Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Map Loading"
4237 20 2015-4-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mariovelloso
lvl.3

Brazil

At the user area, some of my flights show "map loading" instead of the actual flight location. It happened before when I did not cached the maps prior the flights, but when connected it would show the location. Now, even when connected to the Internet , it'll show the annoying "Map Loading" message. Anyone having the same issue?

2015-4-21
Use props
kgarrison
First Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, ditto, so far this is the most unreliable feature of the entire app
2015-4-21
Use props
mariovelloso
lvl.3

Brazil

Nobody found a solution yet?
2015-4-21
Use props
fullyestablishe
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I either just close the app and restart or click on the offending entry and it brings up the map and is then corrected in the log.
2015-4-22
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi mariovelloso.

Once u clicked into flightrecord.
Those "maploading" flight records connect internet to load location name based on the corresponding latitude and longitude recorded .

If it failed to get the response location name, the record would remain "map loading".

Failure might happen if:
1. failed to connect internet or connection unstable.
2. too much records are requesting in the same time.

we will optimize  this feature in future app version.

The temporary solution can be: try clicking usercenter  serveral times with internet connected...
2015-4-22
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-4-22 18:19
Hi mariovelloso.

Once u clicked into flightrecord.

Thanks for those tips DJI-ytao

I use the iOS App on my iPAD Mini 2.

My problem is, even after the map and satellite images load once I have internet again, the "map loading" does not change to the location name.

I need to comply with our Civil Aviation Authority requirements to get my license to fly commercially.
This log information will be vital for my pilot's log and must be accurate - even if I can change the name of the location, because I fly in remote areas for visual elevated surveys.

Next thing is: How can I get the flight log information on my PC to compile my personal log in a format that will be acceptable to our CAA?
2015-8-18
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-19 06:40
Thanks for those tips DJI-ytao

I use the iOS App on my iPAD Mini 2.

would u plz show me a link demonstrating what "CAA acceptable fly log" is?

I believe it should be a CSV. Any official features(columns)  ?
2015-8-20
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-8-21 10:17

I believe it should be ...

Good evening DJI-ytao

Give me a day or so - I'm sure I'll get something you can use as an example that is acceptable to our CAA.

Secondly...
Any idea of how I can overcome the "map loading" issue?
I tried to cache the maps while I had internet connection, but somehow the maps do not work once I'm out on location.

Best regards

2015-8-21
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-8-21 10:17

I believe it should be ...

Evening DJI-ytao

I think this will provide the information you are looking for:

Home Page South African Civil Aviation Authority -
http://www.caa.co.za/Pages/default.aspx

Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems - http://www.caa.co.za/Pages/RPAS/ ... raft%20Systems.aspx

SACAA Schedule 1 (published February 2015)
Page 21: 101.05.22 - FLIGHT FOLIO
Page 22: 101.06.4 - RMT LOGBOOK
http://www.caa.co.za/Remotely%20 ... February%202015.pdf

I trust you will find the relevant information to assist you.

Best regards
2015-8-21
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-22 02:38
Good evening DJI-ytao

Give me a day or so - I'm sure I'll get something you can use as an example ...

Thanks.

Ur "map loading" issue shoud be  caused by " too much records are requesting in the same time."  We will optimize this process in future version.

By now, There is one way u  can try:
move ur records into PC throw itunes.
Then
1. move one "map loading" record into ur ios device DJI GO/Pilot document fightrecord folder;
2.  enter DJI-Go flight record page/ DJI-Pilot usercenter page. The app will call map-api to get the name by gps info in the record. Normally it just take a few seconds.
3. After one is done, move another into device...  App only gets "maploading" record's location name.

Hopes it would help u.
2015-8-22
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-8-22 16:03
Thanks.

Ur "map loading" issue shoud be  caused by " too much records are requesting in the same t ...

Good day DJI-ytao

Thanks for this.
I will give it a try and will inform you of the results.

I am an all time PC,  Symbian and now Android user, so iOS is very very new to me.
My 1st iOS device ever, is my iPAD Mini 2 Wi-Fi that I purchased exclusively as my flight monitor and only because the iOS device has the built in flight simulator.

Hope I will easily find iTunes copy to PC tips on the web to make my life easier

Thanks again.
2015-8-22
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

DJI-ytao Posted at 2015-8-22 16:03
Thanks.

Ur "map loading" issue shoud be  caused by " too much records are requesting in the same t ...

Good day DJI-ytao

What App shall I use to transfer the DJI info from my iPAD Mini 2 to my PC?
I have searched the web and cannot decide - as I said earlier, I'm 1st time iOS user.

Please help.

Best regards
2015-8-22
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-22 17:53
Good day DJI-ytao

What App shall I use to transfer the DJI info from my iPAD Mini 2 to my PC?

If u hv a mac, then Itunes.

If u use other OS, say windows etc.,  try what u searched...
Quite many softwares can do that.  e.x. pphelper  itools(actually they also work on MAC)...
2015-8-22
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

Good day DJI-ytao

I managed to access the "FlightRecords" on the iPAD.
I could export and import the .txt files with the help of iTools.
I tried to read it into Excel as a comma separated file, but the information is not in readable format.

I also noticed the records that "disappeared" was still in the folder, but does not show on the Flight Record App with my other records.

"Map Loading" not solved.

Am I missing something?
2015-8-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-24 00:05
Good day DJI-ytao

I managed to access the "FlightRecords" on the iPAD.

Hi, Adamastor!
Please connect your mobile device to the WIFI and turn on gps on ot, enter camera view and and choose map view  in the corner. As expected, you got no maps in there, so zoom in an leave it for a while, in few minutes you'll recognize that the area on your screen is loaded
2015-8-23
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

Good day DJI-Tim

I will try to make small video of my problem.
I think I am doing things as required in the user manual.
I get maps to load in Wi-Fi, then scroll to place I will fly and wait for maps to update.
I go for my flight - there is no cell phone reception.
With Wi-Fi on or with airplane mode on, I complete my mission.

I come back to area where there is cell phone reception - all locations load as normal... the one that had "map loading" still the same.

I have iPAD mini 2 Wi-Fi only...
No GPS I think - is that the problem?
2015-8-24
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Just wait 5-10 minutes, it loads eventually but is super slow for some reason, internet speed doesn't seem to matter
2015-8-25
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

Thanks sultangris01

I will give it a go, but somehow I think my iPAD has been on for longer than that at a time after returning to base...
I will check it again none the less..
2015-8-28
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-8-25 20:19
Just wait 5-10 minutes, it loads eventually but is super slow for some reason, internet speed doesn' ...

Okay...

Left the iPAD switched on with "flight record" screen in foreground for the the past 4 hours...

"Map Loading" still  showing after all this time...

Does not seem like a slow internet connection...
2015-8-28
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

Adamastor Posted at 2015-8-28 16:03
Okay...

Left the iPAD switched on with "flight record" screen in foreground for the the past 4 hou ...

thats odd, you ever get it working?  it definitely has nothing to do with internet speed, its bad app coding.  its always been bugged and half of my records are missing.  I have super fast internet and it still takes 5 minutes to load on mine, but they have always loaded so far every time ive looked at them.  You have flight logs turned on in the app settings?
2015-9-7
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3

South Africa

99% of my flying is away from cellular services, so I was hoping to cache the maps before leaving for the site.
My flight records therefore shows "map loading" for ever and a day... upon my return.

I still have the same issues with the maps on my iPAD Mini 2 Wi-Fi only seemingly not caching even after the latest 1.4 updates.
The iPAD Mini was specifically purchased as the flight monitor of choice for my Inspire 1 because of the simulator App.

On my Nokia device (non Windows) I used the off-line maps by Nokia for many many years, which has since become a standalone product called Here Maps.
Since changing to an Android device about 2 years ago, I used Here Maps extensively as it works perfect in off-line mode - even with address searches and voice guidance routing!
I know you can cache Google Maps for about a 50km radius from your location, but the off-line cached maps only stays valid for 30 days or something.

I downloaded Here Maps from the iOS App Store and installed the off-line maps for my location onto the iPAD Mini 2 - some 350MB.
Now if only I can figure out how to tell the DJI Go App to use Nokia Maps?
Hopefully this will solve all my mapping problems and I will be able to see my waypoints I plotted by using the new intelligent flight modes, on the off-line maps too.
2015-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules