Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Swapped X3 Zoom Case Onto My Z3
1375 12 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

So did a thing today. Purchased a non working Osmo X3 Zoom to take the casing off an swap it over to my Z3. That white Z3 was killing me hanging under my Black Edition Inspire 1 Pro. Now it matches and looks WAAAAYYYY better.

X3 Zoom as it comes

X3 Zoom as it comes

X3 Zoom as it comes

Comparing the two side by side

Both top covers removed

Both top covers removed

Both top covers removed

This little fan glued in pretty well

Unsoldier the red and black wires was easier

And the finished product

And the finished product

And the finished product

2018-1-8
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Much better

2018-1-8
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

That looks clean Oh and I'm back in Canada.......lol
2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Have your tested if the X3 Zoom can be fully controlled by Inspire 1?
2018-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-9 00:11
Have your tested if the X3 Zoom can be fully controlled by Inspire 1?

I did try yes, and the answer is no. It just hangs there dead, and on the app got image disconnect error. But my Z3 is fully functional after the black case swap so I'm happy
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-9 03:06
I did try yes, and the answer is no. It just hangs there dead, and on the app got image disconnect error. But my Z3 is fully functional after the black case swap so I'm happy

I think so, they are not compatible.
Amazing thought though.
2018-1-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-9 04:31
I think so, they are not compatible.
Amazing thought though.

I'm curious though. The X3 Zoom I was told had gimbal issues, but I don't have an Osmo handle to test it. Could I send it in to DJI for repair service even though I swapped cases and it is now white??
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-9 04:37
I'm curious though. The X3 Zoom I was told had gimbal issues, but I don't have an Osmo handle to test it. Could I send it in to DJI for repair service even though I swapped cases and it is now white??

Personally, I would not recommend to do so, since the products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired, moreover you have modified the camera.
I suggest to contact recommended repair center to see if they can help: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-1-10
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-10 00:58
Personally, I would not recommend to do so, since the products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired, moreover you have modified the camera.
I suggest to contact recommended repair center to see if they can help: https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

Ok that's what I thought. Thank you

It's just the seller I bought the X3 Zoom from claimed the image would show on the app but the gimbal just beeped and didn't move, but I want to be sure about this if I'm going to sell it myself
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-10 09:09
Ok that's what I thought. Thank you

It's just the seller I bought the X3 Zoom from claimed the image would show on the app but the gimbal just beeped and didn't move, but I want to be sure about this if I'm going to sell it myself

Beeping sound and no movement are usually caused by the damaged gimbal motor, maybe the screw inside gets loose or something else, it would be better to borrow a grip from your fiends who own one or dealer to verify the issue since I'm not sure official repair center will get it repaired for you.
2018-1-11
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-11 06:21
Beeping sound and no movement are usually caused by the damaged gimbal motor, maybe the screw inside gets loose or something else, it would be better to borrow a grip from your fiends who own one or dealer to verify the issue since I'm not sure official repair center will get it repaired for you.

Don't have any friends with the Osmo handle, and the X3 zoom just sold on Ebay also so don't need to worry about repairing it
2018-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-11 08:20
Don't have any friends with the Osmo handle, and the X3 zoom just sold on Ebay also so don't need to worry about repairing it

That's great, very fast.
2018-1-11
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-9 03:06
I did try yes, and the answer is no. It just hangs there dead, and on the app got image disconnect error. But my Z3 is fully functional after the black case swap so I'm happy

My X3 Zoom did get picture on the Inspire 1 Pro but no controls. Like you said, it hangs there.
2018-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules