Activation of DJI goggles on Windows 8.1 impossible
4962 18 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

I can't activate my brand new goggles. I did everything as suggested by DJI and it doesn't work. The DJI Assistant 2 doesn't see the goggles when I connect them to my PC. I tried with both versions of DJI Assistant 2 - the latest from the downloads section of the Phantom 4 Pro+ (DJI Assistant 2 v1.2.0) and the earlier version from the downloads section of the DJI Goggles (DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6).

I could find some errors which occurred during the installation of the drivers, during the installation of the DJI Assistant 2 on my Windows 8.1 (see the attached screenshots).

The errors occurred during the installation of the following drivers:
- dji_vcom_driver11.inf
- Vision_(Interface_3).inf
- android_winusb.inf

I use Windows 8.1.
I don't have any laptop with Windows 10.

More details about the problem can be found in this thread

How can I activate the DJI goggles on Windows 8.1?

2018-01-05 06_08_00-C__windows_system32_cmd.exe.png
2018-01-05 06_16_21-C__windows_system32_cmd.exe.png
2018-1-6
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-1-7 00:44
Does you computer have an older USB 2.x port that you can access?  If so try that port or use a USB 2.0 hub.

I connected the goggles to a port which is not marked as a USB 3.0 port in contrast to other ports, so I suppose that it's a USB 2.0 port. It didn't help.
2018-1-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The USB 3 ports also have a blue tag in the socket, USB2 is Grey.
2018-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2018-1-7 19:34
The USB 3 ports also have a blue tag in the socket, USB2 is Grey.

Some but not all do, I have a HP touchsmart with 2 USB3 and 1 USB2, yet all are black inside
2018-1-7
Use props
Seamouse
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem with Windows 8.1 tried everything including different USB cables, USB hub (as DB said) but nothing. Going to borrow another computer set up and try again.
2018-1-8
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

I received an answer from the DJI support today. This is what they replied:

In order for us to troubleshoot the issue that you are currently facing, please follow the steps below.

Try to use different USB port, USB cable.Uninstall and reinstall DJI assistant 2 for DJI goggles.

Please follow the instruction on video tutorial,

I already tried these steps. They didn't help.

2018-1-8
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

fans02ad9544 Posted at 2018-1-8 12:29
I received an answer from the DJI support today. This is what they replied:

In order for us to troubleshoot the issue that you are currently facing, please follow the steps below.

Looks like a device driver signing issue (DJI drivers not signed?). Have a look at option 2 on https://www.technipages.com/enable-disable-device-driver-signing

That's worth trying... It disables enforcement of driver signing until the next reboot so try reinstalling the software immediately after trying option 2.

However, having just read your other thread, I'm worried that you actually do have a virus on your machine that's tampering with the driver files in which case I'd not recommend disabling driver signing until you are sure any infection is removed... However there seems to be many threads on Antivirus flagging up DJI Assistant so maybe it is a case of a false positive and the AV needs to be disabled before downloading and installing it. It's a tough call...
2018-1-8
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

G Davidson Posted at 2018-1-8 12:41
Looks like a device driver signing issue (DJI drivers not signed?). Have a look at option 2 on https://www.technipages.com/enable-disable-device-driver-signing

That's worth trying... It disables enforcement of driver signing until the next reboot so try reinstalling the software immediately after trying option 2.

Thank you for the answer G Davidson.

The virus in the original DJI Assistant's installation files had been detected in case of another user (fans76aaf72e) by his Norton security suite. I also hope that it's a false positive.

I use another commercial antivirus and it didn't detect any virus in the DJI Assistant installation files on my computer.  

I don't know if Norton is right, i.e. if the DJI Assistant 2 contains a virus.
I expect that DJI will check it.

Thank you for the hint with disabling of the device driver signing. Due to the above-mentioned information about the virus detected by Norton in the DJI installation files, I prefer to wait until DJI investigates whether their software contains a virus before I disable the device driver signing.
2018-1-9
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

I still wait for the DJI Support to do something with it...
2018-1-12
Use props
Seamouse
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fans02ad9544 Posted at 2018-1-12 17:09
I still wait for the DJI Support to do something with it...

Same problem. Borrowed my mate's laptop running Windows 7....All sorted
Cheers,
Steve.
2018-1-15
Use props
djiuser_pUB6NIWotFd6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 106175 ft
United Kingdom

Seamouse Posted at 2018-1-15 10:09
Same problem. Borrowed my mate's laptop running Windows 7....All sorted
Cheers,
Steve.

I've got the same problem.  Can we all borrow your mate's laptop?

I tried turning off the device signing, did the re-install and the Goggles are still not being recognised.

Nightmare!
2018-3-7
Use props
Bujakoto
lvl.1
Poland

I have the same problem!
Windows 8.1 and Assistant 2 do not detect googles.

I installed updates from Win 8.1 to Win 10.

Unfortunately, it did not help.
Windows 10 detects Google DJI but Assistant 2 is NOT!

Anyone help?
2018-3-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bujakoto Posted at 2018-3-17 11:11
I have the same problem!

Try the earlier edition of DJI Assistant 2 that is listed Here

I have a windows 10 desktop at latest build that doesn't like the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 which you can get from Here

Strangely enough I have Microsoft Surface 3, all latest builds that latest version of DJI Assistant 2 works well with. There may be some hardware incompatibility in my older desktop.
2018-3-17
Use props
Bujakoto
lvl.1
Poland

I found a solution to the problem after 14 hours of searching !!!

Assistant 2 (in the latest version) must be installed in a different location!
Default installation path C: / ProgramFiles / etc ....... is wrong!

I chose a different installation location and succeeded! ;)
Assistant 2 immediately detected DJI Goggles.

I hope this post will help many other users.
It would be nice to find out about it
2018-3-17
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bujakoto Posted at 2018-3-17 11:11
I have the same problem!

I activated my goggles with the DJI GO 4 app connected to my home wifi. However, there is a DJI Assistant 2 installation tutorial at this link for a quick tutorial on installing the DJI Assistant 2 app.

Because the app loads device drivers, the secret is running the installation AS Admnistrator so that the PNP device drivers can load properly... See if this helps your installation...
2018-3-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the late reply on the post, does the issue resolve? For those who have the same problem, please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 on the Goggles website: https://www.dji.com/dji-goggles/info#downloads
If the Goggles can't be detected, please try another PC or the way on 16#. You can also try to activate the Goggles via the DJI GO/4 app. Hope it helps.
2018-3-19
Use props
fans02ad9544
lvl.1
Switzerland

None of the hints on this forum or from the DJI support helped in my case. I tried all proposed solutions and lost a lot of time for them. (I use Windows 8.1 on my laptop.)
I told the people from the DJI support many times during these 3 months that the DJI Assistant 2 application should be fixed for Windows 8.1. As far as I understood the people from the DJI support, they probably never even reported this problem to the software development department of DJI, so that this problem could be fixed by the software developers. - At least I know nothing about it. They always asked me to try new solutions which didn't help and only wasted a lot of my time.
Today I also tried again with the latest version of DJI Assistant 2 (version 1.2.3 from here) and it also didn't work.  

Finally, I found a solution on my own which worked for me:
I downloaded a VM with Windows 10 (MSEdge-Win10-VMWare) and started it on the VMware Workstation Player 14.
I enabled the DJI goggles and navigated through the menus to the activation using DJI Assistant 2.
I installed the version 1.2.0 of DJI Assistant 2 in the VM and connected the USB composite device using the VM's settings.
Then DJI Assistant 2 finally discovered my goggles and I activated and upgraded them.

Additional hint:
The same solution, when I tried it first using the Oracle VM VirtualBox, didn't work. It worked only on the VMware Workstation Player 14.
2018-3-30
Use props
Scenefromabove1
lvl.1
United States

So I tried to call for help and After being hung up on 3 times in a row!!!!! I'm over it if DJI can't get this right then it's time to return these goggles and get some Fat sharks  How many times do people have to complain before they get it right Oh I know why don't you just Hang up on me again!!!! LAME!!!!
2018-4-17
Use props
parkloop
lvl.2
United States

Anyone find a real solution to this? It's not connecting to my windows 10 pc. Sending this garbage back and leaving them negative reviews.
2018-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules