*Introducing Osmo Mobile 2*Share your story
1234Next >
54034 127 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Albut
New

United Kingdom

But does it work with iPhone X or does it still give the wobbly video. That’s the main factor for me and others with hi tech video phones that have optical stabilisation.
2018-1-17
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Impressive battery life and weight! Thank you for lowering the cost!
2018-1-17
Use props
davidfrank
New

India

K-Lite Codec Pack is a package of audio and video codecs for Microsoft Windows. K Lite Codec Pack full enables an operating system and its software to play various audio and video formats. k lite codec download also includes several other tools, which includes Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC), Media Info Lite, and Codec Tweak Tool.
2018-1-17
Use props
FNG Services
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3606 ft
United States

I’m seeing a pre-order dates on a couple of sights. One stated 01/23/18 the other had 01/25/18. This would be exclusively from Apple, but has anyone heard a ship date?
2018-1-18
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

FNG Services Posted at 2018-1-18 14:38
I’m seeing a pre-order dates on a couple of sights. One stated 01/23/18 the other had 01/25/18. This would be exclusively from Apple, but has anyone heard a ship date?

I heard the 23rd previously, but it is a one day pre order, and exclusively from Apple, if you miss it, you will have to wait.
2018-1-19
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Well I have gone ahead and ordered the M1 Gimbal today, about an hour and a half ago, we shall see if it was the correct choice.

$169 vs. $129, no portrait mode, no hyper-lapse, heavier, less battery life, and no phone charging, BUT I have an actual trigger, I can use all of my existing accessories, including the Z Axis and Cable, I have changeable batteries, it’s more durable, and I don’t have to carry a whole extra Osmo, just an extra gimbal.

And it will also be obsolete sooner...  We’ll see if I made the right move.

DJI, the thing that really killed the Osmo Mobile 2 for me more than anything else was the lack of the rosette mount, I could have lived with the rest, but that was just too much.  The lack of changeable batteries was almost as bad as that as well though.  If you should release an Osmo Mobile 3, I highly suggest you correct these issues with that.  Of course a trigger and removeable gimbal would also be very nice.

I’m assuming this is a preview of sorts for the Osmo 2, which I now expect to be released imminently.  Please consider these flaws for that too, before it launches.

I am going out on a limb and guessing a new attachment system is slated to replace the rosette mount, but I see nowhere it could attach unless it clamped on, other than threading into the bottom, but having stuff hang off the bottom just seems really awkward and unwieldy.
2018-1-19
Use props
Hari
lvl.1
United States

I have the DJI OSOMO Mobile 2 and it consistently fails the firmware update. I have sent logs to support. No response yet. Please help
2018-1-22
Use props
fans9209ca2d
lvl.1

Italy

I can’t understand where to preorder the Osmo 2. No trace on Apple.com
2018-1-23
Use props
EthanTheFro
lvl.1
United States

Same story here, fans9209c2ad. I keep refreshing and such. I even contacted DJI support yesterday and they confirmed we’d be able to order from Apple today.
2018-1-23
Use props
djiuser_XomUu8J
New

United Kingdom

Nothing yet. Do we have any update on this?
2018-1-23
Use props
fans9209ca2d
lvl.1

Italy

It’s there. 4-6 weeks delivery. I give up
2018-1-23
Use props
Anita_Holder
lvl.2

Germany

Mean differences?
2018-1-23
Use props
Elektrica
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Available at apple.com

2018-1-24
Use props
fansf9b1077f
lvl.1
Belgium

Bjr, J'ai un Samsung note 8, Es-ce que DJI OSMO MOBILE 2 est compatible avec mon smartphone Samsung note 8, merci d'avance
2018-1-24
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

How can i order the OSMO 2 Mobile?  all there is one the DJI Store is OSMO Mobile (original version only)
2018-1-25
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just purchased one of these from Apple.  My only resolution is A) Will I use? And B) Can I plug in an external mic?
2018-1-25
Use props
KD Mack
lvl.1

Canada

I'm finding so much conflictual information lately about whether ANY gimbal works with the new iPhone 8 Plus. I hear a few of them work with the 7 Plus and earlier but the 8 Plus is the heaviest iPhone yet (weighing in at 202 grams/ 7.13 ounces). I've tested the Zhiyun-Tech Smooth-Q and found it OK but given the weight of the 8 Plus it sacrificed movement on the base joint (kept knocking when doing clockwise movements) because you have to extend the mount arm to accommodate the bigger size/weight of the phone.

Will the OSMO II take into consideration the weight/size of the iPhone 8 Plus AND will it have similar issues of knocking joints?
2018-1-29
Use props
Jimmy Kenney
New
Flight distance : 24436 ft
United States

Does the Osmo mobile 2 fit in the DJI Osmo mobile 1 stand/base?
2018-1-29
Use props
dreamnic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10538 ft
Malaysia

When will this osmo 2 available?
2018-1-29
Use props
Cjaviert
New

Dominican Republic

Can Some Tell me how do I'm supposed to use the Osmo mobile 2 in landscape mode and charge my iPhone at the same time? I don't see any clue.
2018-1-30
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112169 ft
Netherlands

Jimmy Kenney Posted at 2018-1-29 19:08
Does the Osmo mobile 2 fit in the DJI Osmo mobile 1 stand/base?

From what I've seen somewhere else (a week or so ago, forgot the source) the new Osmo Mobile is not compatible with the original stand. Then again, it doesn't really need to be since you can mount it on a tripod from the bottom. So if you still have the stand, and the original Osmo Mobile, you might as well sell them as a set if you plan to upgrade.
2018-1-31
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

dreamnic Posted at 2018-1-29 23:30

As far as I could find there is not a very specific date other than "late February" yet. I ordered mine from Apple (you could do that for 1 or 2 days until they got "unavailable") and according to Apple it will be delivered in the range of 22 February - 8 March. Other sources say that's also when it'll be available from other retailers. So the "Apple exclusive" seems to be for pre-orders only.
2018-1-31
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

Cjaviert Posted at 2018-1-30 18:27
[view_image]
Can Some Tell me how do I'm supposed to use the Osmo mobile 2 in landscape mode and charge my iPhone at the same time? I don't see any clue.

For as far as I know you can't. So it's only possible when either not using the Osmo, or in Portrait mode (which I wouldn't use for filming). I'd rather use a power bank if my phone needs more juice than drain the Osmo's battery for it.
2018-1-31
Use props
dirkjan82
lvl.3
Netherlands

ShadyDealer Posted at 2018-1-25 14:01
Just purchased one of these from Apple.  My only resolution is A) Will I use? And B) Can I plug in an external mic?

Depending on where it goes on your phone. If it's an iPhone 7 or newer you can only do so in portrait mode. In landscape the Lightning port will be blocked. So if you have an external mic it should either have bluetooth (I've heard the Airpods are great for that if you only need to record your own voice), or use a separate recorder and sync the audio later.
2018-1-31
Use props
djiuser_I2AeRZmiYcJe
lvl.1

Germany

Any experience with a moment lens and the Mobile 2?
2018-2-6
Use props
FeGo
New

Japan

Please iphone 8 4K@60fps!
Without 60fps, it is just another garbage.
2018-2-8
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4

Canada

Does the Filmic app support ActiveTrack and smoothtrack? etc etc..
2018-2-9
Use props
fansa0b51ff1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2188 ft
United States

I ordered my Mobile 2 last week and got it Monday.  So far I'm not overly impressed.  It seems stable with my Iphone X and I don't see the jitter but I haven't done a lot of work with it yet.  The lack of a trigger is just annoying and the buttons on the back are a little awkward.  The tutorial you go through the first time has a nasty issue too.  It says, hold down M to lock ( like the trigger does on the Mobile v1 ), but that powers OFF the thing.  Single hitting the M button is supposed to change the follow mode and I can't get that to work either.  It's gotten into that mode a couple of times but I can't repeat it.  The Zoom slider doesn't work either.  I'm probably going to return it unfortunately as I really wanted to like it.
2018-2-13
Use props
AndrewCCM
New
Flight distance : 4738 ft
United States

My big issue right now with the OSMO2 (got it last Friday).  The SDK has not been released to developers....THUS, Filmic Pro does not interface with new OSMO2 correctly (as it does with OSMO1).  Even the start/stop recording button doesn't work.

Secondly, the first time I charged the battery it would not charge above 56%.  I then went out and used it for about an hour and then recharged again for several hours... It charged VERY VERY SLOW... Finally, after 6hrs, I went to bed and checked again in the morning..  After a total of 11hrs, it finally reached 100%.  I was using the same chargers as I do for my iPAD and iPhones... 5V, 2A...  Even tried different cables.   Took it out yesterday for about 15min and it dropped from 100% down to 91%.  Not certain if my battery is going to be a problem or not yet, but I plan to give it a thorough workout this weekend and retest charging times.  DJI Support told me it shouldn't take more than 2hrs to fully charge.  Perhaps the first 2 attempts were an anomaly..  I certainly hope so.

Andrew
Crystal Clear Media
2018-2-15
Use props
AndrewCCM
New
United States

fansa0b51ff1 Posted at 2018-2-13 18:10
I ordered my Mobile 2 last week and got it Monday.  So far I'm not overly impressed.  It seems stable with my Iphone X and I don't see the jitter but I haven't done a lot of work with it yet.  The lack of a trigger is just annoying and the buttons on the back are a little awkward.  The tutorial you go through the first time has a nasty issue too.  It says, hold down M to lock ( like the trigger does on the Mobile v1 ), but that powers OFF the thing.  Single hitting the M button is supposed to change the follow mode and I can't get that to work either.  It's gotten into that mode a couple of times but I can't repeat it.  The Zoom slider doesn't work either.  I'm probably going to return it unfortunately as I really wanted to like it.

I noticed that the tutorial/docs were wrong as well for the Mode/M button.  Ended up finding out the correct methods of using it by watching YouTube...
2018-2-15
Use props
fansd9e3707d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 750095 ft
Canada

fansf4ef428c Posted at 2018-1-7 10:58
Does this fix the iPhone X OIS issues the original Osmo was having?

NO,  there is still jittering!
2018-2-15
Use props
zipkicker
New
Flight distance : 12490 ft
Australia

dreamnic Posted at 2018-1-29 23:30

Got mine - it's awesome.
2018-2-15
Use props
AndrewCCM
New
United States

fansd9e3707d Posted at 2018-2-15 13:48
NO,  there is still jittering!

Not going to be possible to fix when its a secondary motion created by a mechanical mechanism inside of the phone.  Your gimbal steadies the phone, not the camera.  The phone then has it's own mechanical stabilizer doing the same for its camera inside the phone.  They fight each other.  The only true way to fix is for the phone manufacturer to have a REAL TRUE BYPASS.  Unfortunately, the mechanisms are not designed in a way that can be done.  The only way to do so in any effective manner right now is to place a magnet behind the camera (in my case with iPhone 7+, placing on the front glass) to lock the optical stabilizer.  It's not something a gimbal manufacturer is going to be able to fix.
2018-2-15
Use props
Justin78
New

Australia

Does this OSMO Mobile 2 allow use of the Osmo Bike Mount?

Does it have the screw fitting thing on the handle like the OSMO Mobile 1?
2018-2-21
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Very Nice !
2018-2-22
Use props
AlexVideoShark 5
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I share again my video that was shot and edited using only iPhone 7 Plus on osmo mobile like stabiliser ...
I hope you can enjoy it

2018-3-3
Use props
TheReem
lvl.2
Germany

Whats about the Iphone 6 Plus ?
It has OIS only for Fotos so is it jitter free?
2018-3-6
Use props
djiuser_pyqS8SUIvvis
New

Chile

"However, Osmo Tripod is compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 and can be mounted to it via a new thread at the bottom of the gimbal." Which is this new thread? Can you mount it over a common tripod? . The website says you need the extension rod. Thanks!
2018-3-8
Use props
Pasod
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6286 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_pyqS8SUIvvis Posted at 2018-3-8 12:33
"However, Osmo Tripod is compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 and can be mounted to it via a new thread at the bottom of the gimbal." Which is this new thread? Can you mount it over a common tripod? . The website says you need the extension rod. Thanks!

It has a normal 1/4"-20 thread so you should be able to use any tripod that has that thread.
2018-4-17
Use props
VigilanteDrones
First Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-1-7 10:47
ahhhh nuts. I very recently bought a refurbished Osmo Mobile...lol. Should have waited.

I did the same as well!
2018-5-1
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules