Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
BUY MAVIC PRO PLATINUM ???
1684 15 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cuemaker
lvl.1
United States

SHOULD I BUY PLATINUM OR WAIT FOR NEW MODEL??  I WILL BE A FIRST TIME DRONE BUYER AND HOBBYIST.. MAYBE A PLATINUM PRICE DROP IF NEW MODEL MAVERIC RELEASED???   OPINIONS PLEASE..
2018-1-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What new model? The Platinum is the new model - it only launched on 31 Aug '17 with most not receiving their order until October/November. You could be waiting many months for a new model and the 'Mavic 2' (if ever confirmed) will take months to ship once it's finally released. If cost is a concern you could get an original Mavic now at a discounted price and learn to fly that to prepare yourself for an upgrade later this year or in 2019.
2018-1-6
Use props
cuemaker
lvl.1
United States

Ok.. tks money is not real issue, so I guess platinum will be it. When warmer weather comes..
2018-1-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why wait for the summer? I took these today in -1c temps with my MPP. Some of the best footage is taken in the winter - when you know what you're doing.
2018-1-6
Use props
cuemaker
lvl.1
United States

Beautiful.   just older and like  it warmer
2018-1-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cuemaker Posted at 2018-1-6 08:39
Beautiful.   just older and like  it warmer

Thanks. Yeah, I must admit it was FREEZING LOL
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Depends on how soon you want to fly...who knows when a new model will be introduced.
2018-1-6
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

While you are waiting for summer do a lot of reading and learning with DJI drones, a lot of inexperience drone pilots have the tendency to loose their drones(mostly pilot errors).  These drones are a blast specially when flown with knowledge.  Have fun and good luck with your new hobby and adventure.
2018-1-6
Use props
fans9bc52d2b
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wait untill next week to see if DJI release the Mavic 2. If they dont then it wont be untill the summer so i would just buy one now, perhaps a refurbished one so you dont lose so much on depreciation when the new model comes out.
2018-1-6
Use props
Howdy2u2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Suggestion:
Since you are a first time drone pilot, maybe get a "mini" to fly inside to learn controls.(NOT talking about a Spark either) Will not be the same experience "so to speak" but the operation will be. Learning how to control with it pointing away from you AND pointing at you will go a long way if you ever run in to an issue. I'd rather crash several $20 drones than a 1k+ drone, just a suggestion is all though.
2018-1-6
Use props
AJAX1413
lvl.1
United States

Really depends on your goals with the drone.... just fly and have fun?  buy a refurbished mavic pro, save some money, and if you fall in love with it, upgrade to the latest and greatest .  If you have specific requirements then get what you need.  I'm not aware of what the next DJI products will be so I couldn't tell you if you should wait a week... a month etc...
2018-1-6
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agree with Howdy2u2 I bought a SYMA X5HW off Amazon to do some practicing on I bought a load of extra batteries and a charger so I could keep it in the air as they don't last very long, the video is pretty low res but fine for practicing with, the best thing was I didn't care if I crashed it! I think it was about £50 for the lot and its pretty easy to get to grips with and then when you move onto say a 2nd hand Phantom or Mavic they will be like going from Willys Jeep to a Range Rover much nicer and easier!

I think the Mavic Platinum is the most recent model out and they are still a bit thin on the ground so like A CW said if a new one does come out it wont actually be shipping until later on this year I suspect.

You could buy a 2nd hand Mavic and a second battery for it but the prices are pretty strong (in the UK anyway) even as the Platinum is out (its not enough of a difference to upgrade from Mavic to Mavic Platinum)

I'd wait a week and see what happens but even a new one is launched I doubt the prices will move drastically and all the ones on Ebay seem well priced if not over priced for second hand models.

Good luck and which ever drone you buy learn as much as you can and you will enjoy it a lot more and just don't fly like a [insert a rude word here] and fuel the haters even more!
2018-1-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Highly recommend the Mavic Pro Platinum if you want DJI's best portable and quietest drone. If you want DCI 4K @ 60p then consider some great deals on the Phantom 4 Advanced or the Pro if 360 degree obstacle avoidance is going to be important to you. If this is your very first drone having never flown anything before I suggest something a lot cheaper to learn on (not DJI) and do your research before parting with thousands of bucks. Don't hang around waiting for the next generation models - you will be very disappointed and frustrated.
2018-1-6
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's always something better about to be released so if you wait, you'll never jump in. Buy one today, don't worry about the next best thing.
2018-1-6
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get a second hand P3 what ever model and have a play you can always re-sell if you don't like it unless you crash it that is, they are stable with good video and still have most of the functions of the later models apart form avoidance sensors but no one should be relying on these anyway they are just a safe guard!
2018-1-7
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Few hours ago, I was flying with MP platinum where wind speed was alomst 50 kph. The MP platinum Shows challenging!  
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules