New props = uncontrollable flying
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adam_smith117
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7470 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, i purchased two pairs of composite properllers (black with yellow tips) and installed them on my phantom 3 se. As soon as the drone took off, it began to almost surge and constantly soudning like it was going up and down and left and right rapidly. It was basically uncontrollable but i managed to land it the two times i tested it. The blades look identical to the factory default ones that came with the drone expect the colour.
Have i purhcased unbalanced props? or am i missing something else? it seemed strange how as soon as i began flying the motors started making this noise, really strange :/

Many thanks!

Adam
2018-1-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sorry if this sounds rude ... but why did you buy non-standard props ?

The DJI setup and Flight Controller are designed as a coordinated system with DJI props included ...

But anyway .. if all the props are same diameter / pitch ... 2 are CW and 2 are CCW ... then it should fly reasonably. Unless you bought strange size prop set that Flight Controller is at limits to use for stable flight ?

What diameter / pitch are these props ? Are they CW / CCW as required ?

Do you have original DJI props still ? What happens when you put those back on ?

Nigel
2018-1-7
Use props
adam_smith117
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7470 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-7 07:54
Sorry if this sounds rude ... but why did you buy non-standard props ?

The DJI setup and Flight Controller are designed as a coordinated system with DJI props included ...

Hi, thanks for the reply - i only wanted the different props admittedly for the color purposes.
I have since weighed them and they are 3 g heavier and a quarter of an inch longer so i think i have my answer haha
2018-1-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Props can be trimmed ...

Being a speed freak - I have 'cut' quite a few props ...

It takes care but does not need any special tools ... but if anyone really wants to know how ... they can ask me privately - because its not really a subject for here.

For these P3's ... I'm a believer in original props ...

If you want coloured props .... lacquer can be applied if you really want some colour ... its thin, lighter than normal paint. Just check balance after application.

You can in fact use clothing / cooking colouring ... true ! We used to alter colour of props years ago for WW1 models etc.

Nigel
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

adam_smith117 Posted at 2018-1-7 08:33
Hi, thanks for the reply - i only wanted the different props admittedly for the color purposes.
I have since weighed them and they are 3 g heavier and a quarter of an inch longer so i think i have my answer haha

Adam, I would recommend you buy the props from our official website or recommended retail stores. The third party props can affect the flight performance.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules