6295 15 2018-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Salty
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15233940 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Tried the time lapse function for the first time today, is there any way to get a faster than 5 second interval when shooting raw? Seems with the SSD installed there should be.
2018-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Captain, could you please help to verify which picture mode do you mean since there is no Time-lapse for Inspire 2?
We only have Single shot, Burst Shooting(3/5/7/10/14 frames), Auto Exposure Bracketing, 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7EV bias, Timed Lock in SD card and RAW Burst Shooting (3/5/7/10/14/20/∞ frames) in SSD.
If you mean Timed Lock, sorry that there is no faster interval than 5S. timed lock.png
2018-1-14
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-14 22:51
Hi Captain, could you please help to verify which picture mode do you mean since there is no Time-lapse for Inspire 2?
We only have Single shot, Burst Shooting(3/5/7/10/14 frames), Auto Exposure Bracketing, 3/5 bracketed frames at 0.7EV bias, Timed Lock in SD card and RAW Burst Shooting (3/5/7/10/14/20/∞ frames) in SSD.
If you mean Timed Lock, we have 60s interval.[view_image]

timelapse=timed shot
he wants to go faster then 5sec in raw mode.
i.e. one shot every second.
I asked for that over 5 months ago.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-107908-1-1.html
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Skyclip Posted at 2018-1-15 00:21
timelapse=timed shot
he wants to go faster then 5sec in raw mode.
i.e. one shot every second.

Sorry for my misunderstanding of the post. I sincerely apologize and thanks for your correction.
RAW mode is very large and it needs more time to save itself in the SD card, the minimum interval is 5s at the moment, I don't think the faster interval will be available currently. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-15
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 02:47
Sorry for my misunderstanding of the post. I sincerely apologize and thanks for your correction.
RAW mode is very large and it needs more time to save itself in the SD card, the minimum interval is 5s at the moment, I don't think the faster interval will be available currently. Appreciate your understanding.

Hi Mindy,

I would think that if many hand held camera do this that this camera is very capable of doing this to the SSD.  When you have the DNG license you can write many  raw frames per second, so there is no physical speed limit on this to SSD. DJI could do this with a firmware update. Please ask Engineering to please do this for us. Make your customers happy and we will keep on buying your products.
2018-5-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans72dc9910 Posted at 2018-5-3 12:30
Hi Mindy,

I would think that if many hand held camera do this that this camera is very capable of doing this to the SSD.  When you have the DNG license you can write many  raw frames per second, so there is no physical speed limit on this to SSD. DJI could do this with a firmware update. Please ask Engineering to please do this for us. Make your customers happy and we will keep on buying your products.

Thanks for your input, but the aircraft is still not like the handheld camera, we are keeping developing and optimizing our products, I will transfer your need to our engineers, hope it will be available one day.
2018-5-4
Use props
fans72dc9910
lvl.2
United States

Has anyone tried just taking a time lapse with their Inspire 2 in Follow or Free mode with the X5S and notice that the images are jumping a little (not expected). I do not know why this would be happening with my Inspire 2 just on a table just taking pictures.  You read that right my Inspire 2 in just sitting in place on a table (not flying) and the image capture is set to interval and I am using 2 seconds as my interval. I am noticing that the pictures jump around.  Does anybody know what might be causing this? When I fly the Inspire 2 it looks like it is flying steady but I end up with a time lapse that has to be corrected with Warp Stabilizer and it looks really bad.  I think if I could solve the pictures from jumping around when the Inspire 2 is just sitting on the table the end result would be much better. Can anybody help? Thank you in advance. I bought the X5S brand new from DJI in early April of 2018.
Is there some adjustment that can be made to have the gimbal smooth itself out and not jump around when the Inspire 2 in just sitting on a table. I have calibrated, IMU, Compass, VPS, and gimbal. I am running the latest firmware in aricraft, gimbal, batteries, remote, etc.

There has got to be some settings to quiet down the gimbal? I am not touching the sticks the remote is just sitting on my desk doing nothing while the camera is taking the pictures.

Thanks again, Jack.
2018-5-4
Use props
fans9f85da53
lvl.3
Flight distance : 502982 ft

fans72dc9910 Posted at 2018-5-3 12:30
Hi Mindy,

I would think that if many hand held camera do this that this camera is very capable of doing this to the SSD.  When you have the DNG license you can write many  raw frames per second, so there is no physical speed limit on this to SSD. DJI could do this with a firmware update. Please ask Engineering to please do this for us. Make your customers happy and we will keep on buying your products.

I have been trying to get DJI to address several firmware issues for the I2 and they keep telling me to just please be PATIENT!! For the amount that the I2 costs they really need to start fixing these problems with the firmware but now that they’ve gotten my money they pretty much ignore me. I am tired of getting the runaround again and again from them. I’m not sure what to do at this point because I have all my money tied up in it???
2018-5-16
Use props
fans9f85da53
lvl.3
Flight distance : 502982 ft

I do not understand why on one of DJI’s more expensive A/C’s (Inspire2) we don’t have features that the Mavic Pro, Spark, Air have like POI, Time lapse, etc?? Why DJI, why??
2018-5-16
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-4 01:10
Thanks for your input, but the aircraft is still not like the handheld camera, we are keeping developing and optimizing our products, I will transfer your need to our engineers, hope it will be available one day.

Thanks - Mindy, the answer is actually very simple.

The SSD can record data much faster than the Micro SD card - so why not save the RAW images to the SSD during timelapse (timed shot) mode?

This is effectively already happening when shooting RAW DNG Video, so there is no technical limitation, only firmware.

Please make this happen, it should be a very, very easy task for your engineers to achieve via firmware update.
2018-5-16
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
  • >>>

fans72dc9910 Posted at 2018-5-4 09:31
Has anyone tried just taking a time lapse with their Inspire 2 in Follow or Free mode with the X5S and notice that the images are jumping a little (not expected). I do not know why this would be happening with my Inspire 2 just on a table just taking pictures.  You read that right my Inspire 2 in just sitting in place on a table (not flying) and the image capture is set to interval and I am using 2 seconds as my interval. I am noticing that the pictures jump around.  Does anybody know what might be causing this? When I fly the Inspire 2 it looks like it is flying steady but I end up with a time lapse that has to be corrected with Warp Stabilizer and it looks really bad.  I think if I could solve the pictures from jumping around when the Inspire 2 is just sitting on the table the end result would be much better. Can anybody help? Thank you in advance. I bought the X5S brand new from DJI in early April of 2018.
Is there some adjustment that can be made to have the gimbal smooth itself out and not jump around when the Inspire 2 in just sitting on a table. I have calibrated, IMU, Compass, VPS, and gimbal. I am running the latest firmware in aricraft, gimbal, batteries, remote, etc.

Hi Jack,

Yes this unfortunately is common - the gimbal drifts around and is making constant corrections. I have had reasonable results with a P4P but not the Inspire 2!
2018-5-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Captain Salty Posted at 2018-5-16 16:25
Thanks - Mindy, the answer is actually very simple.

The SSD can record data much faster than the Micro SD card - so why not save the RAW images to the SSD during timelapse (timed shot) mode?

Thanks for getting back to us, your suggestion has already been transferred to our engineers for consideration in the future development, sorry for the inconvenience at this moment.
2018-5-17
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

The burst interval is limited by SD card writing speed and 5s is the shortest under the current condition.
2018-5-27
Use props
Captain Salty
lvl.3
  • >>>
New Zealand

charlesetischer Posted at 2018-5-27 18:16
The burst interval is limited by SD card writing speed and 5s is the shortest under the current condition.

You mean interval not burst right?

In this instance, the RAW images should be written to the SSD.

This is possible - as this is exactly what happens when you shoot in burst mode, over 20 images. All the RAW files are stored on the SSD.

So, we know this is achievable - we just need the DJI engineers to allow it.
2018-5-27
Use props
jiri.82
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66759 ft
Czechia

Captain Salty Posted at 2018-5-27 18:20
You mean interval not burst right?

In this instance, the RAW images should be written to the SSD.

Do I need a Cinema DNG license to activate RAW burst?I already have a Cine SSD with X7.
2019-8-2
Use props
NickJones
New

India

Very interesting forum thread.  I get more review information here
https://www.grammarlookup.com/ginger-software-review/

Thanks
2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now