Airplane icon and Green "C1"
4256 5 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

A friend of mine was flying his Mavic Pro today. As I watched the video downlink on his iPad, I noticed that every so often, the flight mode icon (usually an icon of the RC controller) would change to an icon of an airplane, and a Green text label "C1" would show up. Neither of us knew what this meant, or why it was popping up. We tried pressing the C1 button on the bottom of the controller, but that did not change the icon or bring up the Green text label. The fact that this kept happening, with no user input was worrisome.

Any ideas what's going on? It looks like it's momentarily switching to beginner mode, then dropping back out. But the Green "C1"? What's that?
2018-1-7
Use props
Shoot It WA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Pressing c1 activates fixed wing mode
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101372-1-1.html
2018-1-7
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
United States

Shoot It WA Posted at 2018-1-7 21:15
Pressing c1 activates fixed wing mode
https://forum.dji.com/thread-101372-1-1.html

I don't think it was fixed Wing mode... Fixed wing mode has to be enabled, it wasn't. It's assigned to the C1 button, but nothing was assigned to the C1 button. It doesn't display the Airplane icon, and it doesn't display the label "C1" in green.

This was happening randomly during normal flight... The aircraft did not behave any differently when the icon and label appeared on the screen, or after it disappeared seconds later. Similarly, deliberately pressing C1 did not bring up the icon or Green text label.
2018-1-7
Use props
Shoot It WA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3576476 ft
Australia

Jyunte Posted at 2018-1-7 21:37
I don't think it was fixed Wing mode... Fixed wing mode has to be enabled, it wasn't. It's assigned to the C1 button, but nothing was assigned to the C1 button. It doesn't display the Airplane icon, and it doesn't display the label "C1" in green.

This was happening randomly during normal flight... The aircraft did not behave any differently when the icon and label appeared on the screen, or after it disappeared seconds later. Similarly, deliberately pressing C1 did not bring up the icon or Green text label.

I think it gives you a reminder that you can enable fixed wing mode, if you hold full forward for about three seconds it gives you the reminder. You keep holding full forward and hit C1 and it will start fixed wing mode.
2018-1-7
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
United States

Shoot It WA Posted at 2018-1-7 21:50
I think it gives you a reminder that you can enable fixed wing mode, if you hold full forward for about three seconds it gives you the reminder. You keep holding full forward and hit C1 and it will start fixed wing mode.

Ok... Thanks. I'll forward that on to him and suggest he disables fixed wing mode, if it's enabled in the app.
2018-1-7
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Shoot It WA is right, it means that you are able to enter Fixed-wind mode. fixed wind.png
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules