This is ground control to major Tom...
1561 18 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kirker
lvl.4
United States

It is Tuesday, I have the day off and I am ready for flight number 1. Two fully charged batteries, and the rain has stopped and will not be back till later this afternoon. Watched a YouTube video for beginners and I will Hoover in place outside and start using the buttons to learn. Manual has been read (more than once). About 2 hours total of you tube videos. Which turns out to be quite a few at 1 to 5 minutes a pop. I feel comfortable and cant wait. T minus 2 hours to lift off. Yea, I am like a kid with a new fun piece of geek.
2018-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good luck, safe flying.
2018-1-9
Use props
Smolly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15712 ft

South Africa

Have a good one.
2018-1-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Happy landings! I still remember my maiden flight very well. It was exciting and a great experience. And I made a piece of fun out of it for the family watching by wearing my last years carnival costume. And this is how I got my avatar picture on this forum taken by Spark...
2018-1-9
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come back and post your first flight. Don't forget to hit the record button.
2018-1-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the world of droning! Enjoy your first flight, make lots of pretty pictures & videos and post them.
2018-1-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Bing Err Posted at 2018-1-9 06:31
Come back and post your first flight. Don't forget to hit the record button.

Ha, that's exactly what happened for me and I had to redo the flight for the official records ;-)
2018-1-9
Use props
Kirker
lvl.4
United States

It’s raining. Nuts!! Hopefully it will clear up later. I will keep ya posted.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kirker Posted at 2018-1-9 08:30
It’s raining. Nuts!! Hopefully it will clear up later. I will keep ya posted.

Hope your drone is okay. Please fly in recommended environment. Safety comes first!
flight environment.PNG
2018-1-9
Use props
Kirker
lvl.4
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-9 23:56
Hope your drone is okay. Please fly in recommended environment. Safety comes first!

Thanks Elektra. Spent to much on this thing to ruin it in the rain. I was sneaky and I piloted it in the house....I know I know I shouldn't have. But it was fun and I only shaved one of my wife's house plants.
2018-1-11
Use props
Kirker
lvl.4
United States

Okay, so due to the weather. I took my first flight indoors. Wife will be happy I only shaved one house plant. I have to admit it was very easy to control.
2018-1-14
Use props
Kirker
lvl.4
United States

So if you watch the drone bounce at about 1:08 seconds, that was the wife's house plant.
2018-1-14
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

You might want to consider turning off obstacle avoidance indoors since it slows the drone down and you cannot get out of risky situations i.e. Near a wall and can't go the other way so spark goes into the wall. Or I suggest buying propeller guards. They are cheap! Have lots of fun mate
2018-1-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck on the first outdoor flight and take care flying indoors in case VPS malfunctions and with no GPS connection you'll enter ATTI mode and probably crash... Make sure you keep those prop guards on when flying indoors.  
2018-1-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Congratulations for the maiden flight! Good that you didn't shave the cat or the dog .
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kirker Posted at 2018-1-11 04:45
Thanks Elektra. Spent to much on this thing to ruin it in the rain.  I was sneaky and I piloted it in the house....I know I know I shouldn't have. But it was fun and I only shaved one of my wife's house plants.

Sorry to hear that. Please fly with caution and mount propeller guards when you fly it indoor. Please avoid things which can have a bad influence on VPS.
3D VISION SYSTEM.png
2018-1-16
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Not long before you are outdoors and totally hooked,, good luck with your flights.
2018-1-16
Use props
Kirker
lvl.4
United States

Flighty Posted at 2018-1-16 09:01
Not long before you are outdoors and totally hooked,, good luck with your flights.

Yep, I am hooked. I got to fly outside on Monday, one because I had the day off, and two because it was between storms. I have to admit I had a lot of fun in sport mode.
2018-1-17
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

Congratulations and yes they are a blast.
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules