3020 13 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185220 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

I guess this post is for DJI moderators / admins or anyone with production line knowledge.  Is there any chance down the line of DJI bringing out
a Drone that can land on water?  i.e. ;- https://www.urbandrones.com/products/splash-drone-3-auto

I very much like my DJI Products and woulud prefer to stay with this brand.

Just wondering.

Cheers
Rob
2018-1-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome question.
2018-1-8
Use props
Kevin_d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4219 ft
United States

Extremely awesome question. Even owning two MPPs I am not brand loyal. Not yet anyway. Between the reports of loss of control and all the confusion over how all the features of the Mavic works, even by those with high rank in this forum, eyeballing the competition seems appropriate. Looking at the videos for that urban drone it seems a direct assault on wind and water issues reported here. A quote from their website:

"The new S3 flight controller has been optimized to provide safe and reliable flight. Its updated software and reprogramming constantly checks for system errors and offers backup to maintain flight safety and stability. The Dual mode GPS uses up to 24 satellites as well as Glonass for improved accuracy. Its improved shielding allows for greater more accuracy than ever, in all environments. Even if you are beginner, flying the Splash drone auto should be a stress-free experience."

Kev
2018-1-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

There’s a rumor suggesting that the rumored upcoming P5 is waterproof.   As far as landing on water... splash drone is all I can think of.  Take that for what it’s worth.
2018-1-8
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t think DJI ever make a waterproof drone that’s affordable to your average consumer, as far as landing on water there are many 3rd party floats and do it yourself modifications. I made floats for my p4 advanced out of plastic water bottles,they worked great!!
2018-1-8
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Why couldn't you mount pontoons on the P4 legs. Opps, didn't finish reading you whole post, you did that.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Rob, thank you for bringing us the attention, now for consumer drones, there is no water-proof drone at the moment. If it is possible, I also hope there will be a water-proof drone.
2018-1-8
Use props
digitalintruder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3652379 ft
United States

You know, what had me about this drone was "Low Battery Alert If the battery voltage runs low, the remote controller will warn you of this, by vibrating in your hands." -- you know, not like that non-stop annoying beep that you can't turn off when RTH is enabled or the battery is low ...
2018-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They have made the Matrice 200 series water resistant so that is evidence that DJI have this tech in hand but as we know the Matrice is an industrial grade platform. A hybrid drone flying into the sea, becoming a submersible then taking back off from the sea will be a 2020+ vision LOL I can see added water resistance in the next gen. of consumer grade though (flying in light rain) - especially the P5.
2018-1-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Splash Drone is really cool, now I just need to figure out a way to buy one, maybe if we get a tax refund this year.
2018-1-9
Use props
50ShadesOfDamon
lvl.1
Malaysia

https://www.quadh2o.com/quadh2o/quadh2o-kit/   I actually got to fly one of these. Stable, heavy, and waterproof. You would think that DJI would have addressed this by now with all that they have done for the community.
2018-1-21
Use props
Silver Surfer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46283 ft
United States

Hi Rob, if you're interested in a water proof drone that can also carry a pay load ceck out the Splash Drone here is the link.  They also make a Splash Drone Fisherma.
https://www.swellpro.com/waterproof-splash-drone-3-auto.html
Check it out
2018-1-21
Use props
WaterProof
New

United States

I have been looking for any hint too.  So far, None from DJI that I can find.  I am sure they have them ready to build, but aren't going to do anything until the time is right Vs Competition, which appears to be the tiny Swellpro pioneers.  I guess I'll be an early adopter, while DJI plays the fast follower, in this case.  Good for everyone in the food chain.

I've been waiting to buy the right drone to use while boating, 100% Water Proof.  SwellPro is set to release their Mavic sized "Agile" aka "FreeFly Pro" model in the next 30 Days, which is designed exactly for Water Sports, etc.  I contacted the company to find out HOW soon it's coming out, and this was their reply:

"Good news is the Agile series will be lauch around in first quarter of 2018.
It's small, totally waterproof and have 4K camera, can satisfy your photography requirement with your family.
Pls kindly notice our website for any news."
------------------
Best regards,
Root Yan
Sales Manager
Swellpro Technology Co., LTD
Web:   www.swellpro.com
2018-2-28
Use props
Rob Hulford
lvl.2
Flight distance : 185220 ft
United Kingdom

Come on DJI, why not be a market leader  ;)
2018-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules