2693 7 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PAULOSBRUMBOS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 160463 ft
United Kingdom

Hiya folks,

I am after some advise regarding waypoint planning to help me with some pre programmed flight requirements.

I am on android and understand the DJI GO 4 app does not allow waypoint programming, only waypoint recording.

I have found a program on Play Store called Drone Harmony, have any of you guys used this? I am nervous of using 3rd party software as My Mavic is my 2nd DJI Drone after my PH3 flew off last year on a routine basic flight. I have DJI Refresh cover but fearful using other software could invalidate this??

Appreciate your feedback

:-)

2018-1-8
Use props
V_kingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310157 ft
Chile

Hi! you can also try with DJI Ground Station Pro (only Ipad) or Dronedeploy.
2018-1-8
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

Litchi does waypoit missions as well, and you can program them on your PC then upload to the app on your device.
2018-1-8
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I've seen many many postings about waypoint planning and all the ones I've seen talk about what jreynolds5 said - use Litchi.   I have it, but don't do much waypoint planning, so I don't use it much.  But that is said to be Litchi's main strength.
2018-1-8
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

I've used DJI Ground Station Pro for Waypoints, but found that with any wind at all, it won't stick to the programmed flight speed - set mine to around 7m/s but had a head wind on part of my course, it slowed down to less than 0.5m/s, gave me a mild panic. Does anyone know if any of the other offerings (Litchi or Autopilot or others) cope better with wind or if they all have the same problem?

Other than that problem though DJI GSP is fantastic - and will be even better once they modify it to record flight data!

2018-1-8
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

jreynolds5 Posted at 2018-1-8 07:36
Litchi does waypoit missions as well, and you can program them on your PC then upload to the app on your device.

+1  Plotting your Litchi via PC makes the process quite simple.  Viewing/configuring on a monitor is much easier than phone/tablet
2018-1-8
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-1-8 08:51
I've seen many many postings about waypoint planning and all the ones I've seen talk about what jreynolds5 said - use Litchi.   I have it, but don't do much waypoint planning, so I don't use it much.  But that is said to be Litchi's main strength.

I also prefer Litchi's pano mode over the dji go pano
2018-1-8
Use props
djiuser_x8i6vvPWN4os
New

Poland

I have made a number of test flights with Drone Harmony v.1.7.1
The simple routes, such as (panorama) orbit, worked without problems on my Mavic Air.
Unfortunately, the more complex waypoint routes present problems.
The helix in particular went dramatically. The drone went to the first programmed waypoint and then stopped.
I also discovered GPS position calibration does not run smoothly.
With this option deviation in "calculated GPS position" can be adjusted to the actual (real) position of the UAV so that no deviations can arise between the desired flight path and the practical execution (the flight).
Unfortunately in my case the latter has happened between the take off and its way to the first waypoint.
Looks like there was a deviation in where the waypointroute actually took place compared to what was shown on the screen in the android app.
This not only demaged hardware but can also creates potential dangerous situations.

Unfortunately I to get the idea that DH did not have my finding as a serious warning, atleast they have not responded to this as such.
What is your experience with DH?

2019-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules