Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 DNG's with unsupported lenses 7.5mm Laowa can't open
1446 7 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KYip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3645495 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file.

That is the message I keep getting from Photoshop, and a similar message in lightroom. I'm using the Inspire 1 PRO with the LAOWA 7.5mm.

When I use the Olympus 12mm or the stock 15mm lense, there is no issue (they are both on the list of supported lenses.

DNG converter has a similar problem.

I have used Adobe DNG converter but cannot convert that file.

Please advise.  Thanks.

2018-1-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

What happens if you "hot swap" the lens?  i.e. Leave the camera running with the 12mm on it, and then take it off and put the 7.5mm on it.  Some with the X5S have had problems with the 7.5 too but they clam the hot swap method addresses it.

Fwiw, this is not recommended procedure in the manual for Olympus camera I have, but many out there hot swap in the field and forget to turn the camera off while changing lenses and it still works.  I've done it on my Nikons at times too when I forget and rush and they still work as well, but probably not recommended by them either.

Olympus allows for odd ball, off brand, and fully manual lenses without a chip by allowing the owner to set up a lens in their menu for focal length, name, etc.  DJI should too, imho.

2018-1-7
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

This issue has been addressed on this forum a few times already. The fix is simple if you are using a Mac. Grab a program called Opcode Remover and run the files through that. The problem lies with DJ's handling of data when no info is received from the lens and should have been fixed by now in a firmware update. If you are on a PC, I'm sure there is an exif editor that will take care of it but I don't have the specific info on that, sorry.
2018-1-7
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

flighttime1 Posted at 2018-1-7 09:07
This issue has been addressed on this forum a few times already. The fix is simple if you are using a Mac. Grab a program called Opcode Remover and run the files through that. The problem lies with DJ's handling of data when no info is received from the lens and should have been fixed by now in a firmware update. If you are on a PC, I'm sure there is an exif editor that will take care of it but I don't have the specific info on that, sorry.

I don't believe there is one for Windows that will write the code correctly.  Dunno.
2018-1-7
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-7 09:12
I don't believe there is one for Windows that will write the code correctly.  Dunno.

To the best of my knowledge, as the names says, Opcode Remover doesn't write any new code. It simply removes what's there. I'm sure there are plenty of Windows exif apps that would allow you to do the  same thing if you bother to figure out what the errant code is. I haven't had a reason to look into it on my PC but I'm sure someone has. Try doing a search if you have the need.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It's good to see other experienced users provide resolution here although we are unable to give any advice to the third party device, hope their suggestions will help you to get the issue sorted out.
2018-1-8
Use props
byron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483520 ft
Australia

flighttime1 Posted at 2018-1-7 12:33
To the best of my knowledge, as the names says, Opcode Remover doesn't write any new code. It simply removes what's there. I'm sure there are plenty of Windows exif apps that would allow you to do the  same thing if you bother to figure out what the errant code is. I haven't had a reason to look into it on my PC but I'm sure someone has. Try doing a search if you have the need.

I'm searching far and wide for this Opcode Remover software and think it may be my best chance to fix the issue with my own Laowa 7.5mm, would you know where best we can find this to download?
2018-3-16
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
United States

Here ya go.

Opcode Remover
Let me state again... Any exif editor would work. You would just have to find the errant data that needs to be removed. Maybe someone with a PC could report back with that info.
2018-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules