Sanitized forum
1549 20 2018-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
warpiggy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 109797 ft
Canada

Why does DJI remove all my posts? I would like this posted in general discussions...... Wow just got blown away. Been following this forum and DJI forum over the last 3 weeks thinking of buying a first new drone. I posted "scared to buy" at Christmas time on both forums and got such a good response from this community. 90% of the people said enjoy, and go buy. So last night I went online to the DJI store and made the big jump. Well the purchase did not go very well. After I agreed to everything and put in my MasterCard # the screen never went to confirm payment. About 1/2 hour later I got an email said payment was pending. So I went to bed thinking I would get confirmation in the morning. Well after not getting any response from DJI by the afternoon of the next day I decide I would go on line and check my MasterCard bill. When I checked it, it said transaction was pending. (and without me knowing my wife paid the bill) Well 24 hours after I ordered my Mavic I get another email from DJI saying I need to send them a scanned copy of my drivers licence showing my current address or they would not let me purchase it. I am 64 years old been living in the same place for 19 years (or so) and been using a MasterCard for most of my life, and I never had any place I used it needing more Stinking ID. I just used the card to book a Thailand trip, and all the hotels in March on the same card and not a problem. Please I am really looking forward to your response. Have any of you had same problems? I think in the morning I am going to try and cancel my order. ( They say they will destroy my scanned ID after they are done with it ) Now I really scared to buy
2018-1-7
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its probably to prevent fraud. Just because you are 64 and have lived in the same place for 19 years means nothing. All DJI see is someone trying to make a payment and want confirmation its genuine. Imagine if this had been a bit different. Someone stole your card details and tried to make this purchase. You would be glad DJI asked for more information from the scammer because then they prevented you from having to deal with a fraudulent purchase in your name.
2018-1-8
Use props
warpiggy
lvl.2
Canada

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-8 03:31
Its probably to prevent fraud. Just because you are 64 and have lived in the same place for 19 years means nothing. All DJI see is someone trying to make a payment and want confirmation its genuine. Imagine if this had been a bit different. Someone stole your card details and tried to make this purchase. You would be glad DJI asked for more information from the scammer because then they prevented you from having to deal with a fraudulent purchase in your name.

MasterCard approved the funds within 3 or 4 hours now my payment sits in pending   and can sit like that for 10 days before mastecard will cancel All DJI needs to do is receive the funds but they want me to send them a picture of my drivers licence. I think that is Bull **** Thanks for your reply
2018-1-8
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think you have posted this before. Please stick to the original post
2018-1-8
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

warpiggy Posted at 2018-1-8 21:53
MasterCard approved the funds within 3 or 4 hours now my payment sits in pending   and can sit like that for 10 days before mastecard will cancel All DJI needs to do is receive the funds but they want me to send them a picture of my drivers licence. I think that is Bull **** Thanks for your reply

That's the point I'm trying to make. DJI are trying to get you to confirm you are who you say you are before they will process the funds to prevent any fraudulent activity. If you were a scammer then you probably wouldn't be able to send the ID so the payment would then eventually be cancelled by Mastercard.

Out of curiosity, why are you so averse to sending a picture of your drivers license? What do you really think they are going to do with it?
2018-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Regarding posts, if you post duplicate posts one will be removed, others can end up in service it’s part of policy on the forum and is specified in forum rules.

I’m not sure regarding security I haven’t seen this before, you could try canceling order and reorder see if that helps or just go elsewhere. They are stocked by Applestore for instance, so maybe try them.
2018-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It's possible that all those purchases and bookings in Thailand raised a flag on your account. As Hallmark mentions, there are plenty of other places to purchase the drone if DJI's site makes you nervous. Good luck.
2018-1-9
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Try Best Buy or Amazon....
2018-1-9
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

When you purchase things on line quite often they can divert you to an authorisation page where you put in a series of digits , once confirmed the sale goes through ... thats how it works in the UK anyway. Did this not happen? if it did then I have no idea why DJI themselves want proof of ID .... Surely it is the CC companies that require proof of ID not DJI.

Makes no sense to me.

If you are sold on getting a DJI drone I would buy from someone you trust rather than DJI.
2018-1-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always buy my drones and accessories through Amazon. I bought a set of props (the new quieter ones) once through DJI and had the same issue you're having. Besides, Amazon has a fantastic return policy.
2018-1-9
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

That's odd. I cannot remember sending a pics of any ID's to DJI when I purchased mine 03 of 17.
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Money laundering and fraud prevention - bottom line! That said, asking for a copy of your driving licence for an on line payment is a first and I work in financial services for a London Bank.
2018-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I was asked to send in a photo of my drivers license in order to unlock a restricted fly zone, but not for my purchase. I ended up not having to send my license as I was able to convince them that the restricted zone was improperly categorized.
2018-1-9
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-9 10:40
Money laundering and fraud prevention - bottom line! That said, asking for a copy of your driving licence for an on line payment is a first and I work in financial services for a London Bank.

I used to work in debt card and cc fraud not long ago and never heard of a pic for a purchase.....
2018-1-9
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

I had Hobby King do that to me to verify who I was the frst time I purchased form them.
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-9 11:17
I used to work in debt card and cc fraud not long ago and never heard of a pic for a purchase.....

It is odd - I ordered loads of gear from DJI on line via MasterCard - including my P4P and was never asked for physical ID.
OP - I would check with your credit card company immediately! Did you use an official DJI on line store and access it directly via google or through a link that someone emailed you? Also, be mindful of these YouTube links to 'support the channel'...
2018-1-9
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

No way would I send a copy of my DL or any other ID to them.  There is no need.  Your financial agreement is with the credit card company, not DJI.  Someone is being unreasonable.  I'd for sure find another place to purchase.  After a few years in the forum, I can tell you that DJI direct is the last place I'd buy.  But, I have other sources.  I imagine in some areas, they would be better.  Just glad I'm not in that situation.
2018-1-9
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2018-1-9 11:18
I had Hobby King do that to me to verify who I was the frst time I purchased form them.

I'll have to ask a couple of my old co-workers about pics/DL for purchases and see. Might be some new security thing?
2018-1-9
Use props
warpiggy
lvl.2
Canada

Hi guys all is good. I ended up canceling my order and re ordered using pay pal with DJI. Now i just need to wait. Not sure why this happened cus Mastercard said all is ok they (DJI) just needed to receive the funds. Just a little odd they would want that ID.  As usual thank you all for your great advice.
2018-1-9
Use props
warpiggy
lvl.2
Canada

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-1-9 00:47
That's the point I'm trying to make. DJI are trying to get you to confirm you are who you say you are before they will process the funds to prevent any fraudulent activity. If you were a scammer then you probably wouldn't be able to send the ID so the payment would then eventually be cancelled by Mastercard.

Out of curiosity, why are you so averse to sending a picture of your drivers license? What do you really think they are going to do with it?

Exactly what are they going to do with it. Why would I trust them? If its paid for it's none of their business
2018-1-9
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

A mastercard is not a verified form of payment without an ID. Paypal is a verified form of payment. I purchased mine with PayPal like I do all my online purhases that I can.
2018-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules