DJI Refresh error, can't get any feedback from DJI
1147 10 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jm7stars
lvl.2
Flight distance : 679 ft
United States

So I had an accident late last year with my Mavic and sent it back for a refresh. I received my drone back with a decent turn around time but that's when things became shaky. The battery that I sent in with the drone head some damage to it and i expected it to also be refreshed with my MP drone. To my dismay the same battery wad returned to me with my New/Refurbished bird. To make the long story short it's been almost a month later and i haven't been able to take my "New" MP for a test flight and I haven't received any update on when I will have my battery shipped out to me. I'm afraid the DJI is going to wait to long to deal with this issue and if the MP they sent out to me is not good I will be stuck with a repair fee and I'm going to be stuck having to purchase a new battery when my battery was supposed to be replaced. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I should escalate this issue? It's so frustrating, I escaped the cold weather and to do some relief efforts and couldn't document any footage for my colleagues and family. The refresh process went well in one aspect because I received my drone back but not being able to test it really bites. I know I can simply buy a new battery but why should I if it should be been replaced for me. Anyone have a similar experience and can you give me some direction..
2018-1-8
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t remember if batteries were covered under refresh for the Mavic.  I would just buy another battery while I wait.  You have to ask yourself what’s more important.  I’d want to know if the returned drone is fully functional before time runs out.  Plus one can always use an extra battery.
2018-1-8
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

This is taken from the Care Refresh page ...

4、Which parts can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh?
Mavic series and Spark: aircraft, gimbal, camera, battery and propellers.
Phantom 4 Pro, Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 3 SE: aircraft, gimbal, camera, and propellers.
Inspire 2: aircraft and propellers.
Zenmuse X4S, Zenmuse X5S and Zenmuse X7: gimbal and camera( including lens).
After making a replacement request, send the part needing replacement to DJI.

So if your battery is broken then it should have been replaced.
2018-1-8
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the feedback, I had 2 reps reach out via email and I actually called in and reached a rep over the phone. It was explained to me that they committed an error and they would ship one no later than 2 weeks From our contact and that was over 3 weeks ago, going on a month. My looming question is after receiving a drone from the DJI refresh how long do you have to test the unit to make sure its functioning before your likely stuck with a lemon. Prior to this issue I was getting feedback from DJI routinely but after this issue, I get no more LOVE.....
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jm7stars, we are so sorry for the unfortunate experience with our repair center, according to the DJI Care Refresh Policy, the battery should be replaced as well, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.
May I have the previous case number? I will help to check the exact status and update to you as soon as possible, thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
United States

I just looked at the most recent email and this number #890079 is the only one shown in reference to this issue.
2018-1-9
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
United States

The original case number for the refresh was as follows; CAS-1241673-T5P9D9. This was the the case number that neglected to change the battery, the first number i submitted today is the case number for the new battery...
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jm7stars Posted at 2018-1-9 11:40
The original case number for the refresh was as follows; CAS-1241673-T5P9D9. This was the the case number that neglected to change the battery, the first number i submitted today is the case number for the new battery...

Thanks for coming back to us, we are sorry to have kept you waiting for the battery for a long time, I have escalated the case to appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you, hope you will get the battery very soon.
2018-1-9
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
United States

So the latest update is that I have finally received a tracking number from DJI in reference to replacing my battery. This was more than likely simple oversight on someone's behalf but I didn't want to have to fork over $100 because of it. I have a new and hopefully simple question now, from the moment you receive your drone back from refresh how long do you have to report Ann issue with it. The fact I didn't receive my battery back has put a major delay on my test flight
2018-1-12
Use props
Jm7stars
lvl.2
United States

Hey Mindy, everytime you reply to one of my questions on this forum things happen. Thanks for still rocking @DJIMINDY!!!!!
2018-1-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jm7stars Posted at 2018-1-12 09:20
So the latest update is that I have finally received a tracking number from DJI in reference to replacing my battery. This was more than likely simple oversight on someone's behalf but I didn't want to have to fork over $100 because of it. I have a new and hopefully simple question now, from the moment you receive your drone back from refresh how long do you have to report Ann issue with it. The fact I didn't receive my battery back has put a major delay on my test flight

No worries, the drone should be in good condition. Should you have any further questions about the drone, please feel free to contact us at any time, we'll do our best to help.
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules