654 8 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8b64c1e1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4751 ft
Australia

Hello,
       I recieved my drone on the 2nd January having bought it online in Australia Dec 28. On reciept I set to work setting it up. This sort of thing is pretty straight forward  being a cinematographer by profession and having worked in the business for 25 years. After opening the camera controls I found my first issue, the slider selection auto to manual was locked and wouldn't allow me to change anything. I also found that the camera wouldnt tilt with input from the controller. I couldn't record and when I atempted to format the included SD card it said there wasn't one present...also after a card substitution. After a good day of off and on online chat, the updating of firmware, software and generally messing around (as I knew most of these were a stretch) I successfully claimed a warranty return. Now, as I was keen to be up and flying early in the work year, I was also flying...without video of course...and on dusk a tree touch happened with a low impact low altitude crash.

I came clean with the crash offering to pay for the damage caused by the crash but still expecting the addessing of my software/hardware issue. I fealt safe in letting DJI know:

1. I like to think I am honest

2. I wanted to differentiate the crash from an issue that was present with the delivered drone.

The answer from the DJI centre was unexpected and infuriuating. The issue, I'm assuming with the camera is likely to be one of processor and logic in the system. The answer from DJI was:

"We are sad that a crash happened before you have sent it for the repairs of the gimbal. However, we do regret that with that unfortunate event, it should be repaired for the crash issue now and not the original one since it would be difficult for the repair technician now to confirm the issue is a manufacturing defect or the result of the crash. If the incident proves a pilot error causing the damage, then it falls under non-warranty and you have to pay the cost for the parts and the service."

If I was to take one of my broadcast cameras or associated gear into a tech I would have a sensible discussion that balanced both sides of the equation...this seams like a shirk.

All I want to know is that when I send back the drone, offering to pay for the damage (one prop arm is off and the body damaged (camera etc untouched)...that they will warrant the original issue considering the unrelated nature of both...somethig a face to face with a tech would solve as I'm not trying to educate a call centre person with a script and little knowledge of the technical side.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas how to cut through to someone who may understand my issue?
2018-1-6
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Have you checked your flight logs? If your crash is visible, then you have your proof: you contacted the support before having your crash
2018-1-6
Use props
fans8b64c1e1
lvl.1
Australia

Yes I have the flight log and thought in my mind the same thing. They seem to be have ignored or simply not understood this. The beginning of the chat predates the log by 2 days.
2018-1-6
Use props
Pelomixa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 166014 ft
United States

Do not buy the utterly useless and expesive DJI Care Refresh crap warranty. Instead, contact your local State Farm or Geico agent and insure your drone for 80 bucks. This insurance will cover you for anything from a crash to a loss like what happened to you and you wont even have to pay a deductible!
2018-1-6
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

The OP is in Australia, and crashed his Mavic... his fault, no warranty...
If his red epic had a sticky button,claimed warranty,  but took it out anyway, and dropped it, would the warranty cover the sticky button when the lens mount is snapped...doubt it..
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Check with Riseabove in Sydney. They are reputable from my experience. DO NOT send it to DJI repair, their customer service is really bad. This also a lession to learn. For most people we accept Multi national company like DJI can be trusted and they will go out of their way to help customers. Let it proves itself, only trust it when it delivers. For DJI products, only buy it from brick and mortar store because they will give you refund or replacement if you have an issue with the products. Check this forum frequently, you will see how they perform as a reputable company.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Sir, we sincerely apologize for the crash accident and this special situation. Since the drone has been crashed, like our support said, if would be difficult for our repair team to verify the previous issue is caused by malfunction or the crash. We hope you can understand this situation.
We recommend to contact our support to start a ticket and send in the drone for evaluation and data analysis firstly, our team will try their best to make it clear for you, thank you.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans8b64c1e1
lvl.1
Australia

Thats not the issue. The warranty pertains to logic/the computer end. Yes crashed and my fault which I am happy to pay. I don't want to pay for the logic/processor faulty on arrival. I guess I'll send it in with a long explanation, get it quoted and take it from there.

Quite clearly if the original fault isn't related to a physical crash or breakage issue...I shouldn't have to pay. I just hate having both lumped together just because they can....I call that shirking their responsibility.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans8b64c1e1 Posted at 2018-1-6 03:20
Thats not the issue. The warranty pertains to logic/the computer end. Yes crashed and my fault which I am happy to pay. I don't want to pay for the logic/processor faulty on arrival. I guess I'll send it in with a long explanation, get it quoted and take it from there.

Quite clearly if the original fault isn't related to a physical crash or breakage issue...I shouldn't have to pay. I just hate having both lumped together just because they can....I call that shirking their responsibility.

Sir, we understand your frustration and would like to help you. Just to verify, do you contact our Support to report the camera issue after you received the drone? If yes, please kindly offer your case number/email address/phone number when you contacted our support, we will investigate and check the exact status. Thank you in advance!
2018-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules