New Spark battery not charging!
6276 8 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
samuelescobarg
New

Colombia

Greetings, I just bought a new DJI Spark from amazon and the bundle that I acquired included three batteries. The battery that came in the Spark worked perfectly and it was already updated with the latest firmware. Another one needed to be updated and after that it worked as expected. The remaining battery wont charge at all, I thought that as the documentation said, " all batteries are shipped in hibernation mode" I needed to charge it before I could use it or update it, so I did, I left it all night charging plugged to power source but it actually never charged. I’ve made a video that shows what is happening when I try to charge the battery.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DwjOl2Z8VckSkLet_zwMr7E_4Os1VJW-

Is there a solution for this issue? Should I ask the vendor for warranty?

Please help.

Best Regards

Sam

2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sam, can you power on the drone when this battery inserted? If yes, please connect the drone to the APP, check the battery info via the APP. Besides, I'll forward this video to the engineers for a check, will keep you updated.
2018-1-9
Use props
samuelescobarg
New

Colombia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-1-9 00:12
Sam, can you power on the drone when this battery inserted? If yes, please connect the drone to the APP, check the battery info via the APP. Besides, I'll forward this video to the engineers for a check, will keep you updated.

Hello Diana! Thanks a lot for your reply! Fell free to send the video to whoever you think appropriate!
No, I cannot power up the drone at all, it just sits there repeating what you saw in the video.
I have two other batteries that charge perfectly so I guess the problem is not being caused by the Spark.

BEST BEST REGARDS!!
2018-1-9
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

samuelescobarg Posted at 2018-1-9 09:24
Hello Diana! Thanks a lot for your reply! Fell free to send the video to whoever you think appropriate!
No, I cannot power up the drone at all, it just sits there repeating what you saw in the video.
I have two other batteries that charge perfectly so I guess the problem is not being caused by the Spark.

looks like you got a bad battery.  hope dji gets you a replacement quickly.  cheers
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_VeQ7bFM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32500 ft
Thailand

It also happen to me I brought fly more combo one of the battery is not charging so I got replace from my local store
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sam,  I would recommend you contact the retailer first since you just purchased it, see if they can replace it for you. You can also send the drone in for diagnosis, refer to the following link to contact the support, they'll help you to start a case.  https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_eMNKMb0G4UUh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8763 ft
United States

So, I have three batteries now.  one of them refuses to charge.  I took 1 charge on my multi-battery charger, then was dead since.  I have it finally charging while inside the spark.  I wonder if it has anything to do with the firmware out of sync that I had to ignore while I was on my trip.
2018-3-18
Use props
Jerpie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 191211 ft
Netherlands

https://forum.dji.com/thread-140564-1-1.html

I have the exact same problem!
2018-3-18
Use props
Av8or1ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4478 ft

United States

DJI doesn't care about their customers. Attached is my support thread asking for remediation and being told that they won't help.

2020-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules