Terrible after service and misleading information for Refresh
421 5 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vMy9ni41nxyH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822749 ft
United Kingdom

Bought a mavic just over a year ago from the UK.  A couple of days after purchase I got a marketing email from DJI to purchase DJI care refresh it specially stated UK version and had a link to buy... I purchased and hadn't needed to use it until the beginning of December (3 weeks before my refresh expired)

I completed the online forms etc, received the paperwork and UPS stickers for mailing to the Netherlands for repair/replacement (had a sea accident to assume replacement from salt water).

After a few days I received a link to the repair and was asked to pay €79, this link didn't work and so I contacted them to advise, they then sent me another link this time the amount payable was €669 this link for payment did work.

I questioned this and was told (after I was told to send it to the Netherlands) that I actually didn't have European cover that I had in fact purchased US refresh cover so wasn't covered for a replacement or repair in my region and I would therefore either need to get the mavic back and sent it to the US bearing the cost of shipping there and back or pay the €600 bill

I explained that the link that I received stated UK version but apparently I should have checked the small print because the link they sent me took me to the US version and so they take no responsibility for that, they also don't take any responsibility for the fact that they advised me to send my unit to the Netherlands despite knowing that I don’t have European cover eating further into my refresh cover.

Now my refresh has expired and they are saying there is nothing they can do.  So despite me reporting the claim to them whilst still covered and the fact that they told me to send me unit to them they are taking no responsibility for the fact that this has been going on for nearly a month.  Also how can they send an email to me explicitly stating UK version and then this link takes me to a US version of refresh, this is apparently my fault as I should have checked their link!?!

I am looking at whether there is any legal recourse for this in the UK as the marketing email deliberately misled me by having the wrong link attached, also I can't understand how at the point I registered my claim they did not refer me straight to the US refresh team but instead made me send my unit to them losing precious time and now because the regions are apparently  separate are no help in trying to get it sorted out.

I can't help but think that these things are deliberate to avoid replacing/repairing drones through technicalities.

Can someone look into this further please I have tried to escalate but I am getting nowhere and feel cheated by DJI, trusting customers also need to be made aware of the ‘technicalities’

2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi vMy9ni41nxyH, sorry to read about this, could you please provide me your case number, so that we can further assist you and get this sorted as soon as possible. Thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
vMy9ni41nxyH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-1-8 09:47
Hi vMy9ni41nxyH, sorry to read about this, could you please provide me your case number, so that we can further assist you and get this sorted as soon as possible. Thank you.

My case number is CAS-1334969-L0T8Q8.

The only thing Stefan in the support team has come  back with so far is that it's my fault and that whilst he sympathizes there's apparently nothing he can do apart from  offer me a 30% reduction in the €660 bill for the repair/replacement being carried out in the  Netherlands. Which for me is not acceptable as I had cover at the time that it was reported.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

vMy9ni41nxyH Posted at 2018-1-9 03:36
My case number is CAS-1334969-L0T8Q8.

The only thing Stefan in the support team has come  back with so far is that it's my fault and that whilst he sympathizes there's apparently nothing he can do apart from  offer me a 30% reduction in the €660 bill for the repair/replacement being carried out in the  Netherlands. Which for me is not acceptable as I had cover at the time that it was reported.

Stefan is local supervisor and I have also confirmed with him, customer should select the correct country when purchasing DJI Care Refresh, we are very sorry that we are unable to provide DJI Care Refresh in EU repair center and besides, your Care Refresh has been expired, 30% reduction is the best offer we could provide now, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.
2018-1-10
Use props
vMy9ni41nxyH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-10 00:29
Stefan is local supervisor and I have also confirmed with him, customer should select the correct country when purchasing DJI Care Refresh, we are very sorry that we are unable to provide DJI Care Refresh in EU repair center and besides, your Care Refresh has been expired, 30% reduction is the best offer we could provide now, we apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

This is unacceptable and I will be taking this further legally.

My refresh has expired because I was advised by YOU to send the unit to the Netherlands at no point during the claims process did anyone advise me to send the drone to the US if you would have advised me of that I would have sent it there. I advised of the claim whilst I STILL had refresh.

Secondly YOU sent me the incorrect link to a marketing email the clearly stated UK VERSION.  I am now convinced that this is a deliberate act to avoid fixing/replacing under refresh.

I am actually pretty shocked at the lack after sales here for a product that costs so much.

Rest assured you have not heard the end of this.

Others BEWARE of their UNETHICAL processes and also their complete lack of competence.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

vMy9ni41nxyH Posted at 2018-1-10 01:56
This is unacceptable and I will be taking this further legally.

My refresh has expired because I was advised by YOU to send the unit to the Netherlands at no point during the claims process did anyone advise me to send the drone to the US if you would have advised me of that I would have sent it there. I advised of the claim whilst I STILL had refresh.

Currently, warranty service and DJI Care Refresh service all do not support international coverage. Since your drone was purchased from UK, it is right to recommend to send in to EU repair center, but no one predicted you bought DJI Care Refresh from US before you sent in, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
As for the wrong version you purchased, sorry that there is nothing we can do at the moment, our supervisor has provided the best offer, hope your kind understanding.
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules