DJI Spark lost connection
1665 12 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_0GnoxRG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 67664 ft
United Kingdom

I am extremely upset after losing my spark. I have attached its flight log. As you can see I had only travelled 24 metres at an altitude of 29m and the spark lost connection and flew away after 40 seconds!. The sky was clear and the spark was fully charged with 94% as you can see. I constantly update the device and callibrate it as often as I can.  I had waited at the location for over an hour and the spark hasnt flown back home either which it normally does after losing connection. What would you suggest I do as this is definately a hardware issue

flight log

flight log
Screenshot_20180106-165606.jpg
2018-1-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

If you wish so, you may upload your flight record to this site http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and share the link with us. You will find the flightrecord in the DJI subfolder with that name on your mobile device. With that record we might be able to tell you a bit more about what has happened.
2018-1-6
Use props
marcopolo_101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-6 09:07
If you wish so, you may ipload your flight record to this site http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and share the link with us. You will find the flightrecord in the DJI subfolder with that name on your mobile device. With that record we might be able to tell you a bit more about what has happened.

Hi Wachtberger,

Thank you for your reply. I have done what you have suggest and here is the flight record - http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RI6VOBEHMT0LM1Z88QNZ/
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight data looks fine, though your Spark is probably in the water.  You need to get DJI on this ASAP!
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

marcopolo_101 Posted at 2018-1-6 09:11
Hi Wachtberger,

Thank you for your reply. I have done what you have suggest and here is the flight record - http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/RI6VOBEHMT0LM1Z88QNZ/

your log shows nothing strange, when you say it lost connection and flew away, did you see this happening , only it looks more like a power failure and drop out of the sky.
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-6 09:34
your log shows nothing strange, when you say it lost connection and flew away, did you see this happening , only it looks more like a power failure and drop out of the sky.

Yeah...kinda weird.   Only went 95 feet and "poof" gone.
2018-1-6
Use props
marcopolo_101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-6 09:33
Flight data looks fine, though your Spark is probably in the water.  You need to get DJI on this ASAP!

Thats what I think so too Out of your experience do you think they would replace this
2018-1-6
Use props
marcopolo_101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-6 09:34
your log shows nothing strange, when you say it lost connection and flew away, did you see this happening , only it looks more like a power failure and drop out of the sky.

No i unfortunately did not see this happening. I look down on the screen to start recording and when i looked back up it was gone. As Tviscomi has mentioned i feel like it might have fallen in the water due to power failure somehow
2018-1-6
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

marcopolo_101 Posted at 2018-1-6 09:38
Thats what I think so too  Out of your experience do you think they would replace this

It's not easy to say what they (DJI) will & will not cover.
2018-1-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

marcopolo_101 Posted at 2018-1-6 09:39
No i unfortunately did not see this happening. I look down on the screen to start recording and when i looked back up it was gone. As Tviscomi has mentioned i feel like it might have fallen in the water due to power failure somehow

you should first sync your flight to dji cloud in your app and start a case, try contact a mod here to try escalate your case, you will need a case number, you might have to wait until monday.

its hard to know if dji will give a warranty, I'm almost certain they will offer you 30% discount in the event of no warranty, two things going against you almost no flight information and no drone.
you can get last known coordinates if you could get a diver into the lake, longshot and might cost you anyway.
2018-1-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

marcopolo_101 Posted at 2018-1-6 09:11
Hi Wachtberger,

I agree with the others, your flightrecord does not show anything abnormal. I feel very sorry for your loss and strongly recommend to open a support case with DJI: https://www.dji.com/support
Hopefully they will be able to establish the cause and I cross my fingers for you that it falls under warranty. Please keep us briefed.
2018-1-6
Use props
marcopolo_101
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thank you for all the support and help! I will definitely keep you updated. I am very happy that we have a strong community here to help others during situations like this.
2018-1-6
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

The power shut off. It happened to me. DJI replaced new spark. There are 100s of complaints about spark that shut down in mid air.
Send the flight data and I m sure you will get a new one if the case spark battery failure. All the best
2018-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules