Vertical Gimbal fails during flight
584 2 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sunruh
lvl.1
United States

I just purchased the Mavic Pro with goggles and am quite happy with it.  I have encountered one problem that is very troublesome.  During flight, the vertical gimbal axis fails to operate.  This will happen sparodically, and will happen when controlling gimbal with the remote handset, or using the head tracking feature with the goggles.  To fix this I only need to power down the drone and when I bring it back up all is well until some time later in flight I loose control again.

Has anyone seen this problem and is there a fix?
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, did you enable any mode when the gimbal didn't work? And it also happens when you are not connecting to the Goggles, right? If so, please try to reset the gimbal settings, then try again, if you are going to tilt the gimbal upward, please also enable the 30 degrees limit on the Gimbal Advance Settings, and try to adjust the gimbal pitch on the app.
If it doesn't help, could you please provide me with a video of this case? I would like to check. BTW, the gimbal only responds the order of the Goggles if you are in Gimbal Track mode. gimbal movement.png
2018-1-8
Use props
sunruh
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-8 20:18
Just to verify, did you enable any mode when the gimbal didn't work? And it also happens when you are not connecting to the Goggles, right? If so, please try to reset the gimbal settings, then try again, if you are going to tilt the gimbal upward, please also enable the 30 degrees limit on the Gimbal Advance Settings, and try to adjust the gimbal pitch on the app.
If it doesn't help, could you please provide me with a video of this case? I would like to check. BTW, the gimbal only responds the order of the Goggles if you are in Gimbal Track mode.[view_image]

No, I didn't enable anything when it stopped working.  I first noticed it only with the goggle head tracking mode (gimbal track only, not flight).  Then I turned off the head tracking and only used the remote to control vertical gimbal and it happened again.  I'll go to gimble advance setting and also do a calibration again to see if that changes anything.

While I've got your attention, here is something I have wondered:  When in head tracking I have 30 deg lateral movement (left to right) on gimble.  When operating only from the remote hand set I can only control vertical.  Is there a way to control lateral movement from the remote hand set?  
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules