Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When flying indoor it shows low gps signal
3798 4 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunilarya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1375 ft

India

I was flying indoor it showed low gps signal and then attitude mode start and my aircraft start moving itself without controll
How to fly indoor in weak gps signal safely
Recommend the best setting
Avoid attitude mode
2018-1-7
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You can't avoid atti mode indoors because the metal roof is blocking reception of GPS satellites.
Once in atti mode, the Phantom has no position holding ability and no brakes.
Flying indoors is not something for beginners to attempt.
2018-1-7
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

What Phantom is this ?

A Standard has no stability assistance of VPS indoors and will fly like the toy drones - badly !! Unless you are good at flying those - it is wise NOT to try with the Phantom.
A P3Pro for example has VPS and will use the floor to assist in stable flight - but its still a crapshoot ! Not for the inexperienced.
If you want to fly indoors - I suggest buying a $30 mini indoor drone and practicing .. that way you will learn to fly manually and may stand a better chance of not killing you / another or at least the Phantom !

For flying indoors - it would always be advised to MANUALLY select ATTI mode to prevent any possible GPS affected actions. GPS signal can be received indoors but is usually erratic and unreliable / weak. The last thing you want is to have any reception while near windows etc.

For those who disbelieve GPS inside capability ... I can sit my Phantom on my desk which is about 2m from a window ... power up and it will show 6 - 7 sats ... move the Phantom just a few inches and they reduce to only 1 or 2.... move more and its zero. On my seagoing GRP Yacht - my GPS Navigation antenna is INSIDE the cabin and it receives SATS through solid GRP construction... my yacht is 1970's and has no foam or balsa sandwich construction.

Nigel
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Without GPS (which you should not rely on indoors) VPS is your only friend to prevent ATTI mode. Read the manual on the best practices for flying with VPS (OPTI mode) only.
2018-1-7
Use props
johnsr
Captain
Flight distance : 1579022 ft
France

I fully agree with Nigel's comments. Manually set ATTI. If your Phantom has VPS, it can be weird depending upon the floor material (you may need to switch it off). This is one environment where prop guards are needed. Personally, I do most of my winter indoor flying with a Hubsan.
Take care & have fun!
2018-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules