Mavic Pro Gimbal Plate Popped Out
4072 5 2018-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jeanmarc
New
Canada

I recently bought a used Mavic Pro off craigslist (big mistake). I took it out on my first flight this morning, and I noticed a warning on the app telling me the gimbal was behaving incorrectly. The camera and gimbal all work perfectly, but the footage does have an odd vibration that looks unnatural.

After inspecting the mavic more closely, I noticed that the gimbal plate appears to be slightly damaged. Everything looks in good shape (all of the elastics seem fine, gimbal appears to behave naturally, cables seem ok), but the plate seems to be on the outside of the L-shaped metal 'guard' on the aft side of the gimbal plate. I've attached a close-up photo showing the gimbal plate.

Has anyone had any issues with the lower portion of the gimbal plate popping out of the L-shaped metal guard? Any idea what I could do to fix the issue? I've tried gently moving the lower plate, but it looks like the L-shaped guard is too long for me to be able to slid the plate back under it
IMG_0656.jpg

Reference Gimbal Plate

Reference Gimbal Plate
2018-1-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like you may be able to pushback into place. At least from the picture.
2018-1-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-1-9 04:54
Looks like you may be able to pushback into place. At least from the picture.

It does seem that way.
2018-1-9
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Just take it out of the two L shaped at front and then start to slide it in at back L shape then you can slide it in on the front  one at time.
2018-1-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

G_Sig Posted at 2018-1-9 05:43
Just take it out of the two L shaped at front and then start to slide it in at back L shape then you can slide it in on the front  one at time.

I did it that way once. The front ones are shorter and take less movement to put in than the rear one, was actually pretty easy.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, please try to put the gimbal plate under the L-shaped guard, see if it helps, here is a video for your reference.
2018-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules