Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire X3 No Image/corrupt camera module
1159 11 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gatallica
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15656 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All

I have purchased a T600 I1 and it has the dreaded 'no image' black screen following a previous FW update. Camera still records but transmits no image. I have tried all of the fixes as listed on here to no avail so I'm pretty sure its a corrupted camera module. I know that there are various (and very long) threads regarding this and I'm not looking for advice re fixes as its been covered.

However, I would like to hear from people who have sent there cameras back to DJI and what the costs were etc.

Reason I ask is if its going to cost me £300 to repair it with DJI just sending out a replacement (and keeping the faulty one), Im just as well sourcing one elsewhere and keeping my current gimbal for spares etc.

So, have you had yours repaired, did it solve the issues and what did it cost you?

Many thanks in advance...
2018-1-8
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
United Kingdom

PS Aimed mainly at UK only...thanks.
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Gatallica, please check the price list below to see if it helps: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
If you send in the aircraft and gimbal, local team may repair it or replace by refurbished goods of the same type, it depends on the damage evaluation.
2018-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know you stated UK people but mid last year I had the same issue and sent my X3 in to be fixed and it was $223 USD
2018-1-9
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

TG. If it is due to a software update, it should be software issue. I wonder how DJI fixes the issue by repairing the camera and gimbal. Did they replace your camera?
2018-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DTK Posted at 2018-1-9 03:30
TG. If it is due to a software update, it should be software issue. I wonder how DJI fixes the issue by repairing the camera and gimbal. Did they replace your camera?

I think a bad FW update or interrupted FW update corrupts the video board. And the invoice stated DJI replaced the Camera main board, since all I sent in was the X3
2018-1-9
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

If you want to confirm the diagnosis , go to the Hidden file  on the SD card from the last update and look at lines 0800 and 1500. You will want to look at the VERY BOTTOM  of the log for the most current updates. If it says "device NOT detected" then for certain the Video "encoder module"on the camera is pooched.

good luck
Link below if needed

How to View Hidden Files: Tool to  diagnose No signal and SD  Issues

donnie
2018-1-9
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your replies.

Its definitely the camera board issue and yes I do have the 0800/1500 log file problem. Trouble is, even if it was something to do with software, you cant actually update the aircraft with this issue as it wont update due the corrupted board. So annoying as the camera works perfecly other than that.

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and send it in...
2018-1-11
Use props
Gatallica
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So, the aircraft is now with Drondedoctor in Brighton. Their initial prognosis is a damaged quick release mount/camera board. Quote of just under £200 and the craft has been sent to DJI.
2018-1-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Gatallica Posted at 2018-1-11 00:42
Thanks for your replies.

Its definitely the camera board issue and yes I do have the 0800/1500 log file problem. Trouble is, even if it was something to do with software, you cant actually update the aircraft with this issue as it wont update due the corrupted board. So annoying as the camera works perfecly other than that.

Check  e bay sometimes members update to the X5 and just sell there X3 for around the same cost as a repair. Never know, might find a deal.

donnie
2018-1-11
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-9 04:14
I think a bad FW update or interrupted FW update corrupts the video board. And the invoice stated DJI replaced the Camera main board, since all I sent in was the X3

Hi Tru Green,

had same issue after an update last year. Luckily it was under warranty BUT it was over a 2 month turn around so had no choice but to purchase another X3 to continue working.

Amazingly, when the camera was eventually returned from DJI, the lens had been put in upside down! Ended up fixing this myself.....it is a shame that quality control is non existent at DJI IMHO. Great machines but the software just seems to get more bloated and unreliable. I long for version 1.2 (and some of Donnie's Polish Vodka !)

Regards Wolf
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Wolfman Posted at 2018-1-11 17:00
Hi Tru Green,

had same issue after an update last year. Luckily it was under warranty BUT it was over a 2 month turn around so had no choice but to purchase another X3 to continue working.

Yea I sent mine in and got it back within 3 weeks, but then again I'm in California, and so is the DJI repair center I sent it too
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules