Out of Box - Spark Camera Gimbal
979 5 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aubrey190
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27684 ft
United States

I bought my son a Spark for Christmas.  I ordered it from the DJI online store.  We flew it Christmas Day and were thrilled with it’s flying ability and the quality of the video.  However, the camera gimbal would not allow us to control the camera at all - the video we captured just came from whichever way the drone was pointed.  I had updated the firmware, calibrated everything, etc. in accordance with the instructions.  I ended up having to send the drone back to DJI.  It arrived at DJI on Friday (1/5/2018) and is still being assessed as of 1/8/2018 - which is reasonable.  

I was wondering if many new Spark owners have had this same problem.  DJI may be having to replace a lot of gimbals from people with out-of-the-box problems recently.  

Thanks!
2018-1-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

When you mean "control the camera"  was that just moving the camera up and down or were you referring to using the camera settings ?

The camera on the Spark can only move in the vertical plane, to pan the camera you rotate the Spark
2018-1-8
Use props
aubrey190
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27684 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2018-1-8 07:02
When you mean "control the camera"  was that just moving the camera up and down or were you referring to using the camera settings ?

The camera on the Spark can only move in the vertical plane, to pan the camera you rotate the Spark

That’s a great point.  I was not able to move the camera in the vertical plane.  Thanks for helping me to clarify.  I could not make it ‘look’ down or ‘look’ up.
2018-1-8
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

aubrey190 Posted at 2018-1-8 07:30
That’s a great point.  I was not able to move the camera in the vertical plane.  Thanks for helping me to clarify.  I could not make it ‘look’ down or ‘look’ up.

Yes if you can't  move the camera up and down then that's a gimbal fault which needs a return for replacement or warranty repair.

In your case I'd be expecting a brand new Spark, rather than a repair

2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, have you ever tried to adjust the Gimbal Pitch Speed under Gimbal Settings? Besides, could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it?
2018-1-8
Use props
BlueThunder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243 ft
United Arab Emirates

Had the same problem, after trying everything suggested online and DJI advice I had to have the Spark replaced. So far no other issues, I have to yet try a lot of the features though.
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules