Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
new mavic platinum - issues with video cutting out + glimbal slant
1393 12 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woodentom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143199 ft
United Kingdom

Following the theft of my mavic pro i decide to go for the platinum and  this morning tried it for the first time. the software was updated and  the batteries charged but i have had some issues that i need help with

the controller seems to take longer to connect to the drone than the  pro. then when it all seemed sorted, the screen on the DJI app was blank  on occassions where the image should be except for a small detail at  the top.  then of a couple of occassions it diconnected again with one  of the icons at the top of the screen going red and all the data i.e.  height and distance said "NA" i believe.

the biggest issue i had was that though this occurred after i turned it  on,on 2 occassions it happened whilst i was flying it so losing the feed  when the drone is in the air is very worrying. the last time it  happened the drone was 400m away so i had to bring it back via the  controller data.....very concerning.

any suggestions on this?

then when the image was working, the picture seemed at an angle and not  horizontal. i know i can move the gimbal down and up but not to reset  the horizon. it sort of corrected itself each time i flew but why is  this happening

finally my old pro would stay very still in hooving but this moves as i  see the image hooving when i am not touching any of the controls. it  seems to go left slightly. there was no wind today.

i didn't seem to want to fly in a straight line but that maybe over sensitive joysticks

any help is appreciated.                                                

screenshot1

screenshot1

screenshot2

screenshot2
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What device are you using? I've had no such issues with my MPP using an iPhone 7+. Looking at all of these issues I hate to say but you may simply have a defective unit. Before sending it back try refreshing the FW using DJI Assistant 2. Uninstall and reinstall the app - if using an iPhone ensure it is on the latest IOS 11.2.1 before reinstalling GO 4. Then calibrate the IMU, gimbal and RC sticks. Also change the prop blades. If after doing all of that you still have these issues then ship it back asap for replacement.
2018-1-7
Use props
Woodentom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i am using an iphone 7. same one i have was using on my old mavic pro. i will try everything you have said and see what happens
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woodentom Posted at 2018-1-7 08:32
i am using an iphone 7. same one i have was using on my old mavic pro. i will try everything you have said and see what happens

Cool. The IOS upgrade is very important - if on IOS 11.1 you will get these issues for sure. My app crashed over 20 times in three flights until I upgraded to IOS 11.2.
2018-1-7
Use props
jeffb2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 99777 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a known bug with ios 11.1 and DJI Go4.  Upgrade to ios 11.2 and you will be fine
2018-1-7
Use props
Woodentom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i have just downloaded DJI assistant 2 and followed instructions to connect the mavic. it doesn't

i assume once the mavic is turned on then it will automatically appear in the assistant?

it does not appear. have tried a different cable.

i have left the switch on RC not wifi.

i assume the port may be broken?

think i should send it back?
2018-1-7
Use props
Woodentom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

i am also on IOS 11.2.1
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woodentom Posted at 2018-1-7 08:54
i have just downloaded DJI assistant 2 and followed instructions to connect the mavic. it doesn't

i assume once the mavic is turned on then it will automatically appear in the assistant?

Follow this precisely to connect.
>Ensure the intelligent flight battery and RC battery are >50% charged
>Turn on the RC with no device attached
>Connect the RC to the computer using a Micro USB (charging port on RC) to USB (computer)
>Turn on the Mavic (remove props before doing so)
>Wait for the Mavic and RC to connect over OcuSync (this will show on the RC LCD screen)
>THEN (and only then) Launch DJI Assistant 2 ensuring that you have a strong connection between your computer and WiFi and that Assistant 2 is set up to your DJI email account and on the latest version
>The screen will then show a USB being put into a device and launch the app - enter FW section and tap refresh. This will download the latest FW, transit and update to both the RC and AC. It will take about 20+ minutes.
Once refreshed eject the Mavic and turn it all off after disconnecting from the computer then connect your iPhone and start the calibrations.
If this doesn't work then yeah, ship it back.

2018-1-7
Use props
Woodentom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 09:34
Follow this precisely to connect.
>Ensure the intelligent flight battery and RC battery are >50% charged
>Turn on the RC with no device attached

thanks and i did:-

1. restart pc just in case
2. both RC and drone battery over 50%
3. turned RC on then attached cable to left micro USB and other to PC
4. turned drone on and waited for Atti mode "ready to go" came up. i assume that means they are connected
5. launched DJI assistant V1.2 and there is a screen with a circle and a USB in the middle. it states "connect to inspire" below. i am logged in and there is a language drop down, and email and phone icon and that is it

i assume this means it has not worked and therefore i need to contact DJI
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to say but yep - PM DJI Thor on here and see if he knows anything more or raise a ticket with DJI Support
2018-1-7
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 11:02
Sorry to say but yep - PM DJI Thor on here and see if he knows anything more or raise a ticket with DJI Support

My first Mavic Platinum did EXACTLY this. It flew sideways. Literally. My replacement the camera stopped worked working after 2 flights. My 3rd one does the EXACT same thing my first did and yours does.

It will be another 3 weeks for another replacement I'm sure. That will be a total of 9 weeks I've been without it .. and I've had it pre-ordered.

Still waiting for DJI to make it right with me.. I won't hold my breath though.
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My MPP works perfectly from day 1 I'm pleased to say although I did return two previous MP's due to being defective. Quality control is something DJI really need to work on. Fingers crossed your 4th will be OK... Once you have a Mavic of any description that works perfectly - never sell it.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Tom, I just read your new post and sorry for the late response. I've replied the new one, please keep us posted there(https://forum.dji.com/thread-129125-1-1.html) and we will keep follow up. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules