Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
#Help - Android app crashing mid flight
1331 10 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ianza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 200374 ft
United Arab Emirates

In-between the flight, My android phone app crashed few times and restarted. RC connection shows fine, I had to call it back home few times with RC.
Any reason why this happening?
Phone is oneplus3 running latest update and latest firmware on mavic. I tried clearing the app cache and everything.  Also tried putting the phone in flight mode, same happened again. I have managed to restart the app soon most of the times to continue flying, But its scary to lose visual like that.

2018-1-7
Use props
fans28d2dabe
New
United States

My android drops after a minute.  I have a Galaxy S6; which is on the approved lists.  I can reload the DJi4 app and it will work for one flight.  Contacted support and they helped, test flight was successful; but now the RC will not stay connected to phone and even dropped the drone.  All this while less than 25 ft from the drone.  Drone hung up in the air until battery died.  What would have happened if it was a half mile away.  I am beginning to think I wasted $1,000 on a piece of crap.  Only had for 2 weeks and can't fly.
2018-1-7
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

See this topic first https://forum.dji.com/thread-126415-1-1.html
2018-1-7
Use props
Jannistmb
First Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I still have the same problem with my OnePlus 3T the app is crashing in every flight one time at least i didnt noticed more!
2018-1-7
Use props
fansfb1bf277
lvl.4
Flight distance : 104449 ft
Ukraine

Use dji go version 4.1.14 or .15
2018-1-7
Use props
djiuser_MP6tU5Q
lvl.1

United States

yep, that's why i got myself a used iPhone 7 Plus!  sadly.  friend sold me his for $250.

i needed something that was not going to just crash on me all the time.  sadly every android phone i had or tried crashed for me.. i even purchased off amazon a Moto G5, within 5 or so minutes..crashed...returned it to amazon and decided to bite the bullet and buy my friend's iPhone 7 Plus.  i have an iPad air 2 as well but it is so cumbersome to use with the mavic definitely not my prefered choice.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, guys. I would recommend users use recommended devices for better flight performance. Please ensure that you are using the latest version of app.
app mavic.JPG
2018-1-14
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

I have some problems with 4.1.18 and 4.1.22 on samsung A5(2017) 4.1.15 works great.
But on my old ASUS_MeMO_Pad_7_ME572C all version works great, it is a 7 inch tab fit on the RC controller, has android 5.01, 2 gig internal memory.
You can buy it for less then 100 dollar/euro.
works on version 4.1.22 and Litchi.
2018-1-15
Use props
fans987d278a
Second Officer
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-15 01:29
I have some problems with 4.1.18 and 4.1.22 on samsung A5(2017) 4.1.15 works great.
But on my old ASUS_MeMO_Pad_7_ME572C all version works great, it is a 7 inch tab fit on the RC controller, has android 5.01, 2 gig internal memory.
You can buy it for less then 100 dollar/euro.

I started off with a Samsung 5, lag issues, drop outs, just terrible! I saw this 7"
tablet recommended by a few pilots & bought it at Canada Computers- Acer Iconia 1, with the MedTek processor all in for 90 bucks. No lags, no dropouts, instant response, great picture.
Also ,on start up-  I fire up my Mavic, RC & Acer, in that order & in the air in 3 minutes.
Couldn't be happier!
Acer is dedicated to my Mavic, no other uses.
2018-1-17
Use props
Whosin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56109 ft
Canada

fans987d278a Posted at 2018-1-17 11:04
I started off with a Samsung 5, lag issues, drop outs, just terrible! I saw this 7"
tablet recommended by a few pilots & bought it at Canada Computers- Acer Iconia 1, with the MedTek processor all in for 90 bucks. No lags, no dropouts, instant response, great picture.
Also ,on start up-  I fire up my Mavic, RC & Acer, in that order & in the air in 3 minutes.

Is this the one?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/p ... &item_id=111126

Pretty good price.. need to go to get it now..

2018-1-17
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i had a frequent disconnect problem about 2 app versions ago (dec 2017). Touch wood : since the last update my disconnect problems do not seem to be occuring any more - so what changed?
1. from my side the only thing i do differant is to switch all nonessential functions off (airplane mode - wifi off - mobile data off - do not disturb mode and bluetooth off)
2. the app changed to a newer version.

i am of the opinion that turning all other stuff off has made the difference for me.  - i am also on android - my phone is also not on the recommended devise list, yet it worked well till about december then i had problems and now it works well again.
Turn everything off -see how it goes - let us know -
finding a solution to this problem will come easier when we understand the problems that cause it.
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules