ESC Status Error. Esc Error. Contact DJI Support if it occurs
1903 5 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans056fb895
New
Flight distance : 614567 ft
United States

Received Phantom 4 Pro yesterday, along with the DJI remote, screen, etc. I updated all of the firmware, etc. However, I continue to get the following error messages.

1) ESC Status reads "Abnormal" When I click "Abnormal," I see, "No. 1 Esc - Esc Error. Contact DJI Support if it occurs again."
2) Overall Status Reads, Latest Firmware!" and when I click that window, I get the folowing messag: "ESC Status Error. Turn off aircraft and restart. Contact DJI support if this continues." (I have undergone this procedure 5-6 times, switching batteries, etc., without any changes to warning message).

Unfortunately, the forum would not accept my jpg smartphone pics of the screen or I would have included them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The electronic speed controllers drive the brushless motors and are obviously powered from the battery. ESC errors are often caused by not getting enough power from the battery which is typical in low temperatures and/or high winds when using full pitch/throttle for prolonged periods. You can try the usual FW refresh on Assistant 2 and see if that helps but I think you may have a defective unit that needs to be returned - I wouldn't fly any drone with ESC warnings - the motors could cut out mid flight...
2018-1-7
Use props
fans056fb895
New
Flight distance : 614567 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 12:04
The electronic speed controllers drive the brushless motors and are obviously powered from the battery. ESC errors are often caused by not getting enough power from the battery which is typical in low temperatures and/or high winds when using full pitch/throttle for prolonged periods. You can try the usual FW refresh on Assistant 2 and see if that helps but I think you may have a defective unit that needs to be returned - I wouldn't fly any drone with ESC warnings - the motors could cut out mid flight...

Thanks for the response. I haven't done any flying with it and don't plan to until I get the issue resolved (especially since the ESC warning is for all 4 motors!). in fact, the default flight mode won't even allow me to fly the drone.

I did update FW, but with no luck. I'll contact DJI tomorrow when they're open.
2018-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans056fb895 Posted at 2018-1-7 12:10
Thanks for the response. I haven't done any flying with it and don't plan to until I get the issue resolved (especially since the ESC warning is for all 4 motors!). in fact, the default flight mode won't even allow me to fly the drone.

I did update FW, but with no luck. I'll contact DJI tomorrow when they're open.

Sorry to read that - yep, send it back asap. I got my P4P in Nov '16 and the IMU was broken out of the box. I sent it back - it was a frustrating process and took four weeks but they did replace it with a brand new one (not a refurb) in the end as a DOA and kept me updated on progress. The replacement was perfect!  
2018-1-7
Use props
fans688fb282
lvl.2
Flight distance : 437411 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-7 12:04
The electronic speed controllers drive the brushless motors and are obviously powered from the battery. ESC errors are often caused by not getting enough power from the battery which is typical in low temperatures and/or high winds when using full pitch/throttle for prolonged periods. You can try the usual FW refresh on Assistant 2 and see if that helps but I think you may have a defective unit that needs to be returned - I wouldn't fly any drone with ESC warnings - the motors could cut out mid flight...

Mine did at 380 ft, not pretty.  It's on its way back dji too.
2019-1-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans688fb282 Posted at 1-13 10:57
Mine did at 380 ft, not pretty.  It's on its way back dji too.

Sensible decision. Good luck on the replacement.
2019-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules