Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
In flight audio recording from drone
16645 50 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't believe it's possible to record stereo with one mic.  It requires two mics, two signals, two channels, whatever.  

But yeah, you can play with the signal(s)/frequencies post production.

I agree with MW that audio tech could eventually at least greatly diminish the prop noise of a sound recording.  It could be noise canceling tech or even just lowering the recorded gain on the prop frequencies might work...

And then there's sound depth.  Recorded sounds that seem to come from close to you, far from you, or even behind you or above you or below you, etc.  That's pretty fascinating but off topic.  And I don't know how it would be done in a drone.  
2018-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-19 02:46
I don't believe it's possible to record stereo with one mic.  It requires two mics, two signals, two channels, whatever.  

But yeah, you can play with the signal(s)/frequencies post production.

All you need to do is tune the noise cancelling via a simple app on a laptop, and it will remove 100% of the prop noise, and at the same time, make a voice conversation 100 feet away crystal clear. Easy peasy, just like they do in the movies
2018-10-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-19 16:43
All you need to do is tune the noise cancelling via a simple app on a laptop, and it will remove 100% of the prop noise, and at the same time, make a voice conversation 100 feet away crystal clear. Easy peasy, just like they do in the movies

Yes I understand how the noise cancelling tech works with headphones.  The noise is from outside the headphones and is cancelled by opposite phased soundwaves, but the audio within the headphones (e.g. music) is coming from an independent source.  How would it work on a flying Phantom in the physical world?  Where would the mic be located?  Would we hear a bluebird tweet softly in a nearby tree and complete silence from the props?  
2018-10-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-19 17:24
Yes I understand how the noise cancelling tech works with headphones.  The noise is from outside the headphones and is cancelled by opposite phased soundwaves, but the audio within the headphones (e.g. music) is coming from an independent source.  How would it work on a flying Phantom in the physical world?  Where would the mic be located?  Would we hear a bluebird tweet softly in a nearby tree and complete silence from the props?

It was a tongue-in-cheek jest. No, it is not that easy to do, but the public now have an expectation that it is easy to do because of the fanciful movie plots. Like you can hack into a person's heart pacemaker and command it to stop, just like they did in the series 'Homeland'. Or image enhance a photographic blue and reveal a license plate number. Or tune out the extraneous noise near a cell phone and bring out the audio of someone speaking nearby.
2018-10-19
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-10-19 17:38
It was a tongue-in-cheek jest. No, it is not that easy to do, but the public now have an expectation that it is easy to do because of the fanciful movie plots. Like you can hack into a person's heart pacemaker and command it to stop, just like they did in the series 'Homeland'. Or image enhance a photographic blue and reveal a license plate number. Or tune out the extraneous noise near a cell phone and bring out the audio of someone speaking nearby.

Oh, ok, I thought you were serious haha
2018-10-19
Use props
sky wombat
Captain
Flight distance : 1444049 ft
  • >>>
Australia

um at the risk of being labelled a smart arse and being sent to sit in the corner, what sounds are you hoping to record?
2018-10-19
Use props
Miles_Gonzalez
New

United States

thanks for sharing the tips to record video from drone. However, you can't edit the video recorded by drone. In this case, you have to get a video editor to help you. I use the m4v video converter, it works just as I expected because the output quality can be kept.
2018-11-28
Use props
Miles_Gonzalez
New

United States

I don't know such a hardware device, but I currently use the drm audio converter , it supports to convert songs from many sources and I can transfer them anywhere including the drones for playback. You may give it a try.
2019-5-15
Use props
djiuser_yP4z8I27HTfy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401194 ft
United States

2021-7-9
Use props
djiuser_yP4z8I27HTfy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 401194 ft
United States

Hello, I was wondering if anything ever came of this? I am interested in trying to record audio with my drone.
2021-7-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Get any small audio recording device and attach it to your drone somewhere and record audio with the video.  Use an editor to transfer the audio track to your DJI video.  Shazaam.  
2021-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules