Stretched image on video recordings
954 25 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nyo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7 ft
Greece

Hello, I've just bought Phantom 4 and i noticed that on videos there are 2 vertical stretching lines while moving my drone. These lines are at the bottom of the image and while moving is like stretching the image on this lines. I used 1080p 60fps. On 4k 30fps recording has no problem. The problem exists even when drone is stopped and i manually move by my hand. Are there any settings about this problem, it is frustrating.

2018-1-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Germany

check the option in camera settings : over exposure warning , disactive it
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-9 02:24
check the option in camerra settings : over exposure warning , disactive it

Ok i will try it and let you know. Thanks.
2018-1-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Germany

nyo Posted at 2018-1-9 02:32
Ok i will try it and let you know. Thanks.

Thanks to you myo & welcome
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-9 02:24
check the option in camera settings : over exposure warning , disactive it

I disabled overexposure warning but the image still stretching. To explain it better, does not show any black line from over exposure but there are 2 lines at the bottom of the camera that when image moving a stretch  effect is showing.
2018-1-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

nyo Posted at 2018-1-9 10:20
I disabled overexposure warning but the image still stretching. To explain it better, does not show any black line from over exposure but there are 2 lines at the bottom of the camera that when image moving a stretch  effect is showing.

Try reinstall the app , maybe it solve the problem
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-9 10:22
Try reinstall the app , maybe it solve the problem

It's not the app. The video is the same even when i don't even use the app, even when the drone is not flying but i don't know if it's software or hardware problem. In 4k 30 fps video is OK.
2018-1-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

nyo Posted at 2018-1-9 10:48
It's not the app. The video is the same even when i don't even use the app, even when the drone is not flying but i don't know if it's software or hardware problem. In 4k 30 fps video is OK.

maybe the last FW update .. ? did it updated recently ?
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-9 10:51
maybe the last FW update .. ? did it updated recently ?

I have V02.00.0106 firmware. Is this the latest?
2018-1-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

nyo Posted at 2018-1-9 10:58
I have V02.00.0106 firmware. Is this the latest?

not sure  , im PHANTOM 3 se user
2018-1-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

i found this video about video settings in your model , maybe you miss some step , hope it help you .. im just watching to learn
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-9 11:01
not sure  , im PHANTOM 3 se user

I have the latest firmware. Is there a mail or something else to contact with dji because i don't know what is causing it. Thank you for your answers.
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-9 11:06
i found this video about video settings in your model , maybe you miss some step , hope it help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTUtBQv43jc .. im just watching to learn

Yes I've seen videos like this one, but did not help.
2018-1-9
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

nyo Posted at 2018-1-9 11:25
Yes I've seen videos like this one, but did not help.

Sorry then , Please wait for an Operator Advice
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 2018-1-9 11:35
Sorry then , Please wait for an Operator Advice

To describe my problem better look at the bottom of the video. click to view video
2018-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nyo Posted at 2018-1-9 12:30
To describe my problem better look at the bottom of the video. click to view video

That looks like a lens distortion to me, I would suggest returning it to DJI for repair. Even better, see if you can exchange it for another where you bought it.

2018-1-9
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

I've had identical problem like You.  This distortion happened only in Full HD options which I prefer to use. I've sent my craft to DJI repair service and they replace whole camera with gimball. When it comes back everything works fine except gimball noise at startup. I'm afraid about this weird sound, but it appears only during startup craft.
2018-1-9
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

owiecPL Posted at 2018-1-9 15:00
I've had identical problem like You.  This distortion happened only in Full HD options which I prefer to use. I've sent my craft to DJI repair service and they replace whole camera with gimball. When it comes back everything works fine except gimball noise at startup. I'm afraid about this weird sound, but it appears only during startup craft.

Thank you for your answers. So it's a hardware problem and has to be replaced. I will contact with my dealer. Then the problem is solved?
2018-1-10
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

He will ship Your drone to DJI repair service. Hope they change camera on Your drone.
This is 4 accident I've seen about this distortion. Really don't know what's the main reason of this problem. I've asked Susan about other components/firmware in camera but didnt received any answer.
Really I don't understand this random problem which we've with that craft. If someone goes wrong with firmware it should concern all P4s.
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nyo Posted at 2018-1-10 10:19
Thank you for your answers. So it's a hardware problem and has to be replaced. I will contact with my dealer. Then the problem is solved?

Hi Nyo, have you already contacted your dealer? How is it going now? Please feel free to contact us if you have any further question.
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nyo Posted at 2018-1-10 10:19

Hi Nyo, just to verify, the issue appears both live video and SD card, right? If yes, I'm afraid that it needed to be sent in. If you need any further assistance, please kindly offer the case number, I'd like to help.
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

owiecPL Posted at 2018-1-10 12:42
He will ship Your drone to DJI repair service. Hope they change camera on Your drone.
This is 4 accident I've seen about this distortion. Really don't know what's the main reason of this problem. I've asked Susan about other components/firmware in camera but didnt received any answer.
Really I don't understand this random problem which we've with that craft. If someone goes wrong with firmware it should concern all P4s.

Sir, the PM may not work well sometimes. I've just replied you post there: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1104733
2018-1-14
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-14 23:29
Hi Nyo, just to verify, the issue appears both live video and SD card, right? If yes, I'm afraid that it needed to be sent in. If you need any further assistance, please kindly offer the case number, I'd like to help.

Yes the issue happens both live and with SD card. I have contacted with my dealer here in Greece but i have to take it to their repair services, they don't offer delivery. So at the end of the week i will go there. I don't know if i have to open a case here.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nyo Posted at 2018-1-15 13:15
Yes the issue happens both live and with SD card. I have contacted with my dealer here in Greece but i have to take it to their repair services, they don't offer delivery. So at the end of the week i will go there. I don't know if i have to open a case here.

There are two options for your reference:
1. Contact the dealers. Generally, the dealer will report in dealer system, the designated team will take care of this.
2. Start a case and send it to DJI Official Service Center directly: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-1-18
Use props
nyo
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-18 18:53
There are two options for your reference:
1. Contact the dealers. Generally, the dealer will report in dealer system, the designated team will take care of this.
2. Start a case and send it to DJI Official Service Center directly: https://www.dji.com/support

They have changed my camera and now is OK. Thank you!
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nyo Posted at 2018-1-20 13:37
They have changed my camera and now is OK. Thank you!

Nice to know the issue has been figured out. Happy flying!
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules