Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Editing Software
958 5 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi

I wanted to start a thread on the software everyone uses or recommends for editing drone footage from the easiest to use right up to the more pro end.

There are lots of packages out there some cheap and some expensive so just wanted to get an idea for myself and for others what everyone is using and any tips and tricks they have or an tutorials they can point to.

You tube is pretty good and I have found some good tips on there but there were from people who really know what they are doing! I try and get the footage I want whilst in flight to avoid post processing too much.

I am planning on using Final Cut Pro on a MAC VM (running High Sierra at the time of this post) Just need a better graphics card! I was also going to try Adobe Premiere as I hear this is another one and I could run this on my Win10 Pro pc, I am looking to use one of these and then stick with it once I know the basics!

Would like to gather others thoughts on this so please provide the following in replies to help us

Software package name (obviously)
PC/MAC model or Spec (this is important as this set up can govern what software can be used mainly the Graphics card(s).
How long have you been using it
How long is the learning curve
Any Pros and Cons (Price will be a factor here also)

Thanks in advance and any info is good info
2018-1-6
Use props
Schmooit
Captain
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Anyone care to join? Unless this has been covered somewhere else but I did do a search and couldn't find it
2018-1-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has been discussed
2018-1-7
Use props
FlyDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I myself find it very difficult to understand the various video editing programs. So until there is one that literally will show me how to use one of them, I continue using good old Windows Movie Maker, with the limitations it provides.
2018-1-7
Use props
CycleParadise
Captain
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

It's been talked about quite a bit in many posts. Seems to come down to whatever you start using and becoming familiar with.
2018-1-7
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

When I used to mount my Sony cam to the motorcycle I'd use Sony Elements which was packaged with the camera. I think it was a trimmed down version of Sony Vegas but now I think both are with another company. I recently downloaded DaVinci Resolve 14. It's the only other video processing application I've used and the setup and workflow is pretty similar to Elements. I wonder if that's the general case. It didn't take long for me to be able to do simple stuff.

I started using DaVinci Resolve free edition. It's way more than I need but the price is right.

From the site: "The free version of DaVinci Resolve has all of the professional editing, legendary color correction and Fairlight audio tools you need for SD, HD and Ultra HD work at up to 60 frames per second. DaVinci Resolve Studio [$299?] adds support for 4K and higher, along with frame rates up to 120 fps. It also includes dozens of additional image processing features and filters that are not in the free version. This includes film grain, temporal and spatial noise reduction, amazing new face enhancement tools, lens flares, lens distortion correction, optical quality blur and mist effects, match move, warping and much more!"

Available for Mac, Win and Linux.

Because of where I live, my network is an ATT hotspot and I have to pay for 40 GB/month. I don't think I'd ever be able to use a cloud-based product with that restriction.

Kev
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules