Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Sd Card won't format?
8062 6 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gopalh
New

Australia

Hey Guys, im new to this. My son moved away and was the one using it fine everyday. I have been trying to get the hang of it, but anyway when i go to fly it says sd card full, but then when i go into settings in the app and try to format the sd card it says no card. I take it out of the mavic then it says ready to fly, but then when i put it back in it says sd card again but then wont let me format same error no sd card from the app?

Any suggestions,
2018-1-7
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have a few thoughts, are you inserting it into the Mavic correctly, could it be upside down? What happens when you try it in a PC? Do you have another one you could try, might be a bad card?
2018-1-7
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Normally you want to format the MicroSD card in the Mavic, but since you are having problems, try reformatting it on a computer -- assuming this is the 16GB card that came with the Mavic, you'll want to format it as FAT32. Good luck.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, please connect the drone to the PC, backup the files and format via the PC. If the SD card is formatted on the computer, the SD card that is less than or equal to 32GB should only be formatted into the FAT32 file system. The recommended cluster size is 32KB. The SD card that is larger than 32GB should only be formatted into the exFAT file system. The recommended cluster size is 128KB.
Then connect the DJI GO 4 app and try if you can format the SD card via the app. If the issue persists, are you using the card that came with the drone? Try to change another SD card and see if it helps.
2018-1-8
Use props
lannes
Captain
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The card's gone bad, just chuck the card away and get a new one
What brand, model and size is it ?
2018-1-8
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.1

India

When your device showing "SD card won't format" error, then make sure that you either format the SD card using CMD option or force format the SD card. Once you must try this solution to fix SD card won't format issue. All the best…
To know more: http://www.rescuedigitalmedia.com/troubleshoot-raw-sd-card-wont-format
2020-1-9
Use props
SiliconPyro
New

United States

I solved this problem with my Mavic Mini 2. I tried formatting to exFAT (64GB card) and it didn't fix the problem. Running chkdsk was not helpful. What finally worked was inserting the sd card while the drone was ON. It loaded the sd card and switched to card storage instead of phone.
2023-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules