ipad screen does not respond to the drone/controller movements and is very distorted and turns itself off, lucky return to home works otherwise I'd have a lost drone.

I have an ipad mini 2 with IOS 11.2 with DJI Go 4 app version 4.1.20

Anyone else had this recently after these updates? Any assistance or tips to fix would be great. Thank you
2018-1-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Matt, just to verify, does the issue only appear in live video, right? Is there any difference if reinstall the APP? Alternatively, you can switch to another recommended mobile device to verify.
2018-1-6
Use props
Matt218
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-6 22:54
Hello Matt, just to verify, does the issue only appear in live video, right? Is there any difference if reinstall the APP? Alternatively, you can switch to another recommended mobile device to verify.

Hello

I had an ipad mini 2 with IOS 11 and as soon as I performed the upgrade to IOS 11, its use with DJI Go 4 and my P4P was unusable.There was continuous image lag, distortion and "weak image transmission signal". I had no issues whatsoever with IOS 10.

Since the ipad mini 2 is old and has a slower processor I accepted this and decided to upgrade to a 2017 ipad with IOS 11.2.1 and a faster processor.

However the exact same problems exist, there is almost continuous image transmission signal problems, the screen distorts and lags and it is generally unusable.

Is there an update to DJI Go 4 soon that will correct this for apple products with IOS 11.2.1 as I have read this is widespread....what is been done about this?

Is there anything I can do about this myself? I have the ipad in Aeroplane mode as well and it still happens. It also doesn't matter where I fly, it always happens.

I spent a fortune on my P4P and my ipad to have it rendered useless by software, this is completely unacceptable and I'll take the matter further if I need to.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to avoid the image transmission issues that affect the screen.

Thank you
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Matt218 Posted at 2018-1-8 00:49
Hello

I had an ipad mini 2 with IOS 11 and as soon as I performed the upgrade to IOS 11, its use with DJI Go 4 and my P4P was unusable.There was continuous image lag, distortion and "weak image transmission signal". I had no issues whatsoever with IOS 10.

The V4.1.22 has been released at a staged rollout, please try to update when you received it. If still not work, please kindly offer a short video for better assistance, thanks!
2018-1-8
Use props
Matt218
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-8 20:13
The V4.1.22 has been released at a staged rollout, please try to update when you received it. If still not work, please kindly offer a short video for better assistance, thanks!

Hi Susan

DJI, I have 4.1.22 app version and IOS 11.2.2 and a brand new Apple Ipad 2017

I tried a few things today such as turning the Ipad into airplane mode, uninstall and reinstall app and re-link the aircraft to the controller....all of which FAILED.

The issues continue, continuous "weak image transmission signal", jittery screen which lags well behind the progress of the drone and continuous "strong wireless interference" messages.

Interestingly I installed the DJI Go 4 app onto a friend's android phone and it flew beautifully, no image transmission issues, no jittery screen, it flew without a hitch. To me this means that the problem is completely related to IOS 11 and the DJI Go 4 app.

It is beyond belief that I cannot fly my phantom 4 pro on my brand new 2017 Ipad!

What next? This needs to be fixed urgently as I my drone is currently grounded as a result of this issue.
2018-1-9
Use props
Tom Saavedra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38415 ft
United States

Same thing exactly with my P4P & iPad mini 2 after the update.  Still no resolution except downgrading firmware.
2018-1-9
Use props
MRF1967
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236 ft
United States

Matt218, Punchbuggy helped me on this but I'm using Android. https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=3#pid1120710
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Matt218 Posted at 2018-1-9 01:49
Hi Susan

DJI, I have 4.1.22 app version and IOS 11.2.2 and a brand new Apple Ipad 2017

Matt, what's the current aircraft and controller version? You can check it in General Settings>About. Please post the screenshot if applicable, we'd like to look into the exact status.
2018-1-10
Use props
Matt218
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-10 23:31
Matt, what's the current aircraft and controller version? You can check it in General Settings>About. Please post the screenshot if applicable, we'd like to look into the exact status.

Hi Susan, please see attached
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules