Osmo Moble v1, New user, is this normal?
1034 9 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adapa
lvl.1

United States

Briefly,
I bought a referb osmo mobil v1 off the dji site at the end of Nov 2017.
i have an ios 7 (or 6, i don't remember) phone
When i went to set it up the Osmo M. I couldn't due to the ios issues- finaly the apple update fixed that & I was able to take my first vid.

when i played it back, i noticed jumps in the video. further explaination, like little skips or jerks. These occured when i had the osmo in a base and i was just using the pan & tilt functions on the handle.

i called tech support & was told to do a recalibration- I did and it did not solve the problem.  I took a 1 min vid sm jumps/jerks can be see within the first 15 sec but the major jump happens at around sec 45-47. If interested please watch the 1 min link short link for jumps/jerks

any other suggestions to fix the jump/jerks?

this set up will be for interviews at conventions- so i can invision using an external mic AND I am going to need to figure some way of charging my iphone...... open to suggestions on this two issues too.

2018-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Adapa, we are sorry for the trouble caused.
May I have the DJI Go APP version, iOS system version and firmware version for better support? Thank you for your assistance.
2018-1-8
Use props
adapa
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-8 23:26
Adapa, we are sorry for the trouble caused.
May I have the DJI Go APP version, iOS system version and firmware version for better support? Thank you for your assistance.

go app v3.1.23
ios 11.2.1
firm 4.30.02
2018-1-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

adapa Posted at 2018-1-9 10:34
go app v3.1.23
ios 11.2.1
firm 4.30.02

What happens if you turn more slowely?
I have seen similar jumps in fast pans myself.

Some more questions:
1. iPhone version? (6,7??)
2. What resolution are you filming?
3. Do you also have it with the native camera app?
4. Maybe shut down (press home twice and swipe away the apps that are open) and try again.

But most likely it is my first hint: too fast pan.

Now for part 2 of your question:
- It might be hard to add an external mic AN/OR charge the phone while mounted, but I can't confirm that since I own a iPhone SE. Just try and see if it fits while being balanced (you know, when you have the Osmo Mobile off and shake the device, it should stay level).
- Also you will need to have the extra mount for osmo devices if you want something to attach them to. Maybe you will be better off using an external microphone and sinc the sound in post.

Maybe a stupid question, but on a interview / convention, why not use a simple tripod and phone clamp?
Or are you planning to move around while filming. (that is what the Osmo Mobile is made for, of course).
2018-1-9
Use props
adapa
lvl.1

United States

I have a 6S iphone

1280x720 the quality doesn't need to be great

i do have the native iphone camera app, but i'm filming it with the dji go app & exporting it- then it shows in the native app

I have restarted my phone... LOL...

It seems contrary to the spec if i'm on the slow resolution & yet i can't record a decent clip at the fastest pan the device allows...  that doesn't sound right.

I do a lot of movement while at con- so yes, i need the mobile  to enable better quality of vid through the convention floors.

ARGGg-- yes- i really have been hesitated to get into vid/sound post - but it looks like i'm going to have to go there. I'll play with the connections & balance.  silly question -- the charging port, can that accept a mic ? I'm guessing no.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adapa Posted at 2018-1-9 13:19
I have a 6S iphone

1280x720 the quality doesn't need to be great

Adapa, thanks for coming back to us, we have been aware of this issue and we will keep improving in the the next version, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, please try other resolution.
2018-1-10
Use props
adapa
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-10 03:15
Adapa, thanks for coming back to us, we have been aware of this issue and we will keep improving in the the next version, we apologize for the inconvenience caused, please try other resolution.

which next version?  Of the osmo firmware? the ios app?
I'm confused
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

adapa Posted at 2018-1-10 08:56
which next version?  Of the osmo firmware? the ios app?
I'm confused

Sorry for the confusion, I mean next APP version. Appreciate your patience.
2018-1-12
Use props
Magog Drone Tes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16001 ft
Canada

Well, if there was mouvement while you were shooting the video, the camera stabilisation from the Iphone try to do is job and it might create jump in the image. Instead of using the DJI GO app try the Iphone's Camera app!  
2018-1-12
Use props
Magog Drone Tes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16001 ft
Canada

Well, if there was mouvement while you were shooting the video, the camera stabilisation from the Iphone try to do is job and it might create jump in the image. Instead of using the DJI GO app try the Iphone's Camera app! You will get even more stable shot!
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules