512 3 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans317da219
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70348 ft
United States

Looking for some suggestions.

Any recommendations on trackers? Do you use one?
Do you write your name and contact info on the unit?
How helpful is the app in recovery?
Other suggestions...

Thanks much
2018-1-7
Use props
MiniPalourde
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

A lot of people use the RF-V16 tracker. Personnally I have a lot of problems with it but globally it seems reliable.

You should write your email adress as well as your phone number on the unit. In fact, is it required in Canada.

The app will tell you where was your drone, last time it was able to communicate. If you crashed into a tree kilometers away, you should be able to find it with the Flight log and the mini map on your app. However, if a bird removed the battery and threw the drone somewhere, you would only know where the drone lost its battery

Other suggestion: If you're very high and flying away because of the wind, then you must lose some altitude. The winds are obviously stronger at high altitudes.

If you still can't fight the wind at low altitude and SPORT mode, you should advance in diagonals so you're not directly against the wind.
2018-1-7
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

I use the Loc8tor GPS tracker. Mounted on the back of my MP just above the led - works great without disturbing the drone GPS. Hope I never have to use it though. Name, phone number and registration number mounted on the drone is a requirement through legislation where I live.
2018-1-7
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Just discovered that you have not received quote replies and may not have seen your thread since the creation. Now you get the chance.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules