Osmo Mobile with Moondog Lens and iPhone SE
1271 3 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yum
lvl.1

United States

I am using the Moondog labs anammorphic lens which supports the Osmo Mobile. Moondog Labs says that a counter weight is not needed for with the iPhone SE, however I am finding that the Osmo Mobile is in the way. I can move it so that it is not in the frame but then the Osmo is unbalanced. My question is, is it OK to use it when it is not balanced? I did a quick test and it seems OK but I was wondering if there are any negative effects from using it like this.

thx.
2018-1-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You are stressing the motors when using the OM with an unbalanced phone.
In what way is the Osmo 'in the way'?
Can you share a picture?

I would contact Moondog also with 'how to solve this'...
2018-1-7
Use props
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, because the Moondog give a wider angle, when balanced the osmo itself is visible in the frame. However I have found that the Osmo does in fact need a weight with this lens on the SE even though Moondoglabs say it does not. Two 9gm coins stuck to the Osmo seem to have allowed me to move the phone so the Osmo hardware is not in the shot while keeping the gimbal balanced.
2018-2-2
Use props
Yum
lvl.1

Australia

Yum Posted at 2018-2-2 22:41
Hi, because the Moondog give a wider angle, when balanced the osmo itself is visible in the frame. However I have found that the Osmo does in fact need a weight with this lens on the SE even though Moondoglabs say it does not. Two 9gm coins stuck to the Osmo seem to have allowed me to move the phone so the Osmo hardware is not in the shot while keeping the gimbal balanced.

I have solved this by sticking a couple of heavy coins to the gimble as a counterweight.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules