1214 13 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronecrazy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73871 ft
United States

Need some direction, new to the drone world
Looking at purchasing P4P and need to up date to a new phone as I am still lugging a Note 2. Yup,

would like to stay with andriod and looking at Note 8.

question: what phone with andriod system will support my P4P with no problems.

thanks

2018-1-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Note 3 works flawless and will for a while yet

Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.1.22.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

*Support for additional devices available as testing and development continues.
2018-1-7
Use props
Dronecrazy
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-7 21:24
Note 3 works flawless and will for a while yet

Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.

Thanks for the info, just so I understand

I didn't see Samsung NOTE 8 on your list so your saying this NOTE 8 is not compatible?   Don't mean to split hairs just want to be sure as there is a Samsung 8 and Samsung Note 8
2018-1-8
Use props
Gigging Fanatic
lvl.1
United States

Dronecrazy Posted at 2018-1-8 05:23
Thanks for the info, just so I understand

I didn't see Samsung NOTE 8 on your list so your saying this NOTE 8 is not compatible?   Don't mean to split hairs just want to be sure as there is a Samsung 8 and Samsung Note 8

Im in the same boat, im looking at that 1,240 nits!!! Thats got to look good flying that drone around... I have the S7 Galaxy and im sure itll run it fine but i want the bigger, brighter screen
2018-1-8
Use props
Hazy Jay
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I just received my P4P today and noted they said that the Samsung S8 is on their compatible lists. However, the GO app is in fixed landscape mode and the S8 does not fit in the holder in landscape, only in portrait. Unless I'm missing something in the app? This is my first purchase after all
2018-1-8
Use props
Hazy Jay
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It was me being daft, there's 2 lugs to hold phone in landscape

I've gone through all the updating etc using a Samsung 8, no issues so far apart from user stupidity ;)
2018-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Hazy Jay Posted at 2018-1-8 13:30
It was me being daft, there's 2 lugs to hold phone in landscape

I've gone through all the updating etc using a Samsung 8, no issues so far apart from user stupidity ;)

That's ok, many have failed at the first negotiations.

Glad you are finding your way. Please do RTFM. HAHA

RedHotPoker
2018-1-8
Use props
Dronecrazy
lvl.1
United States

Hazy Jay Posted at 2018-1-8 07:50
I just received my P4P today and noted they said that the Samsung S8 is on their compatible lists. However, the GO app is in fixed landscape mode and the S8 does not fit in the holder in landscape, only in portrait. Unless I'm missing something in the app? This is my first purchase after all

Hazy, you got to tell me how it goes for you. I am ready to pull the trigger on a P4P but getting cold feet from all the stuff I am reading about the FW updates causing the drone to fly crazy. I was god until last night started reading thread after thread ouch...man they got a bad bug out.

let me know how u make out.
2018-1-8
Use props
Dronecrazy
lvl.1
United States

Dronecrazy Posted at 2018-1-8 15:23
Hazy, you got to tell me how it goes for you. I am ready to pull the trigger on a P4P but getting cold feet from all the stuff I am reading about the FW updates causing the drone to fly crazy. I was god until last night started reading thread after thread ouch...man they got a bad bug out.

let me know how u make out.

also forgot to mention I know we are good with the Samsung 8 anyone know about the Note 8..any users with this phone out there.
2018-1-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

One of the easiest methods to check a device, is see if your device will download the app...

Not all phones and tablets that will work efficiently, are on the actual DJI list...  

They can only test the few they do... Thankfull for those.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And if its not on the list and even if its a later, more powerful device, and there is some issue or other, DJI still tell you to forget ya new toy and choose one from the list,  lol

Dronecrazy, not my list chap, i just posted it from the DJI page

Ideally you need a decent quad core (minimum) and 2gb ram (minimum) if your device still struggles ad you are willing to play than to pay, you can always try a few things 1st, android only

Go in to your devices settings and then apps and then go through them, delete or disable any that you do not use, thats important, many apps work i the background supping valuable ram.
If that does not help much, you can always go one step further, if you are on an earlier android, then upgrade to 6, if you are on 7 downgrade to 6. in downgrade i mean you will have to jailbreak your device, root it and then add android 6, further to that, find a slimline version too, they remove most if not all of the bloatware, including google apps, so you will also need to download a  version of Gapps (google apps) thres a few versions (5 i think) and they are tailored to your android version too, downlaod the Gapps the you are happy with, the minimalist one just has playstore, thats the least you will need unless you plan to sideload all your apps.

Last point is to use a device that will be solely for flying only, that way you do not fill it up with rubbish ;)

There are in app tweaks such as turning off caching, that can help if its a little laggy, cant see it helping if theres major lag, you will either need  better device or do the above...

The above is just my experience YMMV, i have been through it on 4 android devices, Tab 2, i so tried (all of the above), got so close but just just dinnae have the power captain Note 3, thats my main phone, that works the app with no issues whatsoever, thats with the DUrecorder running, loads of apps in the background etc, BRILL device, just a little small for Live View, i then Tried the Nvidia Shield K1, great device once i downgraded Android from 7 to 6, although, there was some lag with the DU screen recorder running, need to test that again, could have been a one off, now im on the Tab s2 9.7, 1st use there was some signal loses, screen breaking up a little that was without DU running, with it running there was no issues, could have just been interference, also i have just downgraded it to android 6 too and tested it yesterday and it was flawless, i put 7 back on again last night so i am yet to test it.

Damn, im rambling lol :p anyhoo, just wanted to tell you my experiences
2018-1-8
Use props
Dronecrazy
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-8 21:23
And if its not on the list and even if its a later, more powerful device, and there is some issue or other, DJI still tell you to forget ya new toy and choose one from the list,  lol

Dronecrazy, not my list chap, i just posted it from the DJI page

thanks for the info.....I look into it more....
2018-1-9
Use props
Dronecrazy
lvl.1
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-8 15:31
One of the easiest methods to check a device, is see if your device will download the app...

Not all phones and tablets that will work efficiently, are on the actual DJI list...  

Thanks for the info////
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dronecrazy Posted at 2018-1-9 21:48
Thanks for the info////

Check your device, to see if the Go app loads?

RedHotPoker
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules