Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Props appearance on photos when shooting on snow and sunny environment
518 3 2018-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anuvis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

I recently experienced the following issue....I was on vacation to a ski center and i wanted to take a planet pano.The weather conditions was totally clean weather with the known Greek sun dominating in the top of the mountain (sunny day with white snow)....So i took the pictures and when the transfer to pc finished i checked the photos and i saw almost 12 photos from the total 46 having prop signs with white and black colors some photos had white stripes from one to another end....So with lightroom i managed to clean the photos and stich my pano....It was a very boring and time consuming process with not good result particularly in one photo but the job had done...So... I figured that spark with sunny day and snow sucks.....I want to know if an ND filter would make the prop sighs disappear in such photo conditions...

2018-1-9
Use props
Sparky_17
Captain
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

one way to avoid this is to tilt your gimbal down a little and this will prevent the video or picture from capturing the props.  Lightroom has worked well for me when i do have prop shadows appearing in my pictures.
2018-1-9
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Anuvis. I would recommend you follow the advice in 2#. And you can lower the speed of flight and tilt down the camera to avoid shooting the props. Usually,  it won't include the shadow of props if the speed is below 5m/s in no wind environment.
2018-1-9
Use props
heliman
First Officer
Denmark

@Elektra: How would you fly fast while doing a sphere panorama?
2018-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules