Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
*Introducing Osmo Mobile 2*Share your story
1234Next >
53953 127 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

1192x812 en.jpg

The Osmo Mobile 2 is a handheld smartphone gimbal made for the storyteller in all of us. Whatever your passion, wherever your destination, and whenever you feel inspired, capture moments with cinematic movement and incredible ease. Using a lightweight design, intelligent functions, and a long-lasting battery, the Osmo Mobile 2 lets you share your story.

Stable and Smooth Moves

The Osmo Mobile 2 was built to film on the go. Just select your subject and ActiveTrack will follow, using built-in sensors and a brushless motor to ensure stability. Whether it’s small vibrations from a skateboard or more intense instability from jumping, this smartphone stabilizer stays steady.

Time in Motion

Turn everyday situations into incredible moments with Timelapse. Shoot blooming flowers and rolling clouds, recording all their movements in a stable shot. For an even more dynamic effect, Motionlapse lets you move with the camera while creating equally smooth video.

Cinematic Zoom Control

For aspiring filmmakers, a new built-in zoom slider lets you completely operate your smartphone camera from the handle with more fluid, cinematic zoom. You can even produce dolly zoom — a visual effect that only professional film sets could produce.

Reveal a Bigger World with Panoramas

Adventures allow us to stumble upon breathtaking landscapes and stunning architecture. Relive these moments with high-definition panoramas. The Osmo Mobile 2 moves automatically to capture multiple photos then stitches them together to create a seamless image. You can also set your smartphone to Landscape or Portrait mode, giving you ideal options for every picture.

Hours of Live Streaming

Go live! With up to 15 hours of battery life, the Osmo Mobile 2 can also charge your smartphone for hours of streaming. Beautify mode also keeps you looking great in front of the camera.

OSMO MOBILE 2 SPECS
osmomspec.png

OSMO MOBILE 2 FAQ

General
1.        Is Osmo Mobile 2 able to hold any phone?
The Osmo Mobile 2 supports smartphones measuring from 58.6mm-84.8mm width and up to 8.4mm thick. This covers most phones currently available, from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 6s Plus and Android phones of similar sizes. Please note that actual compatibility might be affected by accessories attached to your phone. Certain form factors including side button layout should also be considered.
2.       How to power on Osmo Mobile 2 in my first use?
Step 1. Ensure battery level is high enough before power on the Osmo Mobile 2. If the battery level is low, connect the charging cable to the Micro USB charging port on the right of the handle to charge the Osmo Mobile 2.
Step 2. Mount your phone to the Osmo Mobile 2 and adjust balance.
Step 3. Press and hold the power button for three seconds to power on the Osmo Mobile 2. Launch DJI GO app and choose Osmo Mobile 2, follow the instructions in the app to complete Bluetooth connection, registration and activation.
3.       What is the hardware requirement of my phone when using the Osmo Mobile 2?
Osmo Mobile 2 utilizes Bluetooth 4.0 to communicate with phones. Though Bluetooth 4.0 has become a standard for current phones, we suggest you to check compatibility by revisiting the specs sheet.
4.       How do I change the direction of mobile phone holder?
Loosen the Holder Lock Knob, follow the indicated directions and rotate the mobile phone holder for 90 degrees to mount your phone horizontally or vertically, then tighten the Holder Lock Knob. Please remove your phone before rotating the mobile phone holder.
5.       How do I switch between ActiveTrack Mode and Lock Mode.
When the Osmo Mobile 2 Powered, press the Trigger once and you can switch between SmoothTrack and   Mode.  In SmoothTrack Mode, the Osmo Mobile 2 will smoothly follow your arm’s movements to the left and right, up and down while reducing unwanted mobile shakes.
6.        How to recenter the Osmo Mobile 2?
Make sure the gimbal is powered and works normally, quickly press the Trigger twice to recenter the gimbal.
7.       How can I switch between the front and rear cameras?
With the Osmo Mobile 2 powered and Bluetooth connected, quickly press the Trigger three times to switch between the front and rear cameras.
8.      How do I zoom Osmo Mobile 2?
A Zoom Slider is newly added on the left side of Osmo Mobile 2, adjust it to zoom in or out.
9.      Can I use auto calibration in Portrait Mode?
No.

DJI GO
1.        Can I use ActiveTrack, Timelapse, Pano in Portrait Mode?
Yes.
2.        How can I activate ActiveTrack?
Tap the Metering icon on the bottom left in the app to switch to ActiveTrack Mode. Mark an object on your screen to track it as it moves.
3.        Does the different resolution of front and rear cameras affect ActiveTrack performance?
No. ActiveTrack is not affected by camera resolution.
4.        What are the differences between Timelapse, Motionlapse and Hyperlapse ?
Timelapse is suitable for recording the passing of time at a fixed scene by mounting the Osmo Mobile 2 on a tripod or base.
Motionlapse allows users to record e a moving timelapse video by setting up to 5 camera points.
Hyperlapse allows users to record everything passing by as they hold the gimbal in hand and walk.
5.        Can I set camera parameters in DJI GO?
Yes. You can set parameters manually in the Camera Settings menu. This function is only supported on iOS devices.
6.        Can I set the speed of the joystick?
Yes, you can choose and set slow, medium, and fast speeds in the app.
7.        Can I set video resolution in DJI GO app when recording video?
When recording video, video resolution is set at 720p in DJI GO by default. You can change video resolution in the app, however, the maximum video resolution depends on the camera of your phone.
8.        Are the camera settings in the DJI GO app affecting the resolution of my phone’s video itself?
No.
9.        Is there anything inside the app that tells me how much storage space I have remaining for video on my phone?
If you are an iOS user, the app will tell you how much storage space there is for video. Unfortunately, this does not apply to Android users.
10.        Can I use Beautify and ActiveTrack during live broadcasting?
Yes.
11.        Can I broadcast live videos through a third-party video platform? How?
Yes. Go to Settings, Choose Live Broadcast Platform, choose the Custom option and type in the platform’s link to broadcast live videos.
12.        What is the difference between Walk and Sport Mode?
The two modes are specially optimized to reduce different shakes generated during walking and running. The main difference between these modes is the gimbal’s speed following your movements. In Sport Mode, the gimbal follows your movements closely and is suitable for shooting fast moving objects. In Walk Mode, the gimbal moves slower when you walk.
13.        Can I manually adjust metering, focus and zoom when shooting Motionlapse video?
To ensure optimum image quality, manual adjustment of these functions has been disabled when shooting Motionlapse video.
14.        How many points can I set when shooting Motionlapse video?
A maximum of 5.
15.        Can I also save the original photos  when shooting Panorama?
Yes. Go to Settings, tap “Camera” icon and choose to enable or disable the function of saving original photos.
16.        What is Pitch Lock Mode?
The shooting direction of the phone camera will not be affected by the movement of your arms in a tilt axis.
17.        Where are photos and video captured by the Osmo Mobile 2 stored?
For iOS users, they will be stored in the DJI GO app. For Android users, you can choose to store photos and video either in your phone or on a SD card.
18.        Can I use Beautify for taking photos and recording video?
Yes. You can use it for both. Beautify is available for taking single photos or photos using a countdown timer. However, it is only available for video recording at 720p.
19.        Is Beautify available when shooting with front and rear cameras?
Yes.
20.       Are all the features available on Android and iOS systems?
The shooting capabilities of the Osmo Mobile 2 depend on what type of mobile phone system you use. Consequently, Android users may not be able to use the fully optimized functions of the Osmo Mobile 2. DJI is working with Android phone manufacturers to provide a better user experience to all Android users. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Battery
1.         How long are charge times and battery life of Osmo Mobile 2? Can I swap out the battery?
A full charge requires 2 hours, and battery life is 15 hours*. The built-in battery cannot be swapped out.
* Under ideal conditions with the gimbal fully balanced.

2.         How do I charge Osmo Mobile 2? What is the maximum charging current for it?
You can charge it via the micro USB charging port on the right of the handle.
The maximum charging current is 2A.

3.         How does Osmo Mobile 2 charge a mobile device? What are the current and voltage it exports?
Osmo Mobile 2 charges a mobile device via the USB port on the back of the handle.
It exports a voltage of 5V and a current of 1.5A.

4.         Can I use Osmo Mobile 2 when it’s charging a mobile device?
Yes.

Bluetooth

1.         How do I know which device is mine when there are several Osmo Mobile 2s around my phone?
We give every Osmo Mobile 2 a unique serial number, which is located on the left of the phone holder. You can easily locate your device by finding the serial number. You can also change the name of your device in the DJI GO app.

2.         What should I do if I want to connect the Osmo Mobile 2 to another smartphone?
Please disconnect the previous smartphone and disable its Bluetooth. Then connect the Osmo Mobile 2 ti another smartphone.

Accessories

1.         Are all Osmo accessories compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2?
No. Most Osmo accessories are not compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2. However, Osmo Tripod is compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 and can be mounted to it via a new thread at the bottom of the gimbal.
2.         What is the model of the new thread at gimbal bottom? What accessories does it support?
A ¼-20 thread is newly added at the bottom of the Osmo Mobile 2. It is compatible to Osmo Mobile 2 Base, Osmo Tripod and other third-party accessories.

3.         Can I attach an external lens to my phone when using Osmo Mobile 2?

Yes. However, external lenses may affect the balance of the gimbal. Large, heavy lenses are not recommended.

om2ls4.png

2018-1-7
Use props
Kuba_Vlk_CZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230614 ft
Czechia

Hello, would it be able to use this new OSMO Mobile 2 adapter with Osmo Zenmuse X3 like Osmo Mobile M1?  Thank you!
2018-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that looks like a nice upgrade!
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-7 09:48

Yes! Nice to see you here!
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Kuba_Vlk_CZ Posted at 2018-1-7 09:46
Hello, would it be able to use this new OSMO Mobile 2 adapter with Osmo Zenmuse X3 like Osmo Mobile M1?  Thank you!

will get the professional answer from our support team before give a reply here!
2018-1-7
Use props
Dirk52
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Retail price is 129$?
2018-1-7
Use props
Hugh Jaynus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

ahhhh nuts. I very recently bought a refurbished Osmo Mobile...lol. Should have waited.
2018-1-7
Use props
fansf4ef428c
lvl.1
United States

Does this fix the iPhone X OIS issues the original Osmo was having?
2018-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-1-7 09:53
Yes! Nice to see you here!

Indeed!
Nice to be back.
Very busy with some projects, so a little less time in the evenings....
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

I doubt it, as it is very unlikely this model has a removable head on the handle.

The handle alone sells for over $200. So this for $130 is very unlikely to offer that functionality for less money.
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-7 09:48

Except for the non-replaceable battery.

Sure it has a MUCH longer run time, but if it dies when in use no quick battery replacements and no easy way to replace old degraded batteries.
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

Never mind, I'm not sure I understand the question.
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

Hugh Jaynus Posted at 2018-1-7 10:47
ahhhh nuts. I very recently bought a refurbished Osmo Mobile...lol. Should have waited.

On the bright side you got it at a good price and you have a removable battery option.
2018-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RojasTKD Posted at 2018-1-7 11:55
Except for the non-replaceable battery.

Sure it has a MUCH longer run time, but if it dies when in use no quick battery replacements and no easy way to replace old degraded batteries.

Powerbank?
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

yes, that always an option, but the battery will eventually degrade and the ability to simple buy a new battery to replace it and not have to deal with a battery bank is far superior.

Not sure how feasible it would be for the more daring among us to be able to open it up and do a battery replacement ourselves, but perhaps that's a possibility.
2018-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RojasTKD Posted at 2018-1-7 12:05
yes, that always an option, but the battery will eventually degrade and the ability to simple buy a new battery to replace it and not have to deal with a battery bank is far superior.

Not sure how feasible it would be for the more daring among us to be able to open it up and do a battery replacement ourselves, but perhaps that's a possibility.

That is true.
But in reality, after 2 years usage your phone is about useless and you will need a new one.
I think your Osmo Mobile will still be reasonably ok, since you won't charge that everyday.
(not me at least) as I will with my phone.
But I agree, a replaceable battery is great.
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-7 12:26
That is true.
But in reality, after 2 years usage your phone is about useless and you will need a new one.
I think your Osmo Mobile will still be reasonably ok, since you won't charge that everyday.

Yes, not that big a deals as if you take care of it the battery should last you a good number of years for it degrades to the point of being unusable.

Still, I feel it a but of a downgrade in functionality. nontheless the Price is a nice bonus, and should make it very popular.

Maybe V3 will have all the features, lol.
2018-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

RojasTKD Posted at 2018-1-7 12:47
Yes, not that big a deals as if you take care of it the battery should last you a good number of years for it degrades to the point of being unusable.

Still, I feel it a but of a downgrade in functionality. nontheless the Price is a nice bonus, and should make it very popular.

I agree!
For now I am happy with mine
2018-1-7
Use props
JohnnieTheCache
lvl.4

Germany

fansf4ef428c Posted at 2018-1-7 10:58

+1 i was very disappointed with the Osmo Mobile 1. It could be such a great combo, but the stabilisation with OIS iPhones sucks.

Did you improve anything in this regard?

Also, i think that the smartphones camera being off from the center of the gimbal (the cameras are on the side of the phone) exaggerates the stabilisation problems. Its not without reason that the normal Osmo camera is spheric and in the center of the gimbal, right?
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

fansf4ef428c Posted at 2018-1-7 10:58

I believe it is more of an Apple problem than DJI. The lens just can't be "locked" in place.

So I think the blame is misplaced:

See starting at 3:48

SO unless they have some special magic sausce, it's likely to still be present.
2018-1-7
Use props
fanscbe312e7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306722 ft
United States

Does it work with iPhone 7 Plus or does it need counterweights?
2018-1-7
Use props
fansf4ef428c
lvl.1
United States

I believe it is possible to fix. A company called flowmotion has a new gimbal out that supposedly addresses the OIS issues.
2018-1-7
Use props
RojasTKD
lvl.1
United States

fanscbe312e7 Posted at 2018-1-7 15:15
Does it work with iPhone 7 Plus or does it need counterweights?

At the top is states, "The Osmo Mobile 2 supports smartphones measuring from 58.6mm-84.8mm width and up to 8.4mm thick. This covers most phones currently available, from the iPhone SE to the iPhone 6s Plus and Android phones of similar sizes."

Curiously, it omits the iPhone 7 Plus, is it a similar size to the 6 Plus (I'm not an iPhone user so don't know)?

The demensions are bigger than the original Osmo Mobile so I suspect it's designed to handle larger devices than the original.

My Zhiyun Smooth 3 has larger demsions and stronger motora and can handle my Note 8 with ease even with it's CrashGuard bumper case. My Osmo Mobile can work with the case and barely with no case.
2018-1-7
Use props
Hobbes C
lvl.1
Singapore

sigh, didn't know about this release else i would have waited. gotten the osmo mobile 1 less than a month ago and it's having issues already
2018-1-7
Use props
fans52b074d9
New

Canada

I have the first Osmo
Mobile and my iPhone 8 Plus is tok heavy without a case and even if I balance it all the way it still is too heavy to balance it correctly, with this one have that issue as well?
2018-1-7
Use props
Hanuey
New

Australia

OSMO mobile 1 last week
2018-1-7
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Will it fix the problem Osmo owners are having with drifting/rotating gimbals, as seen in this thread here?
2018-1-7
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I had a feeling, that not to buy the end of last year reduced OSMO mobil can  be an advantage.
Now we need only some reviews, to check on that.
Do I see that right? Rechargeable with powerbank?
Need for that, if 15 h usability?

2018-1-7
Use props
Xpjie017
lvl.1
Malaysia

Dji osmo 2 can support Honor 8 pro ?
2018-1-7
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Very nice upgrade...
2018-1-7
Use props
fans1e64d827
New
United States

I am fully disappointed with DJI and their marketing strategy before this launch. I bought my OLD osmo mobile last month following a promotion in thanksgiving that dropped the MSRP in $100. Unfortunately now I realize that DJI where burning inventory before this new anouncement prior to CES 2018 in Las Vegas. If I could, I would return it and get another gimbal from a brand that doesn’t play with the loyalty of the customers.
2018-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hobbes C Posted at 2018-1-7 17:09
sigh, didn't know about this release else i would have waited. gotten the osmo mobile 1 less than a month ago and it's having issues already

No issues here with OM1 and very happy with the removable battery (the 2 does not have that)
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Kuba, the answer is No at the moment.
Please pay attention to our website about the future release, thanks for your interest.
2018-1-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

As my kid would say “meh”
2018-1-8
Use props
Petr Hájek
New

Czechia

please Dji GO update ...iphone x 4k 60fps :-(
2018-1-8
Use props
JohnnieTheCache
lvl.4

Germany

fansf4ef428c Posted at 2018-1-7 15:25
I believe it is possible to fix. A company called flowmotion has a new gimbal out that supposedly addresses the OIS issues.

thanks! very interesting.

The flowmotion website says:
"Q: Does it work with the built-in stabilization in new smartphones?
A: Yes, we've carefully optimized both soft- and hardware to make the stabilizer respond fast enough to not trigger the Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). If you have a phone with EIS, such as the Google Pixel, we recommend turning this off when you use the stabilizer. "

What about the Osmo 2, DJI?

Same as Osmo 1, or did you try to address this?

Either way i have a feeling that such gimbals just arent for Smartphones with optical stabilisation (such as iPhone 6s, 7, 8, X). On the iPhone SE i think EIS cant be turned off either. :-(
Guess i need a regular Osmo or Osmo+
2018-1-8
Use props
DemolitionMan14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans1e64d827 Posted at 2018-1-7 22:03
I am fully disappointed with DJI and their marketing strategy before this launch. I bought my OLD osmo mobile last month following a promotion in thanksgiving that dropped the MSRP in $100. Unfortunately now I realize that DJI where burning inventory before this new anouncement prior to CES 2018 in Las Vegas. If I could, I would return it and get another gimbal from a brand that doesn’t play with the loyalty of the customers.

Unfortunately you didn't get the latest and greatest.  Don't be disappointed in DJI.  This is pretty much standard procedure every company does to dump stock before a release.  I mean the are many other ways DJI disappoints us but as far as Im concerned this is not one.
2018-1-8
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Sounds like Zhiyun got ripped off lol
2018-1-8
Use props
quitosky
New
United States

This is a slap in the face for 1st OSMO mobile owners.  OSMO comes up with an upgrade with better battery, portrayed mode and etc. but lowers the price to almost half. They should give 1st OSMO mobile owners an option to trade with the new for less!
2018-1-8
Use props
Nacho M
New

Mexico

Will the OSMO 2 work with iPhone x, regarding it's weight?

Also, will it support an iPhone (wether it be 7,8, or X) with accessories attached, ie: moment lenses WITHOUT having to use a counterweight?

To make things simple, how much weight will the OSMO 2 support?
2018-1-8
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules