GPS signal lost!?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rantomhero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 351 ft
Finland

I have a phantom 4 advanced that I consider brand new since it only has 5 short flights(total 20min)that have all been stopped by gps signal loss.
The drone has been collecting dust for 2 months now since it is useless and dangerous to  fly due this gps problem, well because I hate spending 1300€!!!!!! on junk I desided to give it a try yesterday and it lost the signal again like allways.
So now I would like to know where and how do I return it to get full refund.
This is my second dji drone, the previous phantom 3 pro destroyed itself and Im done with these toys.
Dji take a catch on this one and tell me how to proceed.

Thank you.
2018-1-8
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which device? If IOS, make sure you are on the latest version, 11.2
2018-1-8
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

Bashy Posted at 2018-1-8 22:54
Which device? If IOS, make sure you are on the latest version, 11.2

Yep ios and latest go app.
2018-1-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Lost signal is not GPS?
Is it the reduced range issue that you have trouble with or is it GPS issues, at what distance do you get the "Lost Signal"?
2018-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I don't know about Finland, but in the USA, the warranty only gives you 7 days to return for refund.  Otherwise, you have to return for repair/swap.  Good luck.
2018-1-9
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-9 01:20
Lost signal is not GPS?
Is it the reduced range issue that you have trouble with or is it GPS issues, at what distance do you get the "Lost Signal"?

It just loses gps and goes to atti mode!
When gps signal loss warning comes the drone wants to fly itself, and I can tell you it is NOT easy to safely fly it home, and it really has lost the signal every 5 times I have tried to fly it, at takeoff everything is normal but just few minutes of flying it goes crazy.
2018-1-9
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-9 03:07
I don't know about Finland, but in the USA, the warranty only gives you 7 days to return for refund.  Otherwise, you have to return for repair/swap.  Good luck.

Yes I know, I should have returned this junk immediately after first flight but i did not have time to fly the damn thing in week or so and I could not believe that this would be typical to these toys.
I have tried different locations and no help, like I said before I had a phantom 3pro that never ever had gps problems.
2018-1-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

rantomhero Posted at 2018-1-9 04:31
It just loses gps and goes to atti mode!
When gps signal loss warning comes the drone wants to fly itself, and I can tell you it is NOT easy to safely fly it home, and it really has lost the signal every 5 times I have tried to fly it, at takeoff everything is normal but just few minutes of flying it goes crazy.

Okay wasn't sure if it was the Videofeed/control signal that dropped out like many including myself experience.
Best advise is to have it sent for repair asap, if unsuccessful after three attempts it should be possible to cancel the deal when bought within EU.
2018-1-9
Use props
Air/America
Second Officer

United States

Sell at auction on eBay
2018-1-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Buying from DJI  is like a marriage.   For better or worse, or till crash do you part.  Good luck on the refund.  Probably a lost cause.
2018-1-9
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

You have to go to support by DJI, they can analyse your flight how was the issue for the GPS loss.
2018-1-9
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

allyssongemelli Posted at 2018-1-9 07:25
You have to go to support by DJI, they can analyse your flight how was the issue for the GPS loss.

I can analyse it myself, after ~3min flight time gps signal gone and same thing every flight.
2018-1-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

rantomhero Posted at 2018-1-9 11:45
I can analyse it myself, after ~3min flight time gps signal gone and same thing every flight.

Certainly sounds like it had issues from the very start. Too bad you waited so long. But, the GPS module is not hard to change out. Just saying I think you would be ahead to buy a new  or used GPS module and change it yourself. You will have to sell it for quite a bit less if you don't, because nobody wants a drone that will not fly.
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

rantomhero Posted at 2018-1-8 22:56
Yep ios and latest go app.

What about current firmware, not the app.?

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-9 06:58
Buying from DJI  is like a marriage.   For better or worse, or till crash do you part.  Good luck on the refund.  Probably a lost cause.

There are simple separations... Haha

Usually up in a tall tree... Snickers

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-9 13:55
What about current firmware, not the app.?

Latest everything, called local service shop and they told that this is a common fault, gps module nees to be changed with some other module...
2018-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

rantomhero Posted at 2018-1-9 14:52
Latest everything, called local service shop and they told that this is a common fault, gps module nees to be changed with some other module...

Yes, it's best to get it corrected by the professionals.

Unless the repair is a simple fix...

RedHotPoker
2018-1-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

What is the exact error message you get?
Just thinking if it can be a issue with the compass, where do you take off from, is it likely you live near rocks/cliffs with a lot of iron in?
2018-1-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rantomhero Posted at 2018-1-9 14:52

You might be outwith the refund time, but surely not the warranty period, raise a case with DJI, and return to Netherlands for repair if GPS module genuinely faulty.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, have you contacted the Support and start a case? Here is the link for your reference: https://www.dji.com/support. Please kindly offer your case number once you got, we'd like to check the exact status and keep follow up.
2018-1-14
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

Well here is some update on this one.
I did send it to some shop that is just  delivering it to Netherlands for DJI warranty repairs, where they did have a look at it and found no problem or fault on the craft, but  they did send me another craft anywys.
This replacement is definately not a new one as they told me, but this one seems to be working, or havent lost the GPS signal anyways.
BUT now there is a second problem
2018-3-7
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

I did send it to some shop here in Finland that is just  delivering it to Netherlands for DJI warranty repairs, where they did have a look at it and found no problem or fault on the craft, but  they did send me another craft anyways, this whole process took 4+ weeks
2018-3-7
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

I did send it to some shop here in Finland that is just  delivering it to Netherlands for DJI warranty repairs, where they did have a look at it and found no problem or fault on the craft, but  they did send me another craft anyways, this whole process took 4+ weeks
2018-3-7
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

rantomhero Posted at 2018-3-7 17:33

What is wrong with this Forum
2018-3-7
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

2018-3-7
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

This replacement is definately not a new one as they told me, but this one seems to be working, or havent lost the GPS signal anyways.
BUT now there is a second problem (plus the fact that I now have some used second hand craft instead the brand new one that was faulty from the factory
2018-3-7
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland

2018-3-7
Use props
rantomhero
lvl.1
Finland