Osmo Mobile Y-axis Gimbal Locked
2162 3 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Awps R. Band
New
United States

I've been using a DJI Osmo Mobile with my iPhone X for about 3 weeks without malfunction, but now the Y-axis gimbal stays locked even when the trigger is not pressed.
In other words, when I want to turn the camera left or right without using the joystick, the Osmo Mobile follows correctly. However, when I want to turn the camera upwards or downwards without using the joystick, the Osmo Mobile keeps the orientation locked, failing to tilt up or down as desired, despite the trigger remaining unpressed.

I have tried auto-calibrating through the DJI Go app several times to no avail. I've also tried reinstalling the DJI Go app to no avail.

If the issue can not be resolved within a reasonable time frame, I will be seeking either a replacement device or a refund.
2018-1-6
Use props
Awps R. Band
New
United States

I should add that the gimbal still functions if manual joystick control is employed.
2018-1-7
Use props
Awps R. Band
New
United States

I worked through this with tech support, and thanks to their patience, we figured out that Pitch Lock was enabled in the DJI Go app. I don't remember turning it on. I must have done it accidentally. Anyway, hope this helps anyone else.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Awps R. Band Posted at 2018-1-8 16:12
I worked through this with tech support, and thanks to their patience, we figured out that Pitch Lock was enabled in the DJI Go app. I don't remember turning it on. I must have done it accidentally. Anyway, hope this helps anyone else.

I'm so sorry for the late response, but glad to know you figured it out, hope you have a great time with it.
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules