How to obtain original Warranty Activation Date in writing?
1449 6 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAMP
New
United States

Good morning. I have been reading the forums and I see that some of you are very knowledgeable when it comes to the registration information of DJI drones and  I have a question. I bought a drone on eBay that the seller listed as new, but when on the DJI app trying to acivate the product, it gave me a message that the I purchased the drone from an unauthorized source, and that the warranty has not been activated. (SEE ATTACHED PHOTO) Upon calling DJI customer service they told me the reason  that I got the error message is because the warranty had already been activated 9 months before, on 4/19/2017. I have opened as case against the seller to recieve a partial refund, but PayPal is requesting documentation that proves the drone was not new, and that the warranty was registered prior to the date that I made the purchase, ths proving that the drone was not new when I recieved it. I called csutomer care and they suggested that I post here on the forums for the answer as they did not have it. So, what I am wondering today is do you have a way to send me the warranty activation information so I may print it? Maybe to email? This way I can provide this information to the payment center that I used as proof that I bought not a new drone, but a used one. I can gladly provide the serial number for the drone as well. Thank you in advance for any and all help that you offer. It`s very appreciated.
2018-1-9
Use props
MAMP
New
United States

this is the screen shot of the message I got.

Screen Shot of message

Screen Shot of message
2018-1-9
Use props
MAMP
New
United States

Can I get written proof of original warranty activation date?

Good morning. I have been reading the forums and I see that some of you are very knowledgeable when it comes to the registration information of DJI drones and  I have a question. I bought a drone on eBay that the seller listed as new, but when on the DJI app trying to acivate the product, it gave me a message that the I purchased the drone from an unauthorized source, and that the warranty has not been activated. (SEE ATTACHED PHOTO) Upon calling DJI customer service they told me the reason  that I got the error message is because the warranty had already been activated 9 months before, on 4/19/2017. I have opened as case against the seller to recieve a partial refund, but PayPal is requesting documentation that proves the drone was not new, and that the warranty was registered prior to the date that I made the purchase, ths proving that the drone was not new when I recieved it. I called csutomer care and they suggested that I post here on the forums for the answer as they did not have it. So, what I am wondering today is do you have a way to send me the warranty activation information so I may print it? Maybe to email? This way I can provide this information to the payment center that I used as proof that I bought not a new drone, but a used one. I can gladly provide the serial number for the drone as well. Thank you in advance for any and all help that you offer. It`s very appreciated.

final.jpg
2018-1-9
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sellers on ebay will  rip you for sure. Beware.  You should contact them and see what happens.  Also, I would list his name on here so other folks won't get rooked.
2018-1-9
Use props
MAMP
New
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-1-9 07:05
Sellers on ebay will  rip you for sure. Beware.  You should contact them and see what happens.  Also, I would list his name on here so other folks won't get rooked.

Well... i`ll definitely post his name once I have a little more of this figured out. As far as contacting him... he literally stated that he never sold me a drone even though I paid him for one and can show that I have an eBay transaction with him. So he basically is lying. That`s what brings me here to obtain the warranty activation information so I can give that info to PayPal, who thus far has been also of little help, to prove there is no way my drone was "NEW in BOX" as he listed, when the warranty was activated 9 months before I got the drone. Also came with a completely dead battery.
2018-1-9
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

MAMP Posted at 2018-1-9 07:12
Well... i`ll definitely post his name once I have a little more of this figured out. As far as contacting him... he literally stated that he never sold me a drone even though I paid him for one and can show that I have an eBay transaction with him. So he basically is lying. That`s what brings me here to obtain the warranty activation information so I can give that info to PayPal, who thus far has been also of little help, to prove there is no way my drone was "NEW in BOX" as he listed, when the warranty was activated 9 months before I got the drone. Also came with a completely dead battery.

How can this guy actually deny you bought something from him when you have a transaction to provide him with? Man, I feel for you and hope you get some help! This should not happen. I think if you do get some hard evidence, PayPay or Ebay will have your back. I have heard of others that have had legitiment complaints getting help. I will be interested to see if DJI will actually offer that warranty info up. I hope so for your sake. What a rip off. Good luck.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

MAMP, we are sincerely sorry to read about your unfortunate experience, may I know your own contact number that you used to call our support? We will verify it to see if there is anything we can do, thank you.
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules