Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmooit
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

Is it just me or is the gimbal clamp on the Mavic really fiddly? I would have though they might have been able to make a clamp that guides the gimbal into it a bit simpler so its not so fiddly unless anyone know of a good after market one?

I'm used to the P3P and as its a bit bigger you can hold the camera whilst putting the clamp on but with the Mavic Ive yet to find a knack of putting it back on!

Cheers

P
2018-1-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Agreed. Amazon has some that may work for you.
2018-1-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-1-6 05:53
Agreed. Amazon has some that may work for you.

Yeah I might give some a go just seems a little weird its not easier to fit seeing at the components on the Mavic are a bit more delicate!
2018-1-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schmooit Posted at 2018-1-6 06:03
Yeah I might give some a go just seems a little weird its not easier to fit seeing at the components on the Mavic are a bit more delicate!

I find turning the Mavic upside down makes it easier to put the clamp on.
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm using this ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2018-1-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hold the Mavic with the camera facing upward - it's takes me about 2 seconds to put the clamp on now (though about a minute when I bought my first Mavic).
2018-1-6
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-6 08:04
I'm using this ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071S1V8ZL/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am also using this, although i am not happy that the camera is always a bit tilted upwards when the cover is attached.
But still better than the original 2 pieces solution.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans9553217f
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Spain

As has been said by others, lay Mavic on its back and gently lower the clamp so it lines up with the notch over the ridge on the camera.
Push gently down.
The camera can twist away slightly, but the idea is to prevent the camera assembly (gimbal) from jiggling about, nothing more.
It isn't a hard process for most people.
2018-1-6
Use props
AJAX1413
lvl.1
United States

Yes it is a little finicky when installing.  Sometimes the camera doesn't slide ride in the groove.  I think it works reasonably well once you get used to it though.
2018-1-6
Use props
Archie9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47943 ft
Germany

I have the gimbal protection from the Amazon link ... is highly recommended and easy to handle....
2018-1-6
Use props
Schmooit
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I do hold it upside down when trying to put the clamp on and I can do it, it just seems quite a fiddly solution when the rest of the device has been so well thought out.

I'm sure practice will help to find the knack I was just interested in other options, I think Ill try the amazon one as it can hurt!

Cheers for everyone's input
2018-1-7
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

With my AC turned off i turn mine upside down most of the time but will put it on or take it off with AC in one hand clamp in the other with AC pointing nose up.
2018-1-7
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Like the others above, I have that bubble that has the clamp built in.  I also took at colored magic marker and colored the two prongs that hold the gimbal.  Makes it easier to see as I lower the clamp onto the slots on the sides of the gimbal.  Also, I started a longish thread about attaching a long red ribbon to that bubble so I don't forget to remove it before powering up the quad.
2018-1-7
Use props
RocketChap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 902034 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah I find fitting it quite fiddly too - it would be better if i was automatic on power up/down - a bit like how hard disk drive heads park.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules