Ultrasonic spark sensors turn off in the fog?
2608 12 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1042037 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Ultrasonic spark sensors turn off in the fog?
2018-1-7
Use props
Tommy Vu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4564 ft
Vietnam

As I known that Spark does not have Ultrasonic Sensor. It only has a downward IR Sensor (RX TX) and a depth IR camera in front.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, there. Please note that if there is stain on the camera, the app may have this reminder, too. We would not recommend users fly through fog and cloud.
2018-1-8
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-8 00:42
Hi, there. Please note that if there is stain on the camera, the app may have this reminder, too. We would not recommend users fly through fog and cloud.

What reason ?
2018-1-8
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

From previous posts about fog, it seems the downward sensors get confused with fog, making the Spark think its lower than it is, auto landing has then started causing the Spark to drop out of the sky.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJT_MVSP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2018645 ft
Singapore

jksphoto Posted at 2018-1-8 04:34
From previous posts about fog, it seems the downward sensors get confused with fog, making the Spark think its lower than it is, auto landing has then started causing the Spark to drop out of the sky.

More like spark gets confused and will descend so slowly that it will run out of battery before it even gets near the ground
2018-1-8
Use props
Ricardo Ghion
Second Officer
  • >>>
Brazil

jksphoto Posted at 2018-1-8 04:34

the new firmware should have fixed this because it is now shut down
2018-1-8
Use props
jksphoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 114121 ft
Sweden

DJT_MVSP Posted at 2018-1-8 04:39
More like spark gets confused and will descend so slowly that it will run out of battery before it even gets near the ground

Yes, because its trying to land. That's why its descending.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

It may cause unexpected accident as many users found it hard to land their spark when they flew across cloud. Safety comes first.
2018-1-12
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

My spark is doing similar things it giving out erratic altitude readouts since last app update on android as a result it refused to land today it just hovered at 100 odd meters and refused to come down any further ! I initiated landing sequence but still just kinda chilled out up there till it hit critical battery level and was forced down. It was telling me it was negative 1.8 meters even though itnwas over 100 meters in the air. I tried two different mobiles and both have latest version of the app.
2018-2-25
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87415 ft
  • >>>
United States

Common Sense Dude
2018-2-25
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

Spark in the Park Posted at 2018-2-25 02:01
My spark is doing similar things it giving out erratic altitude readouts since last app update on android as a result it refused to land today it just hovered at 100 odd meters and refused to come down any further ! I initiated landing sequence but still just kinda chilled out up there till it hit critical battery level and was forced down. It was telling me it was negative 1.8 meters even though itnwas over 100 meters in the air. I tried two different mobiles and both have latest version of the app.

Look at the downward sensors with a magnifying glass.  They might need cleaning from finger or palm print that light up when exposed to moisture in the air.
2018-2-25
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

It's normal for thw spark to that in fog and mist. It's a real pain in the butt as some good images come when it's foggy or Misty out. Just know it's a feature of the Spark and most DJI drones, just with the spark there is no way to turn off the GPS system
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules