Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC screen shuts down
1222 6 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bodaway
lvl.1

United States

Just got my new Phantom 4 Pro+ and I have been flying the simulator. The screen goes black and I need to restart it to get the screen back on. Why?
2018-1-8
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Mine does that when idle, ex when connected to PC for files transfer etc.
Try pressing the button on top of the screen  and see if it wakes up.
I have never used the simulator so i don't know if would be doing like that but think it should not if you're actually using the device.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Bodaway, does the issue appear every time? Please try to reset the RC to see whether it helps: Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory data Reset. If not, please upload a short video for further assistance, thanks!
2018-1-9
Use props
Hazy Jay
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I tried using the simulator on the Pro with my Samsung S8 yesterday. I found that whilst the rest of the app kept my phone 'awake', for some reason, when using the simulator the device wanted to go back to sleep thinking I was idle so I had to keep tapping the screen when it dimmed to say it was about to go to sleep again. It seems that a simple fix for the simulator would be a 'device stay awake' code line.

I also didn't find the simulator that useful, it's not clear what it wants you to do, it told me to take off so I did, then didn't tell me to do anything else. So I tried flying about and kept getting red warnings about obstacles and boundaries. All in all, not an enjoyable experience tbh.
2018-1-9
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Hazy Jay Posted at 2018-1-9 05:08
I tried using the simulator on the Pro with my Samsung S8 yesterday. I found that whilst the rest of the app kept my phone 'awake', for some reason, when using the simulator the device wanted to go back to sleep thinking I was idle so I had to keep tapping the screen when it dimmed to say it was about to go to sleep again. It seems that a simple fix for the simulator would be a 'device stay awake' code line.

I also didn't find the simulator that useful, it's not clear what it wants you to do, it told me to take off so I did, then didn't tell me to do anything else. So I tried flying about and kept getting red warnings about obstacles and boundaries. All in all, not an enjoyable experience tbh.

maybe change the sleep setting in the dji go app
2018-1-9
Use props
Hazy Jay
lvl.2
United Kingdom

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2018-1-9 05:23
maybe change the sleep setting in the dji go app

If the rest of the app doesn't let the phone sleep why would I need to find and change this option? It only seems to be in simulator mode this happens. The rest of the academy and the app all keep phone awake.

I'm not near drone to check for any such settings at the moment but it doesn't seem logical that I'd have to activate 'do not sleep' just for the simulator. Somewhat counterintuitive given the rest of the apps performance :/ I will check later though
2018-1-9
Use props
WhiteLightnin'
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136463 ft
Canada

Hello HJ,

I use an app named "Screen Timeout". Icon looks like a quarter moon with a blue background on a monitor. I had the same issue with my screen dimming and had to touch to keep it awake. Once I installed it from Google Play on my Samsung Tab A and S7, I could choose the timeout value I wanted - 30 minutes for me. Should work on your S8.

WhiteLightnin'

2018-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules