Inspire 2 missing intelligent flight modes
2827 9 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Upper Limit Fil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81683 ft
United States

I know many threads have discussed the missing intelligent flight modes, such as POI. In september I contacted DJI because my drone was missing, terrain follow, home lock, POI, and there was no flight similator. After they walked me through several steps and still no terrain follow, they told me that there would be an update within that week to fix it. Several months later and yet we still have no solution. I know others are missing POI, home lock, and flight similator, but I haven't seen anyone missing terrain follow. Is this just me? Is this a manufature defect as the DJI employee sugested in September. I would really like to see terrain follow along with the other missing intellegent flight modes we were promised with our purchase. In the video minute 4:40, they show the inspire 2 with terrain follow as a intelligent flight mode.
2018-1-6
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
United States

Whether there should be terain follow is probably academic for you. You can't return your done. You can only hope that it will come one day if it will come.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fil, sorry that the Terrain Follow is unavailable currently, but the POI will be added very soon. Please note the future firmware release, thank you.
2018-1-14
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

It's good to hear that Waypoint will be added very soon ... will it be delivered before the end of this year (2018) ?
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-1-15 07:45
It's good to hear that Waypoint will be added very soon ... will it be delivered before the end of this year (2018) ?

Please forgive my small mistake, I mean the Point of Interest will be added soon. We already have the Waypoint available in APP.
2018-1-16
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 00:35
Please forgive my small mistake, I mean the Point of Interest will be added soon. We already have the Waypoint available in APP.

DJI Mindy,

Please could you explain how Waypoints are entered and edited prior to flight?
As far as I am aware the offline edit capability has been removed from the DJI GO 4 App for Inspire 2.

Thanks,
Rob
2018-1-16
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-1-16 09:14
DJI Mindy,

The DJI implementation of Waypoints requires you to set up the points as you are flying them.
You can use a third party app like Litchi or Autopilot to do that on google maps before hand if you wanted.

DJI do make an up for the iPad called Ground Station Pro that can be used to set up waypoints before a flight.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-1-16 09:14
DJI Mindy,

Rob, as nottuppaware explained in 7#, the Waypoint in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 cannot be planned prior to the flight, if you would like this function, you may try to download GS Pro but it can only be installed in iPad at the moment.
2018-1-17
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 01:26
Rob, as nottuppaware explained in 7#, the Waypoint in DJI Go/DJI Go 4 cannot be planned prior to the flight, if you would like this function, you may try to download GS Pro but it can only be installed in iPad at the moment.

DJI Mindy,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I am aware that the Waypoints in the DJI Go 4 APP cannot be planned prior to the flight.  That is why the functionality is almost useless since it does not fulfil the prime user requirement of using Waypoints to plan a flight path or edit the flight path offline.

In an earlier version of the DJI Go 4 App, customers could use the simulator to fly an offline flight path and enter the Waypoints offline.  Then, later on, they could use the saved "simulated" flight path to fly an actual flight path.  However DJI have removed the simulator and offline capability from the DJI Go 4 app in current releases for the Inspire 2.  So DJI have made extraordinary efforts to transform something that was quite usable into something that is almost totally worthless.

So please do not believe that "Waypoints" capability has been delivered for Inspire 2 customers in the DJI Go 4 App, it has not, it sucks!

I accept that for those people fortunate enough to be using high-end Apple iPAD computers as a display monitor, then the GS Pro APP may deliver "Waypoint" functionality.  But as you know the GS Pro APP is not available for Android, and is not compatible with the DJI Go 4 App either because you have to quit Go 4 on the iPAD in order to run GS Pro, and that causes a whole load of additional problems.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RobAlbania Posted at 2018-1-17 10:05
DJI Mindy,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually for Inspire 2, there is no Simulator when it was released, it has nothing to do with the DJI Go 4 APP. For the offline map and GS Pro of Android version, our engineers are still working on it, appreciate your patience, please pay attention to the future release.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules