Mavic gimbal problems!
2478 11 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscf023aca
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hello,

i've got a problem with my mavic, since a few months keeps my gimbal is starting like 45 degree off (see screenshot).
Normally when i restarted my mavic it would be fine. But now that won't help and i can't do a gimball calibartion (fails at 31%).

Has anyone ever seen or got this problem? I'm going to south-east asia soon and dont want to miss my mavic.

Thanks

Screenshot

Screenshot
2018-1-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you checked to make sure the gimbal bracket is secured.  Maybe check gimbal settings to see if they have changed.
2018-1-7
Use props
fanscf023aca
lvl.1
Netherlands

Woe Posted at 2018-1-7 08:39
Have you checked to make sure the gimbal bracket is secured.  Maybe check gimbal settings to see if they have changed.

Yes the bracket is fine, never crashed it. which gimbal settings should I pay attention to?
I've tried several gimbal calibration and they always fail at 31%.
2018-1-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanscf023aca Posted at 2018-1-7 23:37
Yes the bracket is fine, never crashed it. which gimbal settings should I pay attention to?
I've tried several gimbal calibration and they always fail at 31%.

Go into advance settings and see if anything change there.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, can you control the gimbal? What is the current firmware version of this drone, is it up to date? Could you please provide a short video of this gimbal issue for better assistance?
2018-1-8
Use props
fanscf023aca
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-8 19:46
Hi there, can you control the gimbal? What is the current firmware version of this drone, is it up to date? Could you please provide a short video of this gimbal issue for better assistance?

Thanks for your message DJI Diana, i've had contact with DJI support, tried a few things (refresh firmware etc).  But nothing helped, so i've send the mavic for repair to DJI.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fanscf023aca Posted at 2018-1-9 00:00
Thanks for your message DJI Diana, i've had contact with DJI support, tried a few things (refresh firmware etc).  But nothing helped, so i've send the mavic for repair to DJI.

Alright, we'll take care of it after it arrives, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2018-1-9
Use props
fans5baa6bf5
New
Flight distance : 85463 ft
United States

I had the same problem as thousands of other Mavic owners. I never crashed the drone and experienced the same thing. They are charging me $248 for repairs. Shouldn't this be a recall and covered? It was only 5 months old. This is so wrong.
2018-3-19
Use props
fans5baa6bf5
New
Flight distance : 85463 ft
United States

2018-3-19
Use props
fanscf023aca
lvl.1
Vietnam

Got mine repaired for free, within 2 weeks i had it back. Very fast from DJI in the Netherlands. Flying my Mavic Pro all over Southeast asia and works like a charm!
2018-3-19
Use props
fans46bf3521
lvl.1
Indonesia

fans5baa6bf5 Posted at 2018-3-19 23:16
I had the same problem as thousands of other Mavic owners. I never crashed the drone and experienced the same thing. They are charging me $248 for repairs. Shouldn't this be a recall and covered? It was only 5 months old. This is so wrong.

So this is a known problem? I encountered this issue today as well, after a normal uneventful flight all of a sudden the gimbal starts acting up.
2018-3-20
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20561 ft
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-8 19:46

Won't help.  Have the same issue after 24 hours and DJI is blaming me for 'damage' even though flight records show no crash.  Based on these boards and posts, this seems to be an ongoing issue but DJI will not stand behind it.  I received an invoice for $161 for repair for a drone that was barely 24 hours old.  You guys need to step up and act like the big company you want to be.
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules